Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Nightmare (long)

Thanks everyone. My aim is to try to get a ‘25 (I am liking the new green) or look for a used one in electric blue. I have not looked into other dealers yet (I’m in Ontario), but I’m concerned it could be a long list from where I was back in early 2022. There are more options in the US used, but our dollar is low at the moment. I have purchased a car in the US before and am familiar with the process. The other idea is just to go with a different manufacturer, but I really enjoyed the manual, chassis, and power this car delivers.

I am picky with the specs and colour (no sunroof and manual only). My car was electric blue with carbon seats. I was not able to order the carbon exterior parts so ordered the parts separately. My front splitter took a year to arrive and arrived right after the car was sold (lol) and I purchased a Terrance Sig reproduction spoiler. I also need to figure out what to do with these parts. It seems the ‘25 might have a different front splitter, but this has not been confirmed yet. I am fine with the new look and I like the bigger screen, but was more hoping they’d add adaptive headlights than anything else.

Anyway, I am still trying to figure out what to do…I still want to bring this to the attention of the GM exec somehow. I just feel this whole ordeal has been unacceptable... especially after having waited so long and then getting the run around.

My Grandmother had a saying that ...."good things come to those that wait". Unfortunately for you, as they time progresses, so does the MSRP of these cars. If you can negotiate a MSRP without any markups on a 2025 and get all the specs that you want, that might be a keeper. Good luck.

Thanks everyone. My aim is to try to get a ‘25 (I am liking the new green) or look for a used one in electric blue. I have not looked into other dealers yet (I’m in Ontario), but I’m concerned it could be a long list from where I was back in early 2022. There are more options in the US used, but our dollar is low at the moment. I have purchased a car in the US before and am familiar with the process. The other idea is just to go with a different manufacturer, but I really enjoyed the manual, chassis, and power this car delivers.

I am picky with the specs and colour (no sunroof and manual only). My car was electric blue with carbon seats. I was not able to order the carbon exterior parts so ordered the parts separately. My front splitter took a year to arrive and arrived right after the car was sold (lol) and I purchased a Terrance Sig reproduction spoiler. I also need to figure out what to do with these parts. It seems the ‘25 might have a different front splitter, but this has not been confirmed yet. I am fine with the new look and I like the bigger screen, but was more hoping they’d add adaptive headlights than anything else.

Anyway, I am still trying to figure out what to do…I still want to bring this to the attention of the GM exec somehow. I just feel this whole ordeal has been unacceptable... especially after having waited so long and then getting the run around.

Here's a car similar to what you are looking for:

Most dealer ordered stock would likely have one.
That's how I got mine, but I got lucky and it found me when I was calling around trying to find the right dealership for my custom order. It was speced the way I wanted and was able to claim it before it was built.

Since you're in Ontario I would give Finch Chevrolet in London a call if you're interested in another.

I got my '23 5V Blackwing from them, it was built October '22 and delivered to me February '23. I got on the list in June of '21 and I was third. They seem to get an allocation every 7 months. I received my allocation September '22 after 15 months.

I inquired with them when the I took delivery about the waitlist and while I don't know what it is now they informed me it wasn't all that bad. While these cars are incredibly reliable rare in Canada, they're also very niche so its not like you're getting onto a C8 Z06 list or something with 20 people.

It sucks your original car came with damage and was sold from under you, the used market here still seems very high and I would expect that if you went that route in Canada you would be paying at least 10k over whatever the MSRP was. With the exchange rate I don't think shopping over the border is worth it.

I traded my car in for 1k over MSRP back in October and I'm pretty sure the dealer sold it within a few days for 125k. My car didn't have any carbon either, just upgraded seats, manual and no sunroof.

I think if you get on a few lists you will get a 5V Blackwing again, it probably won't be a '25 but you will get one.

While I don't have any GM contacts, I do know some people who do and I can inquire, however I would not hold out for that.

Hopefully you get a car soon, I also really love the new green and I'd love another but can't afford it and my Z06 unfortunately.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back