Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V CT4-V BW vs Camaro ZL1 vs C8 Z51

Cadillac CT4-V model

CT4-V BW vs Camaro ZL1 vs C8 Z51

• Blackwing

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • ZL1

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • C8 Z51

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
Other way around. I had to BW4 first then the C8. Both wonderful cars. The C8 was an exciting, exceptional, handling car. The BW four, maybe the best daily driver ever!. Now I’m driving this, lol
Nice, I like it. I went opposite way charger to BW, gotta try them all!

Great GM cars. ZL1 manual for the track and ridiculous ICE power.

C8 for a 2 seat touring and track car that feels very neutral with the mid-engine.

CT4 BW manual as the jack of all trades.

I went from a ZLE to a fully optioned CT4 BW. I miss the power at the track (Porsche GT owners giving me a point by never gets old) but I don't miss anything else. The BW feels lighter...strange but true for me.

Since the OP is looking for a DD, Blackwing wins for practically and fun.

Last edited:
For a Daily Driver/Canyon Carver I think a Blackwing would be perfect. Ultimately a 5BW in manual would be a better matchup for this comparison but If you only had one car amongst these 3 I’d still choose a 4BW in manual.

The 4BW has the right amount of power ride quality and practicality for the street/canyon…it has way better visibility to boot.

The 1LE can be a rough DD experience, I think I’d go with the standard mag ride on the ZL1. The back seat is useless.

It’s a paradox for me as having an auto is ideal for a DD and it’s fantastic for track times but I will never get past the C8 having only two pedals. It only makes sense to me in a Z06. ( no offense to anyone who has an auto, I think its amazing on so many levels, but it does absolutely nothing for me and I’d never consider one in a sports car unless I lost my left leg).

It’s a paradox for me as having an auto is ideal for a DD and it’s fantastic for track times but I will never get past the C8 having only two pedals
You’re not alone. It somehow places the c8 last in my list. I know it’s a great gearbox etc. but a manual is just half the fun in a fun car.

I did look into ZL1 and C8 Z51 last year when my Mustang got totaled by someone. My budget was 80k out of the door. But I need something that is more family friendly since this would be my daily and I have a toddler. So ultimately, I took the CT4-V BW. Do I regret? No! Do I miss the V8? Absolutely!

I traded a 2021 ZL1 for the 4BW. No regrets. The 4BW is much easier to live with, feels more nimble, shorter M6 gearing is more fun on the street, much better visibility and driving position. The ZL1 is a beast but I found it over the limit for the street. The ZL1 is at home on a road course.

I have owned a few Corvettes over the years. If the C8 was available with a manual I would probably be driving one, but it doesn't, so I'm not. :)

Didn’t realize the blackwing had shorter gearing than the Camaros.
Specifically, the Tremec in the Camaro ZL1 and 5BW mated to the LT4 uses taller gearing, column E. The 4BW Tremec M6 uses the same gearing as in the Camaro SS, mated to the LT1 V8, column C. Note the torque ratings as well for each engine application.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 8.43.24 AM.png

4BW
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 8.48.08 AM.png

5BW
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 8.49.15 AM.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC