Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Red pill or blue pill?

CT5-V Model
How can you deny the red pill…

But in all seriousness, I couldn’t make the leap for that amount of money just for a color change. I do love my RR color (besides the horrible GM paint).

View attachment 23279

That’s a good picture. I’ve found that it is hard to capture the true look of the RR in photos. From certain angles and sun conditions it almost appears to glow from the inside. In other lighting it looks like almost flat maroon to me.

The color was one thing that was non-negotiable on my 5BW, along with 6M and no sunroof. I fell into my deal when a show car unexpectedly was offered to my dealer. Got what I wanted the first try. Sounds like the OP will never come to terms with accepting the blue and will open the wallet again.

Completely silly to spend that much money to change colors. But I picked red to start….
IMG_3569.jpeg

This is my first car with a front camera and it works great when parking and shows the front splitter very nicely.

Unfortunately the CT4 doesn’t have a front camera. I will say the front parking sensors are better than I thought at sniffing out curbs but they are far from foolproof for that purpose.

Keep the blue car and get it custom painted. Check out House of Kolor. Candy brandywine over a bright silver base is stunning.

Now that you know how much you "saved", it'll be a true one-of-a-kind, and you can feel like you got it at a "discount".

Funny that it's the wife's car though. Most posts are by men, so it was an easy assumption to make. But equal opportunity car enthusiasm is great !

Custom paint done right, would be well over the 26K mark….then again Earl Shiab paint job is pretty cheap.

Update:
Wonderland won out.... red pill it is.
I managed to get multiple appraisals from online purchasers and unfortunately for me, the market values have dropped at this time.
Vroom: $70k
CarMax: $72k
Algo: $79k
Carvana: promised an appraisal in 3-5 business days.... 1.5 weeks later nothing
KBB: inflated valuation of $95k but no hard offers

While it is clear that selling this car directly to the public would easily fetch a price in the low $90's, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and headaches to hopefully make a few grand. The dealership in the end did bump the trade in to $83k so with the tax savings it still cost me about $25k. I rationalized this by reminding myself that there is a $7k difference in sticker price (2024 has a few more upgrades) and obvious depreciation.

The positive is that I am MUCH happier with the look of the red car which is exactly what I ordered (which is what my husband pointed out... he was not much help making the decision as he felt the same way I did). I decided to go with what makes me happy and I can afford the financial hit.

Took delivery yesterday but noticed that this CT5 BW (2024) is a bit different compared to the 2023, especially the gas pedal feels a bit more subdued and the clutch is a bit 'softer'..... over all less race-car feeling. Perhaps it is the driving mode (but I usually had the 2023 in touring mode), have not had time to play with it yet but husband agrees with me. The dashboard is a bit different as well but again, need to play around with this. Also while at the dealership the check engine warning light (yellow) came on (does this have anything to do with the different driving feeling?). Of course this happens on a Saturday evening but thankfully the salesperson was still there and witnessed it (light did not come back on after car was turned off for about 30 minutes). So this Tuesday the car will be going back to the dealership to be checked out. Hopefully it will not be another future thread on this forum.

@Boohorn ...HUGE congrats to you!! Welcome to the Infrared/Radiant Red Club. Yes, it's a lot of money, but as long as you're happy. I'm sorry for your issues with the check engine light. Changing drive mode shouldn't cause a CEL. Drive modes change exhaust, steering, braking, etc. That could account for some "difference" in feel. I thought the car was crazy in general, then I drove it in track mode. It's even more bonkers.

Post pix when you can, and congrats again!

Response:
I don't hate the blue color, I just like the red color more which is why I ordered that color to begin with. I agree, it is not financially wise to spend another $27k just to switch colors. There is the fact that it is a 2023 vs 2024 but that is probably not a huge issue.

Here are 2 major points that are being missed:
1. How the value has depreciated as far as trade in despite current market value.
2. There is a CT5 Blackwing up for grabs if someone is interested (at MSRP or lower depending).

Finally, the wife (who happens to be me) likes the red better. Not everyone on this forum is a dude. Just saying.
Photos of cars attached.
@Boohorn,

Boy oh boy, am I late to this party. Out of curiosity, was that car at Voss Cadillac near Dayton, Ohio? That was about the time I bought my Summit White one in Montgomery (Cincinnati), Ohio. Coughlin Cadillac in Circleville had one on order for me for over 16 months. On Tuesday evening December 19th, the general manager told me about a red 5BW at Voss and a white 5BW in Montgomery, which I purchased the next day.

Anyways, I too wanted the red one, but got tired of playing the waiting game. Not that I settled, I love my Summit White one. Honestly I probably would have bought any color but black or cyber yellow, as long as it checked off all the boxes. I know that this is going to sound trivial, but the red one at Voss Cadillac had the suede wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob. Believe it or not, that was the deal breaker. Otherwise it was almost my perfect build, so I would have tried to buy it. I've had a suede wrapped steering wheel on my 2019 Shelby GT350 and did not care for it. I had to wear driving gloves, which was a hassle to me.

Whoever bought it, has a beautiful Blackwing. It's no longer listed on their website.

Edit: I just now finished reading that you came to terms with your decision. Would still like to know if you purchased it at Voss Cadillac.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners