Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is this what buying a car is like these days?!

I suspect if you ever get a 5BW you’ll want to keep it more than several years. If you go to Spring Mountain or some other track you’ll understand why. If you get the 6-spd you’ll see why. I would not be taking the car on a road trip with the family unless they have strong immunity to motion sickness. Plan some twisty road trips by yourself. This car is really way too much for the street.

I'm getting the stick and going to Spring Mountain. I suspect that I will want to keep it. But it will depend on a lot of factors mostly whether I have free time and money to have such an expensive hobby :) For road trip purposes, I appreciate bigger engine vehicles in general for cruising at highway speeds, especially if there's some elevation change. I owned one Cadillac ('97 Seville STS, owned 2010-2018) and my dad has gone through a couple late 80s Sevilles since I was a kid. I've found them all very nice for a road trip. And this car's only downside from what I've seen, the lack of range, won't annoy me when I'm already annoyed by the less efficient travel style of my passengers. (I prefer to go 6 hours at a time arriving at stops with an empty tank and stomach and a full bladder. I'm told children do not travel in this manner.)

If you really want one, read through these forums to get a better understanding of how the buying process works. The most important thing IMO is putting in the effort to develop a relationship with the sales manager and frontline sales person. That means regular face-to-face meetings. Now there are exceptions to that and some people just get lucky or already have a relationship with a dealer. Luck isn’t a bad thing, but for every luck story there are far more failure stories that we never hear about.

I've been reading every a bunch. Learning a lot! Let me know if there are any threads you suggest. Very much appreciate everyone's help. I didn't expect to have to "work" (i.e. phone calls and meetings) to buy a luxury car. I was looking forward to that part. I thought it was just an exercise in patience and waiting my turn.

I'm getting the stick and going to Spring Mountain. I suspect that I will want to keep it. But it will depend on a lot of factors mostly whether I have free time and money to have such an expensive hobby :) For road trip purposes, I appreciate bigger engine vehicles in general for cruising at highway speeds, especially if there's some elevation change. I owned one Cadillac ('97 Seville STS, owned 2010-2018) and my dad has gone through a couple late 80s Sevilles since I was a kid. I've found them all very nice for a road trip. And this car's only downside from what I've seen, the lack of range, won't annoy me when I'm already annoyed by the less efficient travel style of my passengers. (I prefer to go 6 hours at a time arriving at stops with an empty tank and stomach and a full bladder. I'm told children do not travel in this manner.)

I've been reading every a bunch. Learning a lot! Let me know if there are any threads you suggest. Very much appreciate everyone's help. I didn't expect to have to "work" (i.e. phone calls and meetings) to buy a luxury car. I was looking forward to that part. I thought it was just an exercise in patience and waiting my turn.
With low volume production and the gushing response from media reviewers, the roles are reversed and you are now the salesman trying to close the deal on why you should be the owner of a 5BW. The waitlist may not be what you think it is with some dealers. The ones with ADM may bump someone up the list that pays more. The sales manager’s friend or customer that bought 4 cars in the last 5 years may jump ahead of you. If it helps motivate you pretend the car is the hot girl you want that 10 guys are chasing. Will you sit around waiting for her to make the moves?

Bomnin Cadlliac in South FL is high volume and they actually give discounts & never charger over MSRP!

ELCO Cadillac in Missouri I think is pretty high volume they have 4 CT4 BWs on the show room floor now for sale, might be worth a call to Dan Koopman and find out how long their waitlist is for a CT5BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back