Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 CT5 Blackwing engine failure

Sorry to hear this. That's disappointing to say the least.

LU.png

Engine is on backorder and GM has stated they intend to honor warranty. Unfortunately, they are doing what they warrantied as ugly and crappy as it is?

Engine is on backorder and GM has stated they intend to honor warranty. Unfortunately, they are doing what they warrantied as ugly and crappy as it is?
They aren’t and they are in violation of most states lemon laws. You can’t tell a customer that you have zero idea when we will get an engine built/shipped to you and we aren’t even considering a buyback nor any other compensation.

No wonder the Japanese brands have taken and held the sales lead for decades in the US with the domestic brands treating their customers like this.

I'm not licensed in TX nor do I practice Lemon Law but my understanding is that attorney fees are included in any buyback litigation. Can you get a free consult with a LL attorney?
Here in California, they are. Quickest way to get a settlement is through lemon law lawyer. Doing it by yourself through GM is a fools game. Sure it may happen from time to time but if you have a good lemon law attorney, you will get your maximum relief!

Say what you want about CA, but I understand they have VERY generous buyback laws. I think it's like 3 times with no fix. So easy, many people use it for whacky things to get out of their loans. So much so, that there's a dealer here in PHX metro that buys these buybacks from the manufacturer and resells them after they "fix" it. The Carfax's are fun to read.

Here in California, they are. Quickest way to get a settlement is through lemon law lawyer. Doing it by yourself through GM is a fools game. Sure it may happen from time to time but if you have a good lemon law attorney, you will get your maximum relief!
What has kept me from hiring a lemon law attorney so far is another individual at my workplace who has not had success going that route. His Dodge truck has been at the local dealership waiting on a (backordered) transmission now for 18 months. It is under warranty and he has been making the payments this whole time. He hired a lemon law lawyer about 6 months ago and still has no resolution.

Last edited:
What has kept me from hiring a lemon law attorney so far is another individual at my workplace who has not had success going that route. His Dodge truck has been at the local dealership waiting on a (backordered) transmission now for 18 months. It is under warranty and he has been making the payments this whole time. He hired a lemon law layer about 6 months ago and still has no resolution.
That sounds very out of the norm, makes me curious as to what the full story is there.

You can always file a LL complaint on your own.

That sounds very out of the norm, makes me curious as to what the full story is there.

You can always file a LL complaint on your own.
I agree-- either his lawyer is not very good or there is more to the story. I have been contacting the various involved state attorney general offices this morning. I purchased the vehicle in Texas, but registered it in and live in Louisiana. The Texas AG official ask whether my issue was with the dealer, the mechanic, or the manufacturer. When I told him the latter, and asked about jurisdiction, he did not believe Texas was the correct jurisdiction, and pointed me toward the Michigan AG, FTC, and NHTSA. I now am calling the Louisiana AG to see what their guidance is on this, and after that I will call the Michigan AG. Texas was the jurisdiction I filed the BBB lemon law complaint under, and jurisdiction may be the primary reason GM was bold in claiming it did not meet the requirements of the Texas statutes.

Sorry about your troubles. I assume you have not modified the car. It is likely that GM will stand behind the warranty and either fix the engine or give you a new one. 21,000 miles on the rear tires is incredible. I won't be able to do that.
I had a 2013 CTS-V that the rears made it to 9000 miles.

They aren’t and they are in violation of most states lemon laws. You can’t tell a customer that you have zero idea when we will get an engine built/shipped to you and we aren’t even considering a buyback nor any other compensation.

No wonder the Japanese brands have taken and held the sales lead for decades in the US with the domestic brands treating their customers like this.
Your probably correct as I have no experience with lemon laws etc. I just know how the Auto mfg's work and having customer take the short end of the stick is their MO which is all mfg's including Japanese.

What has kept me from hiring a lemon law attorney so far is another individual at my workplace who has not had success going that route. His Dodge truck has been at the local dealership waiting on a (backordered) transmission now for 18 months. It is under warranty and he has been making the payments this whole time. He hired a lemon law lawyer about 6 months ago and still has no resolution.
A good, experienced lemon law attorney is what you need. There’s no reason to delay. handling it yourself will just lead to frustration.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back