Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Shitty buttons

Grainofsand

Seasoned Member
Some of the buttons in my 4BW feel outright shitty. The Auto Hold button, which I use daily, feels like it belongs on a car from wish.com. The traction control button right next to it isn't that far behind. I'm tired of pressing and holding the memory seat button when I get in and out of the car. Some of this should be standard on a 'nice' car. Thanks for reading.

Is it like, crunchy? I actually commented to my wife last night how these buttons feel on par with my Audi, which was praised for being a very good quality interior. IMO with these cars they prioritized what matters, performance, and luxury in the areas that matter (seats, steering wheel, center console material, AC buttons, etc) and cut costs in lower priority areas (lower doors, trunk, etc.)

Why are you holding the memory seat button? You can set it to automatically move back when you shut it off and open the door to have more room to get out and as soon as you start it moves back to where you want it. The memory positions are tied to each key if that wasnt explained by the dealer.

I know you won’t like this, but that’s GM (Ford and Dodge also). It’s why they cost significantly less than the competition from BMW and other German products. I agree, it sucks but it is what it is.

I'm terribly confused. My buttons feel fine. I think if I have any complaint it would be the track skip buttons on the steering wheel are a bit stiff. Like they're new and need to be broken in.

Other than that everything feels like (I know this will be shocking to some) "buttons" ;shrug

My buttons feel fine and the seat moves back when the engine is off and driver door opens. It is a software setting to make it do that. Look in your menus, it’s called “Fatty’s Escape” just turn that on and you’ll be good to go.

I'm terribly confused. My buttons feel fine. I think if I have any complaint it would be the track skip buttons on the steering wheel are a bit stiff. Like they're new and need to be broken in.

Other than that everything feels like (I know this will be shocking to some) "buttons" ;shrug
It’s a feel thing, the definitely feel down market compared to the Germans. But, I enjoy driving this more than any of my German cars except my 6 MT Cayman GTS 4.0, which obviously isn’t fair.

I agree with @1Evil55 100%. And to add to that, I’ll take a down market interior at this price point to have the exceptional driving experience. Aside from the buttons and some hard plastics, I actually like the interior, love the seats, steering wheel and at least the shitty buttons are placed very well so it’s easy to adjust whatever.

My buttons feel fine and the seat moves back when the engine is off and driver door opens. It is a software setting to make it do that. Look in your menus, it’s called “Fatty’s Escape” just turn that on and you’ll be good to go.
Why do people need to move their seat back to get out? I have mine set to my driving position and I can comfortably exit and enter the car. I am certainly not a thin person.

I second most of the folks in this thread and all my buttons are just fine. No issue with the interior for the parts I care about and look at frequently.

Audi and Porsche have had serious button issues when they delaminated over the years. In fact the 997.1 buttons are well known to have their coatings wear off easily. Plus some older Ferrari models have sticky buttons that I think cost 15k to replace. I think the Caddy buttons are fine, but I will admit the turn signal stalk could be a bit more beefy and the sound of it coukd be better. Obviously it’s all electronic now and there is no longer some actual electro mechanical relay snapping back and forth, to make the real click clack sound that many of us grew up with.

Keeps the brakes applied after you release the pedal to prevent the car from rolling. Common use is for a manual transmission car, while you transition your right foot from the brake to throttle.
Except we have Hill Start Assist and the owners manual looks like Auto Hold is something for an auto transmission? So they dont have to hold the brakes at a light or something?

Except we have Hill Start Assist and the owners manual looks like Auto Hold is something for an auto transmission? So they dont have to hold the brakes at a light or something?
pretty much yes. like if you're in traffic or at a red light you don't have to have your foot on the pedal, the car will remain with the brake on until you step on the gas

Why do people need to move their seat back to get out? I have mine set to my driving position and I can comfortably exit and enter the car. I am certainly not a thin person.
I've had a full knee replacement and it won't comfortably bend enough to get out easily. Getting in is no problem.

pretty much yes. like if you're in traffic or at a red light you don't have to have your foot on the pedal, the car will remain with the brake on until you step on the gas
I think you actually need to step back on the brake to disengage. It works best for brake torqueing.

I agree, that is a shitty button. Isnt that what Park is for?

For me (normal sized dude, not old and arthritic) it's more about reducing wear on the seats. Those big side bolsters make getting in while the seat is in my driving position a high-friction affair. Much easier with it programmed to move back.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back