Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

5BW daily driver

Grainofsand

Seasoned Member
Just wanted to see if anyone daily drives their 5BW, and how it holds up as a daily. Is the gas mileage that bad? Thanks

I DD my BW, I average 19/20 MPG (lifetime is around 18.3) although I've noticed that if I get into it a bit (to, uh, merge safely onto the highway) the average drops quite quickly!

It is the perfect car for me. Comfortable, powerful, very safe handling and excellent brakes. I almost got into an accident this morning because the brakes are better than the moron in the Honda behind me.

If you are concerned with gas mileage, I should point out that it requires premium. I'm fairly sure that it will run OK on regular, but then why did you spend so much money on a high performance car?

It is surprisingly friendly for a car with such huge hp, even with temps down into the 40s on the OE sticky tires. I love driving mine to work, to the grocery store, anywhere. Great with passengers, too. It rides really well, too, even in V mode.

Mileage? Yeah it gets miles per gallon. Not many miles per gallon (averaging 11.8). I don't care because it's 1,000,000% worth the driving experience.

Also DD my car. I’m getting around 12mpg since it’s mostly surface streets and not long highway stretches. I DDed and a 2nd and 3rd gen CTSV before this so I’m used to shit mileage, but damn are they fun.

Sorry in advance OP, but these threads always crack me up. Of course people DD these, that’s what they are built for! Its one of the best, comfiest GT sedans ever made. And another of course, gas mileage will suck for the most part as you have a big a** SC V8 in front of you!

Drive it, have fun!

Picked up on July 2nd 2022

my2022 ctv 5bw...
20240221_090959.jpg
20240221_091047.jpg
zVeM9D.gif

Last edited:
Really enjoying this ride as a DD. No complaints except turning radius which doesn’t come up often. Very comfortable and fun…decent sound system (better when playing iPhone music vs Sirius Xm). I wasn’t planning on driving in winter but lack of snow and moderate temps have enabled its use…some traction issues with acceleration when below 40 degrees as expected but surprisingly grips well even in 30s. I am a believer now in all the reviews.

Looks like the abysmal MPG is the only "negative" about this car. Even my Avalanche gets better mileage, Lol.

Daily drive my manual 5BW year round. 7600 miles so far. Fantastic daily for sure. My last daily was a G80 M3. That wasn’t bad, but the 5BW is worlds better, and while feeling much more connected. Pretty fascinating.

I’m averaging about 15. But I open her up every chance I get.

Daily my manual 5 as well. Very comfortable and just eats up highway miles. No complaints at all - to echo others my mileage is terrible (under 200 mile range per fill up in summer) but I can’t keep my foot out of it.

I work from home but I DD the car nonetheless. Have just over 32,000 miles and couldn't be happier. MPG varies as expected with my right foot - no complaints. If I wanted better fuel economy, I'd by an economy car! (Or an EV.)

I daily mine (6spd). Its the reason I bought it. MPG? Who cares! I buy every car because I want to drive it not because I'm saving money. :)
I'm coming from a 6.6L Chevy Silverado 2500 which was my daily before and a 6.0L Silverado 2500 before that. (they avg around 12)

On trips Ill get 24/25 so far around town im averaging about 17 to answer your question though.

The car is super fun to drive, and I loved my trucks and still have a 1500 that the wife drives, but this is just another animal all together. I also have a 2018 2SS Hot Wheels Camaro, sort of a cousin car, but even that is a different experience. I can not quite put my finger on it but overall there is something special about this car that I really love.

On trips Ill get 24/25 so far around town im averaging about 17
This is part of the point. If you keep your foot out of it, it's really not bad on gas. On a trip with cruise, it's rather good. Mid 20's. I've seen 28-30 on the instant mpg in the DIC running 75-80 on the interstate.

I would say it's the perfect daily for a car guy. It's super tame when needed, and plenty of fun when you want it. Also easy to park and just enough ground clearance to get in and out of all places without having to worry. The tires have just enough sidewall to work through the bumps without damage. The paint is standard GM so you don't feel bad if it gets a chip or two. Being a 4 door makes it super convenient to just throw something in the back without having to use the trunk. The fuel economy isn't really bad for the power it makes. I think the issue is the low range due to the small fuel tank. As a daily, I would suggest staying off of the Carbon Fiber options.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back