Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Advice for A Daily

singhmuscle

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
24 CT5-V Blackwing On Order
Hey everyone ! I bought my Blackwing CT5V from Sewell at MSRP last yr and hve put ~2400 miles on it. Love the car but I largely leave it in the garage for weekend fun and leisurely trips. My other daily is a 23 GMC 2500 Denali Diesel but Im wanting another sports sedan as a daily. I know this is a Blackwing forums but I wanted to get an input on what everyone thinks to these cars:

19-20 S63 AMG Sedan
21-22 M5 Competition
21-22 RS7

I live in the North and prefer to get an AWD car that I can double as a family car in the snow. All of these cars are in the 85-95K range with under 25K miles. Also would be nice to hve a turbocharged European car for a change to couple with the American supercharged.

Which do you think is best to pair with the V Blackwing in terms of performance and reliability ?

A regular 4V or 5V with AWD?

Hey everyone ! I bought my Blackwing CT5V from Sewell at MSRP last yr and hve put ~2400 miles on it. Love the car but I largely leave it in the garage for weekend fun and leisurely trips. My other daily is a 23 GMC 2500 Denali Diesel but Im wanting another sports sedan as a daily. I know this is a Blackwing forums but I wanted to get an input on what everyone thinks to these cars:

19-20 S63 AMG Sedan
21-22 M5 Competition
21-22 RS7

I live in the North and prefer to get an AWD car that I can double as a family car in the snow. All of these cars are in the 85-95K range with under 25K miles. Also would be nice to hve a turbocharged European car for a change to couple with the American supercharged.

Which do you think is best to pair with the V Blackwing in terms of performance and reliability ?
I agree that a 4BW with snow tires would make a great DD pair to a 5BW, just ask @Tall Steve about that.

But if you want something AWD, fast, and with a larger back seat, a Tesla Model 3 performance would fit the bill and be cheaper, quicker, and more reliable than any of the options posted above. Even a brand new Plaid is $90k and will be the quickest car you've ever driven.

If your thinking about replacing your truck with another sports car........keep the truck! My 5BW 6M is my sunny day, warm weather, twisty country road carver, and my daily drivers are an F150 4 wheel drive and Audi Q5 all wheel drive. Each serve a different purpose, which makes all three, that much more enjoyable to drive.

Honda Civic Type R with snow tires.

19-20 S63 AMG Sedan - If you love tech, you can't go wrong with merc
21-22 M5 Competition - If you want crazy performance and some tech, but you really can't beat the performace
21-22 RS7 - Kind of a mix of both, and that quattro system is amazing

I love the look of the RS7 and that would be my choice out of the list. BUT if you were thinking of the RS7, why not the RS6? You get everything the RS7 has but more cargo space.

21-22 M5 Competition - If you want crazy performance and some tech, but you really can't beat the performace

I love the look of the RS7 and that would be my choice out of the list. BUT if you were thinking of the RS7, why not the RS6? You get everything the RS7 has but more cargo space.
Since he's talking about used, I would bet there are 5x as many used RS7s on the market as RS6s, and they depreciate much quicker. If we're talking new, then RS6 all day every day.

If your thinking about replacing your truck with another sports car........keep the truck! My 5BW 6M is my sunny day, warm weather, twisty country road carver, and my daily drivers are an F150 4 wheel drive and Audi Q5 all wheel drive. Each serve a different purpose, which makes all three, that much more enjoyable to drive.
Truck will stay.

Def leaning on the RS7 myself. Idk. Ive never been much of a wagon guy.

Truck will stay.
👍
Def leaning on the RS7 myself. Idk. Ive never been much of a wagon guy.
That said, I'd be leaning toward the Audi RS7 or maybe an RS5. My brother has an RS5 and absolutely loves it.
imagejpeg_1.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Audi S4 / B6 manual. Supercharged, 6 speed (sound familiar) with a set of all weather tires. I had one and it is super in the snow and liked it way more than the S6 that replaced it (which is an S7 with headroom in the back seat).
But I would love an RS7 if I could afford one! :)

I love the RS7...and imagine the M5 comp would be a fantastic car as well. But since you al;ready have a larger sized car what about something like and RS3 or Golf R (later has great hatchback utility). They would both be AWD and a different experience than a 5BW or any of the other cars you mentioned. I'm personally biased against Mercedes....not saying they are a bad choice...and they look better then they used to...just not for me.

I love the RS7...and imagine the M5 comp would be a fantastic car as well. But since you al;ready have a larger sized car what about something like and RS3 or Golf R (later has great hatchback utility). They would both be AWD and a different experience than a 5BW or any of the other cars you mentioned. I'm personally biased against Mercedes....not saying they are a bad choice...and they look better then they used to...just not for me.
I would like a larger car similar to the BW, since I do hve kids. Preferably auto and something with increased comfort. I am thinking RS7 or S63. The M5 would def be more visceral but comfort and tech would be emphasized over the performance

Because the S58 is the automotive equivalent of Thanos packing all 6 infinity stones whereas the S63TU is the automotive equivalent of a Ming vase at the running of the bulls.
Good analogy. I could see myself tuning it later down the road as well, which makes the S58 more desirable. I just cant get over the face ! Looks like a garden snake head lol.

Now..
RS7, M5, or S63 ?

19-20 S63 AMG Sedan
21-22 M5 Competition
21-22 RS7

None of these cars are reliable. You will spend thousands if not tens of thousands on repairs. I have owned all 3 of these manufacturers. Brakes are especially pricey.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back