Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Soooo, after much thought, I went and got a Stinger GT2 yesterday lol. Just got tired of waiting for a car, and wanted something with lots of tech, that was still somewhat fun to drive. Guessing I'll probably not take ownership of the 4BW when it comes in, and will just wait for my allocation of a 2023 C8. I'm honestly kind of happy with the decision as I freed up about $25k worth of funds, but it is definitely sad to walk away from the BW.

As such, Rob...you can go ahead and remove my order from the tracker if you want. :cry:
Sorry to see you go, but a Stinger over a G70? You're full of bad decisions!

The value case for PPF film is you spend the cost upfront instead of repainting the bumper down the line. That way at the very least you keep the OEM paint in perfect condition(barring some debris actually punching through the thick PPF), and at most it deflects and prevents rock chips, and helps keep the car looking pristine.
I guess it depends where you live and if the car is only driven occasionally for pleasure and not a DD. When I lived in LA many moons ago my S4 was hit twice on the front end while it was parked. The 2nd time the fender was replaced. I suppose if insurance covers the film, not sure about that since I haven’t asked?

I guess it depends where you live and if the car is only driven occasionally for pleasure and not a DD. When I lived in LA many moons ago my S4 was hit twice on the front end while it was parked. The 2nd time the fender was replaced. I suppose if insurance covers the film, not sure about that since I haven’t asked?
You always roll the dice if you add any kind of mods to your car without telling the insurance company if time comes you need to use your coverage. They'll cover it if you tell them specifically what you've done and that you want to be compensated in an accident, which may or may not raise your rates. If you can catch the party responsible for hitting your car, then it's an easy case to get that covered.

Soooo, after much thought, I went and got a Stinger GT2 yesterday lol. Just got tired of waiting for a car, and wanted something with lots of tech, that was still somewhat fun to drive. Guessing I'll probably not take ownership of the 4BW when it comes in, and will just wait for my allocation of a 2023 C8. I'm honestly kind of happy with the decision as I freed up about $25k worth of funds, but it is definitely sad to walk away from the BW.

As such, Rob...you can go ahead and remove my order from the tracker if you want. :cry:
Congrats! Post some pics here:

Sorry to see you go, but a Stinger over a G70? You're full of bad decisions!
Yea, not a fan of the G70 tbh. Don't like the way it looks and not a fan of the G70 as a Genesis product. Love the GV's and the higher tier cars, but the G70 just seems half-baked.

You always roll the dice if you add any kind of mods to your car without telling the insurance company if time comes you need to use your coverage. They'll cover it if you tell them specifically what you've done and that you want to be compensated in an accident, which may or may not raise your rates. If you can catch the party responsible for hitting your car, then it's an easy case to get that covered.
I’ve been down this road many times. The short answer is it varies dramatically with state. It doesn’t help in my situation in Arizona unless I get collectors insurance which has too many stipulations to be practical. As always with mods, you gotta pay to play.

I probably wouldn’t keep the car more than 8-10 years and any mods don’t do anything to add resale value. So it’s really just a question of how I want the car to look and if chips bother me. So far in my experience only the first few bother me, then I forget about it. It’s like the first time a new Jeep gets desert pinstripes, heart sinks. But once the cherry gets popped it's a free-for-all.

I’ve been down this road many times. The short answer is it varies dramatically with state. It doesn’t help in my situation in Arizona unless I get collectors insurance which has too many stipulations to be practical. As always with mods, you gotta pay to play.

I probably wouldn’t keep the car more than 8-10 years and any mods don’t do anything to add resale value. So it’s really just a question of how I want the car to look and if chips bother me. So far in my experience only the first few bother me, then I forget about it. It’s like the first time a new Jeep gets desert pinstripes, heart sinks. But once the cherry gets popped it's a free-for-all.
I meant any kinds of mods, including PPF. I'd say not only may it be state specific, but company-specific also. There's some companies out there who will squeeze a penny out of a rock if they could, and there's some that don't. After many years of being a customer of Allstate and turned off by the way I was treated when I actually needed a repair due to theft, I asked a friend in the body shop industry for recommendations on insurance companies according to how easy they were to deal with in approving repairs, and I switched shortly after. It's a couple hundred dollars more annually, but I want a company who's on my side when I need them.

Last edited:
I meant any kinds of mods, including PPF. I'd say not only may it be state specific, but company-specific also. There's some companies out there who will squeeze a penny out of a rock if they could, and there's some that don't. After many years of being a customer of Allstate and turned off by the way I was treated when I actually needed a repair due to theft, I asked a friend in the body shop industry for recommendations on insurance companies according to how easy they were to deal with in approving repairs, and I switched shortly after. It's a couple hundred dollars more annually, but I want a company who's on my side when I need them.
So, who did you switch to?

