Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Daily driver

I've had my 4BW for a week and the only real ding I would give it is that it has abysmal gas mileage when I get on the throttle. Boost comes on early, so there's no helping that. Magneride 4.0 makes most road bumps and imperfections disappear. It's practical and has a lot of storage for cargo. It's a head turner too. I have a white one, and people stop and look and random people in gas stations have complimented the car. Which is odd since the 4BW isn't as bold a design as the ATS-V. I guess the front looks angry and menacing though.

I work from home so my 4BW isn't really a daily driver. It's been a great car for random errands and trips.

I recently sold my 4BW A10 after roughly 18 months and 20,000 miles of daily driving. I’m 70 years old so I’ve had quite a few cars and I have to believe it’s the best daily driver ever! I’ve lived in Los Angeles basically my whole life and daily driving is what it’s all about and SoCal.

I would absolutely daily my CT5 BW but I have a company car. Each day I'm not driving the BW, I dream about driving it when I get home. It's that intoxicating.

Great ride, great sounds, great audio system, massage, etc. It actually doesn't cost too much to fill up either. Roughly $45-$50 per fill up (although range is about 230 miles...).

The ONLY reason I'm not driving it is the company car saves me gas $ and miles on my personal vehicles and in fact sometimes I cheat and drive the BW anyway, and then the boss scolds me.

Worth it.

I daily my 4BW 6MT (~10K miles a year) and it's incredible. Goes from full attack, back road and track monster to comfortable luxury cruiser with the touch of a button.

It's my first manual and I've had no issues navigating NJ rush hours.

I too work from home yet somehow, I've got 23,000 miles on my 5BW! Yes, I love it as a daily. Only nit is my lack of discipline with the gas pedal means I'm on a first name basis with gas attendants at multiple local Costcos!

I've had my 5BW 6MT for about 2.5 months and have done ~2,700 miles in it as my daily. I commute about 30 miles each way to downtown L.A and back for work. I get caught in traffic from time to time and it's honestly not that bad given the relatively lightweight clutch. I also take my kids to soccer/baseball practice, pick up from school etc., and it works great. Like others have said, gas mileage and miles per tank are pretty poor, so frequent fill ups are unavoidable. Also, the turning radius is pretty bad compared to almost any other car (and some SUV's) I've driven.

I daily my 4BW 6MT (~10K miles a year) and it's incredible. Goes from full attack, back road and track monster to comfortable luxury cruiser with the touch of a button.

It's my first manual and I've had no issues navigating NJ rush hours.
I've never been disturbed driving in stop and go traffic with a manual. I don't try to keep a consistent distance, and I just start a roll in gear and roll up in neutral. It's just never bothered me.

I have 2,800 miles on my 5BW 6MT over 3.5 months as a daily driver. No complaints to speak of other than the range is pretty pitiful, oh and as mentioned the turning radius is abysmal. I only drive very locally most of the week, but 1x/wk drive 85mi round trip to the city and also drive it on weekends. I average about 16-17mpg, but can get into the mid-20s highway.

It's very comfortable (amazing ride), the tech is useful, controls are laid out well, and of course the power and sound make every drive a delight. Can't think of a better daily for me.

Funny you mention turning radius. Its like the wheel should go another 1/2 turn, but won't...........very odd indeed. Only (minor) complaint though.......

Good to see others embracing 3 pedals in traffic. Shifting your own gears is always better in every situation.

The complaint about the turn radius for both models seems to be universal.

Can't we just turn tighter by going full lock at 100% throttle?:Steer

That's what I was getting ready to say. Turn off stability and traction control, crank the wheel, nail the gas, pop the clutch, and boom, 180 degree turn within the length of the car. Can't beat that. :D

To the OP, I don't daily my 5BW 6MT (8,300 miles since August 2021), but you easily could. Besides the smallish gas tank, it's incredibly comfortable, smooth, fun, fast, and just plain enjoyable. I am lucky enough to have several vehicles, so I sometimes go a week or two between BW drives and whenever I slide behind the seat and drive a few miles, I just go, "Ahhhh...." It's a machine.

Last edited:
How are you liking the 4BW or 5BW as a daily driver? Any qualms?

I have roughly 9000 miles on the clock since last September as my DD in New Jersey and absolutely love it so far.

The seats are comfortable enough to spend 2-3 hours in without too much drama from my back, and the chassis puts the power down like a champ upon request. It's the best of both worlds at the press of a button. User/infotainment controls are placed intuitively, and you get actual buttons instead of those awful haptic gimmicks from the 2010+ CUE systems.

The only downside I have noticed is that I find myself at the pump station twice to three times a week, but I think that is more closely related to my right foot being habitually glued to the floor :thumb

This is kind of fun. My 5BW 6MT is a daily driver but this discussion has gone around before. It seems that many of the early buyers were adamant that these were to be garage queens that were to be exposed to the elements only a few times per year and only in the best of weather. The earlier discussion got heated and I believe that many of the initial buyers were just adding another nice car to their collection.
This discussion didn't get heated and I believe that most of the later buyers are buying great cars to enjoy without the luxury of having different cars for each day of the week. That may be a bit harsh as I would too if I could. :)
But yes, they make fantastic daily drivers. I just had to add a set of all-weather tires mounted on some BBS wheels for the not-summer seasons around here and all is good.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back