Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Used Value Trend

Sands Road and Patuxent river road.

OMG, which sounds better??? I'll take the Ducati. 90 degree (I think) V4, one of the world's most perfect engine configurations.

Last edited:
The Ducati. It’s total overkill for most roads. I’ve had it up to 145 and it was singing along. It’s got the stock exhaust but I might get the Ducati full Ti Akro system. It’s like 6K and 20 hours of shop labor so all another 1.8 k for that.

The Ducati. It’s total overkill for most roads. I’ve had it up to 145 and it was singing along. It’s got the stock exhaust but I might get the Ducati full Ti Akro system. It’s like 6K and 20 hours of shop labor so all another 1.8 k for that.

The bike is great as it is. Get the exhaust if you want to, but it's surely not needed.

Well got offered 20k below MSRP for my 2023 with 6500km.

SA was just as desperate as me... They seem to fetch much more private party, I will put it on the market around 10k below MSRP to see.

Keep in mind this is CAD with a 87k MSRP.

carandbid had a 2022 5BW manual with CF1/2 with 10k miles. Went for $85k. The values definitely have come down.

I watched that auction. That guy got one HELL of a deal. I can't believe the reserve was that low, or the seller removed it. The car had 14K miles I believe. If you look at the big three used car websites, that's about as low as it gets. The last two went for around $100-105K.

I watched that auction. That guy got one HELL of a deal. I can't believe the reserve was that low, or the seller removed it. The car had 14K miles I believe. If you look at the big three used car websites, that's about as low as it gets. The last two went for around $100-105K.
here's one with the same asking price and no auction fee and i'm sure could be negotiated down even further: Autotrader - page unavailable
there were 6 other MT's on autotrader with asking price below 90k

i dont think that auction was a fluke unfortunately

here's one with the same asking price and no auction fee and i'm sure could be negotiated down even further: Autotrader - page unavailable
there were 6 other MT's on autotrader with asking price below 90k

i dont think that auction was a fluke unfortunately

There will definitely be some good deals out there for used ct4 and ct5 blackwings. These cheaper 6MT ones seem to not have carbon fiber exterior options and upgraded seats although I have seen at least one at a Porsche dealer with these options and a bit of miles sell in this same range. I thought twice about purchasing a new 2024 model when I saw the price trend as well as the higher msrp and increase in price of certain options compared to 2022 models. I found it difficult to find the exact color and options and lower miles I wanted so I ordered one. Hopefully it will be a long term keeper so I try not to think about the current value. The last American car I owned, a gmc syclone, took nearly 25-30 years to appreciate in value….too long to think about.

Last edited:
There will definitely be some good deals out there for used ct4 and ct5 blackwings. These cheaper 6MT ones seem to not have carbon fiber exterior options and upgraded seats although I have seen at least one at a Porsche dealer with these options and a bit of miles sell in this same range. I thought twice about purchasing a new 2024 model when I saw the price trend as well as the higher msrp and increase in price of certain options compared to 2022 models. I found it difficult to find the exact color and options and lower miles I wanted so I ordered one. Hopefully it will be a long term keeper so I try not to think about the current value. The last American car I owned, a gmc syclone, took nearly 25-30 years to appreciate in value….too long to think about.
I was lucky on my 5BW to get my first color choice, the CF seats, and CCBs along with the prerequisite 6M. Installed OEM CF1 myself (although it took me one year to get the splitter). Now I’m all set and could care less about resale value. As Charlton Heston famously said, “from my cold, dead hands.”

Last edited:
In 2015 I started shopping for a CTS V Wagon.
During the months that I was looking, about 6 became available in and around Toronto, the majority priced around or above MSRP.
Those sat unsold throughout my search.
Two, however, came onto the market below MSRP, a black one and a white one.
I got the white one, a used 2012.
Five years and 50,000 kilometres later I sold it for $5,000 more than I paid for it.
(Would have done better if it was a standard. Then again, in that case I probably wouldn’t have sold it.)
All this to say that if my CT5 Blackwing does end up appreciating in value, and I hope it does, I think it will show a similar pattern of dipping in value for a while, with realistically-priced vehicles selling while higher priced ones sit unsold, and then increasing in value a few years after the last one leaves the factory.
IMG_6405.jpeg

Last edited:
Unfortunately those sites don't take the Carbon Fiber packages and most premium options into account.

Unless you have a sunroof and some lower cost options, forget trade-in.

Private party sale is the way to go.

Sounds about right, things are getting back to near normal.

It is sad that such a good car like this depreciates so quickly. I do think they are overpriced, especially when you option them up, but a $80k 4BW being worth $45k after 2 years is a crime. I knew these cars (ATS) had a history of high depreciation so I tried to control myself and purchased a low option example for $61k MSRP. MSRP was the best deal at that time but if they were discounted at the typical GM 8-10% and put it in the mid $50s, that would be the right price for my specific build IMO. I got top dollar for the ZL1 on trade so I "justified" MSRP at the time. It still stings knowing this car with less than 5,000 miles is probably worth $45k on trade. The M6 transmission may command premium to the right buyer and get it closer to $50k.

It is a good thing I really enjoy it and don't plan on selling any time soon.

It is sad that such a good car like this depreciates so quickly.

Years ago, I had a Porsche Panamera S (V8) that I was looking to trade in on an Audi. Thank God that didn't happen. Anyway, I was lamenting the terrible depreciation to the salesman, and he showed me the deal on a recent trade that he had done.

It was a one year old Panamera Turbo that had an MSRP of around $180 and trade value was $95K. Not only is it nearly half off, but you could actually buy an entire car (or two) for the difference. And this was more than 10 years ago, when $85K was actually worth something! ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back