Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Ahhh, based on what I'm reading here... even if (BIG IF) my car gets build on 5/30 week (which is a shorted week due to Memorial holiday), I don't think I will be able to get it anytime soon?

On separate note, been thinking about trying out X5 M Competition. Never owned a BMW. Any former/current owners?

Don’t have the big boy X5m comp, but got the wife a X3M comp.

Ordered it 1 month after I ordered the 5BW and it arrived 2 months before the 5BW. Since the BMW SUVs are built in Spartanburg SC they arrive in about 6wks from order if your dealer has an allocation.

For the X5M comp I’d hold off for a little because the LCI facelift version is literally around the corner and will be released in a couple of months. Usually the LCI addresses many of the problems of the generation.

Overall I love the X3M comp way more than I thought I would. Way better tech than the CT5 (BMW HUD is incredible), and much better interior. The S58 motor is insane and the 8 speed ZF auto is amazing, the drivetrain is relaxed in the softest setting and just absolutely ax murderer aggressive in its hardest setting. I drive the same roads in both cars all the time, and maybe this will be sacrilege but I’d have a hard time choosing which one is more fun, they drive very differently.

At this stage who really knows? Dealers don't seem to have a clue. Cadillac doesn't know when an order will ship after it is built, etc etc.
We might as well quit tracking and just be surprised when the dealer calls us up and says I got your car.

boss lol GIF by The PoshGirlsClub

:chuckle

What happens to the orders that have already been accepted? Do they auto convert to 2023?
No. The orders will be deleted from the Order Workbench system. Dealers will be notified of the orders that won't get built. At that point, the dealer should reach out to the customer and ask them if they want to submit the same order with any changes, for a 2023.

Yes... Ordering technically started for the 23's... only orders accepted so far were the anniversary editions
Which means, I can delete all the 2022 orders sitting at 1100 out of the tracking page!

Austin Powers Dancing GIF

Does that mean any 2022 currently at 1100 won't be built?

If that's the case, I need to call my dealer and start working on that 23 build...
Correct

The $995 destination fee might be the worst value thing I've ever used money on in my life
Hit the configurator..... looks like they raised shipping to $1,395. I'll pay I'll pay the bump!

Don’t have the big boy X5m comp, but got the wife a X3M comp.

Ordered it 1 month after I ordered the 5BW and it arrived 2 months before the 5BW. Since the BMW SUVs are built in Spartanburg SC they arrive in about 6wks from order if your dealer has an allocation.

For the X5M comp I’d hold off for a little because the LCI facelift version is literally around the corner and will be released in a couple of months. Usually the LCI addresses many of the problems of the generation.

Overall I love the X3M comp way more than I thought I would. Way better tech than the CT5 (BMW HUD is incredible), and much better interior. The S58 motor is insane and the 8 speed ZF auto is amazing, the drivetrain is relaxed in the softest setting and just absolutely ax murderer aggressive in its hardest setting. I drive the same roads in both cars all the time, and maybe this will be sacrilege but I’d have a hard time choosing which one is more fun, they drive very differently.
Thanks. Not to detail this thread but after reading some of the expected changes in 2023 model, I'm going to hold of getting X5M. Hopefully, by then CT5-BW will arrive and my urge to get something else with die down :)

Ordered my BW5 in mid-October 2021. Wasn't built until March 10th. Good thing I have these two rides to occupy my wait. Sold my Colorado ZR2 in the background to pay half of the BW5.

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_170038037.jpg
    IMG_20210925_170038037.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20200814_192858361.jpg
    IMG_20200814_192858361.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 89
Hit the configurator..... looks like they raised shipping to $1,395. I'll pay I'll pay the bump!
Serious WTF!!! Maybe they are just charging storage cost for holding them for months.

They probably did, as shipping increased for the 2023 Corvette as I'm sure it will for all car manufacturers given the cost of gas

My window sticker says 995, I’ll gladly pay the extra 400 bucks for a speedy delivery.
Same here. I'd guess we are locked in at $995. But I agree on paying more to get the car faster. Hopefully GM is paying the shippers more and taking the hit as otherwise, why get our cars built months ago and make less?

Cadillac chat says my order is at 4000! I’ve been in 3400 with TPWs changing from 4/12-4/18-5/2-4/18. Hope to get a VIN from my dealer on Monday. Now the waiting game to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop