Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Daily driver

The suspension is definitely on the stiff side and can get a bit “jumpy” over bad asphalt. Compared to my MK7 GTI with DCC it’s night and day. The GTI would soak up bumps and never get unsettled…think that had a lot to do to the 800+ lbs weight difference. My wife and kids complain about the rough ride over bumps. As a driver I don’t find it to be an issue.

The suspension is definitely on the stiff side and can get a bit “jumpy” over bad asphalt. Compared to my MK7 GTI with DCC it’s night and day. The GTI would soak up bumps and never get unsettled…think that had a lot to do to the 800+ lbs weight difference. My wife and kids complain about the rough ride over bumps. As a driver I don’t find it to be an issue.

How many miles you got on it?

I remember when I first got the BW I was not impressed with the supposed magic carpet ride. I remember my wife saying that it was just about as stiff as her X3M and that gets the reputation of being a stiff ride.

Then probably about 2 to 3 thousand miles in the suspension must have broken in and the rude softened up. It's now night and day better than the X3M.

How many miles you got on it?

I remember when I first got the BW I was not impressed with the supposed magic carpet ride. I remember my wife saying that it was just about as stiff as her X3M and that gets the reputation of being a stiff ride.

Then probably about 2 to 3 thousand miles in the suspension must have broken in and the rude softened up. It's now night and day better than the X3M.
About 1200 miles

But great daily despite GM getting worse at fixing common complaints like schoolbus loud brembos and telling me to deal w it lol.
Unfortunately I had the same experience.
The GM shims and both the GM and Brembo branded copper paste did NOT fix it for me.
Multiple versions of Hawk pads had the same squealing as OEM, that would literally wake up my neighbors.

Although I'm not a fan, or endorsing them, the Powerstop pads ended my Brembo squeal after I swapped to their rotor and pad kit.

I'm up to 3500 miles now and about to take a small trip to Austin. I love driving this thing every second that I can.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back