I wasn't talking specifically about PPF either since I've never done it or had to deal with insurance on it. I also was not referring to customer service, but instead what insurance products are available. Insurance companies operate as separate entities in each state since each state has different laws and regulations regarding insurance. All insurance companies in that state must abide by those laws. In some states it's relatively easy to get "stated value" policies and in other states it's impossible unless going through a company like Hagerty. But in that case the car needs to get an appraisal and mods generally are not worth as much as people would think they are.

I look at mods from the perspective of how much would they be worth if I tried to sell the car. And generally not much and not worth the added cost of trying to insure. But I get that people look at this differently, so to each his own. I have USAA for my house and vehicles and have had nothing but good claims experiences with them.

The goats are on a time machine. Cadillac chat tells me "you have a Target Production Week of (01/24/2022)". Or maybe I already took delivery, I just don't know it yet.
Goat Bleating GIF

I wasn't talking specifically about PPF either since I've never done it or had to deal with insurance on it. I also was not referring to customer service, but instead what insurance products are available. Insurance companies operate as separate entities in each state since each state has different laws and regulations regarding insurance. All insurance companies in that state must abide by those laws. In some states it's relatively easy to get "stated value" policies and in other states it's impossible unless going through a company like Hagerty. But in that case the car needs to get an appraisal and mods generally are not worth as much as people would think they are.

I look at mods from the perspective of how much would they be worth if I tried to sell the car. And generally not much and not worth the added cost of trying to insure. But I get that people look at this differently, so to each his own. I have USAA for my house and vehicles and have had nothing but good claims experiences with them.
You won't directly get back what you paid for in PPF, only in that it's kept the portion covered in pristine condition, you'll get a higher resale value in that way. And I don't think USAA can be beat in anything if you can get them.

So. I called Cadillac customer service. They kindly told me my car was waiting on a microchip and final inspection. I told her that while I understand there is a global shortage, it does not explain why other cars built after mine (basically any after January 20th) are being delivered. Apparently she has some sort of escalation/research path she can look into to find out more and is calling me back by EOD tomorrow. 🤷‍♀️

Talking to someone was IMMENSELY more helpful than the text function.

So. I called Cadillac customer service. They kindly told me my car was waiting on a microchip and final inspection. I told her that while I understand there is a global shortage, it does not explain why other cars built after mine (basically any after January 20th) are being delivered. Apparently she has some sort of escalation/research path she can look into to find out more and is calling me back by EOD tomorrow. 🤷‍♀️

I have a feeling they have some of these chips and are installing them in new cars on the line because its easier than going to the lot and installing them. I sure hope its not the case, because its terrible way to treat customers, but I have a feeling its what might be happening. I doubt they will admit it though.

I hope that your call will raise awareness of your "lost car" and that someone will get the ball rolling on your vehicle - and the others in that same batch. It sure feels like those January cars are somehow off the radar screens and they need to get back into the rollout process. You might also try calling Stefan Cross - Assistant Manager, Cadillac Communications (Sedans) *** DELETED *** - Rob He was very helpful when the original lottery was kicked off. He knew who to contact for all our questions. I'm rooting for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling they have some of these chips and are installing them in new cars on the line because its easier than going to the lot and installing them. I sure hope its not the case, because its terrible way to treat customers, but I have a feeling its what might be happening. I doubt they will admit it though.
I agree with that assessment. I wish there was some "higher power" I could escalate this to but I am afraid they are unreachable.

My dealer told me TPW of 5/9 today
Chat says 3000 with no TPW also today
Rob’s tracker has me with TPW of 5/23
I guess only the goats know for sure.

Also, I heard from another dealer part of the delay in built cars is wheel well liners of all things.

Well boys and girls, new week with the same goat rodeo! Hopefully a few goats get released this week! But don’t hold your breath! Lol

I hope that your call will raise awareness of your "lost car" and that someone will get the ball rolling on your vehicle - and the others in that same batch. It sure feels like those January cars are somehow off the radar screens and they need to get back into the rollout process. You might also try calling Stefan Cross - Assistant Manager, Cadillac Communications. He was very helpful when the original lottery was kicked off. He knew who to contact for all our questions. I'm rooting for you!
I didn't want to wait. Emailed Stefan.

For everyone's awareness - he moved on to Buick. But did "forward my email to a few members of Executive Customer Care and Marketing"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!