Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Used Value Trend

Deneed4spd

Seasoned Member
I like to just throw my car here and there to see what carvana/vroom or dealerships will offer to see how value is holding up. I been getting between $78k (vroom) to $90k GM dealer. FYI - mine is CT5V manual with 1800 miles no carbon. Although I hope to keep it long term, it does feel nice when a cars value holds.

I think values will hold up great if they stop production and no more blackwings after 2024. If they do produce more in 2025, it may depend on how well received the front end design is as well as the new digital screen. Values may dip a bit just like some other current valuable cars after their initial release (2019 zr1, 05/06 ford gt, gmc typhoon/syclone), but in long term good examples with options and possibly manual trans will do better but no guarantees and who knows when, so just enjoy it while we can.

I think values will hold up great if they stop production and no more blackwings after 2024. If they do produce more in 2025, it may depend on how well received the front end design is as well as the new digital screen. Values may dip a bit just like some other current valuable cars after their initial release (2019 zr1, 05/06 ford gt, gmc typhoon/syclone), but in long term good examples with options and possibly manual trans will do better but no guarantees and who knows when, so just enjoy it while we can.
There should always be some value to the Blackwings? 5-6k total units max of each 4BW,5BW before this product line is lopped off!

I've been using KBB.com. Private party value is still $2k over my '23 MSRP with 7,500 miles. Seems a bit optimistic but long story short, it peaked at $6-7k over so hasn't come down a ton in its first year.

I ponder when they will release the 2024 BW info. If they for some reason decide to increase HP on the car, I think our car value will go down. Sadly I can drive my car since it’s winter and it’s just sitting which makes me a bit antsy

I ponder when they will release the 2024 BW info. If they for some reason decide to increase HP on the car, I think our car value will go down. Sadly I can drive my car since it’s winter and it’s just sitting which makes me a bit antsy
This is GM and there will be nothing changed to engine power etc. Interior gets upgraded screens and front nose clip that is all.

Think you mean 2025, the 24's are being built and delivered already for months now. I am hoping that's all they change MookdocOE i don't want to see "hybrid" and blackwing in the same sentence!

The BW's already have a proprietary front fascia, it makes zero sense for them to get the standard BW front. Even if they get a new proprietary front, it's like who gives two cares as its so in the minutia of overall point of the car.

They are not going through the validation and certification process for incremental power increases for 1-2 more model years.

The BW is a niche and it is what it is. Maybe it gets the new dash but as I've said before '24 MY is the end of the road.

The BW's already have a proprietary front fascia, it makes zero sense for them to get the standard BW front. Even if they get a new proprietary front, it's like who gives two cares as its so in the minutia of overall point of the car.

They are not going through the validation and certification process for incremental power increases for 1-2 more model years.

The BW is a niche and it is what it is. Maybe it gets the new dash but as I've said before '24 MY is the end of the road.
Yes, It will be VERY, VERY hard for GM to justify it's existence in 2025 they already have the NEW Chassis designed for the plant and coming emissions requirements. If your trying to order or on a "LIST" get the car if you want it and good luck!

I feel sorry for you Yankees that can't drive your car year-round. It's when it sits, unused, that you start to wonder about the folly of buying such an expensive car that gets lousy gas mileage. It was 24 degrees here this morning, but I still drove my car to work, enjoying the heated seats and heated steering wheel. I just take it easy, knowing that my PS4S have no traction in the cold.

I doubt that GM will change anything in the drivetrain, as that usually require re-certification from the DOT/EPA, and that's very expensive. I know, first-hand, that GM will screw existing owners (YUGE discounts on the remaining SS cars for example) without blinking, so it's best not to dwell on it.

Also, KBB, NADA etc. are not as accurate as they were before covid shortages. The only true worth of the car is (as the OP mentions) what you can get for it, today, at a dealer, or what they are actually selling for on auction sites like BaT. Asking prices are just that, "asking".

I concur that many years down the road, the manual transmission cars will bring a premium in resale. That said however, I'm firmly in the camp that chants "don't save it for the next guy". Drive your car, enjoy it, be in the moment.

I concur that many years down the road, the manual transmission cars will bring a premium in resale. That said however, I'm firmly in the camp that chants "don't save it for the next guy". Drive your car, enjoy it, be in the moment.
the other car forum i'm on has been saying that for a decade+ and it hasnt happened yet :)
i'm not disagreeing with you, i just think it will take a loooong time

the other car forum i'm on has been saying that for a decade+ and it hasnt happened yet :)
i'm not disagreeing with you, i just think it will take a loooong time

I guess it depends on what that "other" forum is.

I know that for BMWs, the manual cars tend to maintain a higher resale.

For Porsche that is true as well, as is Corvette in my experience. Ferrari, fer sure.

I think part of it isn't just that the manual is superior, but that fewer new car buyers take it, so down the road they are more rare. And (this is totally my supposition) used car buyers tend to be more enthusiast-oriented, and find the manual to be more desirable, so the demand (as a percentage) is higher.

Yeah, yeah, I can rationalize just about anything. ;) LOL

I agree about an expensive purchase just sitting over winter. And as the car market settles back from crazy, I’m assuming our BW will also come down. Even exclusive Porsche used market is starting to come down. If the car value stayed somewhat reasonable it’s easier to swallow.

I know nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 5BW follows the Gen 3 CTS-V. Their values went down pretty good several years ago, but with Covid and especially since, their values have gone up and remain pretty strong. Of course, I'm speaking of clean, low mile, higher optioned, one or two owner units. So, my point is, I'd expect a dip in value in the next year or two, but then I think you'll see them go up, especially when GM says no more. Once GM says no more, I'd expect a spike in value because of FOMO. Everyone will want one.

I know nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 5BW follows the Gen 3 CTS-V. Their values went down pretty good several years ago, but with Covid and especially since, their values have gone up and remain pretty strong. Of course, I'm speaking of clean, low mile, higher optioned, one or two owner units. So, my point is, I'd expect a dip in value in the next year or two, but then I think you'll see them go up, especially when GM says no more. Once GM says no more, I'd expect a spike in value because of FOMO. Everyone will want one.
Just echoing this with some context. My 2017 V has every option available, ~50k miles, and I was offered $54k from the dealership last month. I'm keeping it until my 5BW arrives at the end of February and we'll see where values are at that point.

4V BW used values are brutal. My dealer called and is trying to sell me a new 23 6 MT 5V BW at MSRP. They are willing to give me 52k for trade on my fairly loaded 23 4V BW (75k ish MSRP).

4V BW used values are brutal. My dealer called and is trying to sell me a new 23 6 MT 5V BW at MSRP. They are willing to give me 52k for trade on my fairly loaded 23 4V BW (75k ish MSRP).

It's incredible how this car in particular (even worse the A10s) is under appreciated from the general public.

Mass market is way to far gone into the tech/flashy Instagramable marketing hyping trends to appreciate the passion of driving put into the 4BW..

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back