Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Daily driver

I live 10 minutes from work and I often wish the drive was longer just so I could keep driving my 4BW haha! Backroads only for me which makes it even better. We've also been very fortunate to have had nothing but sunny weather for two full weeks now (which is very uncharacteristic for this time of year in my area). So far the only thing I find annoying is that the rear windows don't have one-touch auto-up, which I got very used to coming from a GTI. The nice weather has prompted all windows down, every day. I've been enjoying the V6 exhaust note, this thing sounds great.

11 months,17000+ miles ,Cross country road trips. Cracked windsceen, 1/4-20 bolt R-R tyre. vroomvroom And thats the rest of the story....

I live 10 minutes from work and I often wish the drive was longer just so I could keep driving my 4BW haha! Backroads only for me which makes it even better. We've also been very fortunate to have had nothing but sunny weather for two full weeks now (which is very uncharacteristic for this time of year in my area). So far the only thing I find annoying is that the rear windows don't have one-touch auto-up, which I got very used to coming from a GTI. The nice weather has prompted all windows down, every day. I've been enjoying the V6 exhaust note, this thing sounds great.

I live exactly 13 minutes from work if I take the detour twisty way. about 10 if I take the normal way. Thankfully, the 4BW gets up to temps quickly enough so that I can floor it on the freeway onramp. Since I start work at 530am, I can really pick up some speed since there's not a lot of people on the road that early, and I haven't seen any cops there ever in 5 years. I hit about 135mph yesterday before I backed off. I don't do top speed runs everyday though. That's how you get caught.

I agree about the one-touch window up for the back seats. I was surprised it doesn't have it for the price point.

I agree about the one-touch window up for the back seats. I was surprised it doesn't have it for the price point.
My 5BW has one touch up on the back windows.

Last edited:
How are you liking the 4BW or 5BW as a daily driver? Any qualms?
I never understood owning a sports sedan , if it's not going to be your daily driver.
If it's not my daily driver, it's going to be a track or fun focused toy.

I've been daily driving my SS Sedan M6 since new, and glad to see others are going the same with their Caddys.

Last edited:
4BW is an excellent daily! Sun, rain, snow it can do it all. Comfortable when you want it to be and only a V button away from waking up for a good on ramp. Seriously I can’t think of a better car for me and my family.

4BW is an excellent daily! Sun, rain, snow it can do it all. Comfortable when you want it to be and only a V button away from waking up for a good on ramp. Seriously I can’t think of a better car for me and my family.

THIS......

I never understood owning a sports sedan , if it's not going to be your daily driver.
If it's not my daily driver, it's going to be a track or fun focused toy.

I've been daily driving my SS Sedan M6 since new, and glad to see others are going the same with their Caddys.
Same….several other cars I’d rather have as a track/weekend toy in the low 6 figure price range. An under the radar sedan as a garage queen just doesn’t compute for me

Same….several other cars I’d rather have as a track/weekend toy in the low 6 figure price range. An under the radar sedan as a garage queen just doesn’t compute for me

I understand your position, but what works for you doesn’t always work for others. I have 8,500 miles on my 5BW 6MT in almost 2 years so it doesn’t sit all the time, but I’d prefer not to drive it daily as I plan to keep it 20+ years hopefully.

I daily a ‘23 TRX as I go to job sites and need a truck sometimes. I also have several other vehicles so it’s nice to have a little rotation for variety. Plus, when I get back in the BW I am always reminded what an amazing vehicle it is.

The old adage of “Absence makes the heart grow fonder” applies in this case to me. :)

I understand your position, but what works for you doesn’t always work for others. I have 8,500 miles on my 5BW 6MT in almost 2 years so it doesn’t sit all the time, but I’d prefer not to drive it daily as I plan to keep it 20+ years hopefully.

I daily a ‘23 TRX as I go to job sites and need a truck sometimes. I also have several other vehicles so it’s nice to have a little rotation for variety. Plus, when I get back in the BW I am always reminded what an amazing vehicle it is.

The old adage of “Absence makes the heart grow fonder” applies in this case to me. :)
Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Who knows?? My tentative plan is to daily it for ~100k miles and then retire it to garage queen status. Best of both worlds.
Daily it till it's toast, then strip it, put a roll cage in, and make it a track monster - haha. Hopefully by then we will have cracked the Global Network tune crap

Heh. On most days I take Mulholland to Old Topanga Cyn. to PCH to and from work.
Does
not
suck
😲 those are some great roads you "have" to take to work. I drive the Santa Monica/Malibu canyons on the weekends as my therapy when I have time. You, sir, are very fortunate.

The 4 is a great daily all around. But the gas mileage sucks for a TTV6 when the competition has TTV6’s w more power and get better gas mileage. So that part confuses me a bit as to why the LF4 is not capable of better numbers without a tune. But great daily despite GM getting worse at fixing common complaints like schoolbus loud brembos and telling me to deal w it lol.

I daily my 5BW from March-October for a 30 mile commute from NJ to Philly. I had a Chevy SS before the 5BW that was my daily driver. The Caddy is on an entire different level than the Chevy. It is a soothing and refined drive (even exclusively driving in track mode). It provides smooth ride and the cabin is ultra quite compared to the Chevy. I have a Jeep GC SRT for bad weather and winter that gives the BW a break from harsh weather conditions. But it is nothing like the BW driving experience.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back