Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Advice for A Daily

Isn't this the same engine as in the M550? I know that the engine in the M550 has a lot of reliability issues.

Though they share the same architecture, the m550 has the N63 engine while the M5 has the S63. I researched this heavily as reliability was one of my main concerns in purchasing a German car with a complex engine. I’m fairly confident that with proper maintenance, my S63 will serve me well.

Here’s an article that breaks down the main differences between the two:

Look at a Genesis GV70. Bought that for wife's DD. Twin Turbo 6cyl, great torque, nice standard options, plush interior. This Porsche Macan with a little more room, with way more of the good stuff without having to add $30k in options to get it over the base model.

Anecdotes abound on both sides of any reliability story and in my opinion they are mostly useless in the context of modern cars. With a few exceptions, contemporary cars are very reliable. To remain relevant, groups like consumer reports have to change the scaling of their ratings and include subjective categories to make distinguishable evaluations.

My useless anecdote: I do all the maintenance on my daughters GLK350 and I think MB puts together a very solid car.

Saw this just a minute ago, would be my choice and if it came in a manual, I'd be on Audizine and not here (though a BWagon would bring me back here)

20240126_150109.jpg

M

As a wagon lover, I always wanted the RS6 but trying to get one during Covid proved difficult if not impossible.

I still want a Blackwing but I’m also really excited to see the G99 M5 Touring when it’s officially unveiled soon.

As a wagon lover, I always wanted the RS6 but trying to get one during Covid proved difficult if not impossible.

I still want a Blackwing but I’m also really excited to see the G99 M5 Touring when it’s officially unveiled soon.
Based on their recent history and the design of the new base 5 series...

I am not optimistic it'll look anywhere near as good as the RS6.

The powertrain will be absolutely fantastic though.

Though they share the same architecture, the m550 has the N63 engine while the M5 has the S63. I researched this heavily as reliability was one of my main concerns in purchasing a German car with a complex engine. I’m fairly confident that with proper maintenance, my S63 will serve me well.

Here’s an article that breaks down the main differences between the two:

This was a very interesting article. I still wouldn't own any BMW out of warranty.

You might be amazed by the rear seat room in a Golf R (and I suspect Audi S3 isn't bad for its size)...but yeah you know your needs...
This is exactly what I was going to suggest too. Save some money and get a Golf R. I daily a GTI and the hatchback is just so practical, especially if you have to fit it into a tight parking spot on the street. Too bad VW screwed up the interior of the new generation with all the touchscreen BS because it's a good enough car I'd just replace it with a new one without even looking at other options.

IMG_5587.jpeg

My mk2 is probably my favorite car that I’ve owned and I’ve owned some good ones.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest too. Save some money and get a Golf R. I daily a GTI and the hatchback is just so practical, especially if you have to fit it into a tight parking spot on the street. Too bad VW screwed up the interior of the new generation with all the touchscreen BS because it's a good enough car I'd just replace it with a new one without even looking at other options.
I love our GTI. Its a MK VI and its just so great and practical (roomy with great storage....I haul lots of stuff in it...good rear seat room too...) - OK its FWD (and that sucks)....but 400+ HP helps...its currently my most fun car to drive in most circumstances (hard to beat the Mustang in top down weather...)

I am obviously biased to bmw, I've had many of them including M5s, and the new ones have just staggering performance.

Hard for me to ignore the S7 though, it looks fabulous, nicer interior, more unique. Both can be (like the MB) potential money pits, but that's kind of a crap shoot. I've had German cars that never see a mechanic, and others that I spend more time in loaners...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back