Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Used Value Trend

I was very lucky when I traded my 4BW. Traded just before the big drop in prices. Got back MSRP plus some of the sales tax. That deal was so good, that's how I bought my 5BW, even though I over paid a bit for that. But, I don't really care because I plan to keep it forever.

Where you get hosed is if you have a lot of options. I learned this the hard way with my CLA 45 AMG, which had over $15K in options. Many dealers assess the market value of the car based on year, make, model and mileage. They don’t really care about how many options it has. I had a dealer literally scroll through all of the 45 AMGs he had pulled up on his phone and he was just taking an average, despite many of them not having nearly as many options.

This was a big factor in my buying process with the 4BW. It had to have a manual and be the right price. The MSRP was $67K and with rebates and discounts $62K. Made the hit on the AMG more tolerable.

Where you get hosed is if you have a lot of options. I learned this the hard way with my CLA 45 AMG, which had over $15K in options. Many dealers assess the market value of the car based on year, make, model and mileage. They don’t really care about how many options it has. I had a dealer literally scroll through all of the 45 AMGs he had pulled up on his phone and he was just taking an average, despite many of them not having nearly as many options.

This was a big factor in my buying process with the 4BW. It had to have a manual and be the right price. The MSRP was $67K and with rebates and discounts $62K. Made the hit on the AMG more tolerable.

Yeah I agree. Most of the value monitoring sites don’t even have a way to select CF1 and CF2. I realize it doesn’t add the original value but it still has to be good for something. Like another poster said, probably better to do a private party sale.

Wow this is incredibly low. The dealership just gave me $53k for my 2017 CTS-V with 50k miles on it as a trade in for my 5BW on January 10th!

Seems like the big dogs (CTS, CT5) hold value a bit better

and that's despite carvana still offering way high trade in values... they offered me $5k more on my car last week than any audi or cadillac dealership i called around did

i called about that blaze orange one, its one of my favorite colors
Beyond a shadow of doubt. I was really bummed when it was discontinued. My original order was blaze orange metallic/dark graphite wheels/bronze calipers.
blaze-orange-2022-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-shines-bright-with-just-30-miles-on-the-clock-18621...jpg

Reactions: DCV
Except that mine is an A10 so got the Driver Assist Package, our cars are pretty close in configuration. I'm not bothered by that value, my plan is to keep mine for a very long time.

i called about that blaze orange one, its one of my favorite colors. attached is the window sticker of it they sent me if anyone was interested
One of my favorite colors as well. I had 06 GTO in brazen orange and I loved it so much. I never saw another in that color in the 6yrs owning it.

Beyond a shadow of doubt. I was really bummed when it was discontinued. My original order was blaze orange metallic/dark graphite wheels/bronze calipers.

Same here: I ordered a '22 5VBW in that color which was never built, then a '23 4VBW (late in the model year) which was also never built. Ended up buying a used one just to get that color w/ the carbon fiber goodies.

At the very least I feel like the number of used CT4V BW on the market is decreasing? A nationwide search on CarGurus right now shows 89 results, only 21 manual. I feel like that's really low compared to what I was seeing before.

yes def been lower used and new inventory on 4bw compared to few months or even weeks ago
At the very least I feel like the number of used CT4V BW on the market is decreasing? A nationwide search on CarGurus right now shows 89 results, only 21 manual. I feel like that's really low compared to what I was seeing before.

As many have said the 4VBWs will probably mirror the ATSVs. They’ll drop and then level off in the 40s to low 50s for nice, lower mileage examples. Mine will probably have 50-70k miles on it when I’m done with it so it won’t be one of those. I knew resale was going to suck on it, but I love driving it so it is worth it to me and I still feel like I’m getting my $$$ worth. Would I still like the resale values to be better, of course, who wouldn’t.

My supercharged MR2 was the most fun to drive car I've ever owned. Its lane change movements and such were almost telepathic...it just did it. I ran Yoko R compound semi slicks in the summer and I often made high speed 90 deg turns where i would lose cassette tapes off the dash holder thingy...they just kept going straight right out the window. It was totally stock...but plenty fast - particularly for thew time.

I understand with greater power comes more restraint. Thats why I want more opportunists to drive it out where there is less traffic (and enforcement)...
This is how I feel about my 23 Honda Type R. I previously owned 4 Corvettes and a BW5. The Honda will out handle all of them. It brought the joy back to driving a sports car. Plenty of power to get into trouble with a top speed of 170 mph.

i'm begining the slow process of divesting a couple weekend toys so I can trade my dd in for a 5bw
i'm realizing i'd rather have an expense daily driver than expensive toys

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners