Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Strap yourselves in boys, looks we got another "checked splitter box" situation to keep us occupied while we all thumb ourselves in our ass waiting for our cars
I heard about a box to check for protective film to be applied before going to the parking field. Going to call my dealer and look into it.

Curious about the film put on the cars. So my Blackwing has been sitting out in a lot in Lansing presumably starting shortly after it was built, January 6. Does film go on before it goes to the lot? After it goes to the lot? Do they wash it before putting the film on? How do they wash it? Do they put the film right over the accumulated grit? (given their logistics incompetence this wouldn't surprise me). Interesting to ponder these questions.
I actually don’t know the answer to any of those. Sorry.

I would assume it’s put on soon after the build is completed as is not really dirty under the film….

There might not be any BWs in that picture, either. Really, all speculation at this point. I can't see them spending more time and money to wash a car that was already clean when it went through final inspection. I would think the protection would be put on after that step.
I think the cars with big sunroofs are Cadillacs...the rest Camaros. Not sure if any are Blackwings as I can't even tell a Blackwing apart from a regular CT5 on the street anyway.

Strap yourselves in boys, looks we got another "checked splitter box" situation to keep us occupied while we all thumb ourselves in our ass waiting for our cars
What we should really be talking about is how they park those cars on the factory lot with the left side tires perfectly on the line. Convincing the general public that this should be the way to park will go the way of the zipper merge, or the left lane is only for passing.

I saw a nice CT5 in the parking deck today...I think the easiest way (assuming the wheels are straight) is to look for the red line on the steering wheel.
Just look for the vents behind the front wheels.

They definitely wash the cars again right before transport because mine was too clean for a car that sat for 2 months. I had the dealer not touch anything when it arrived.

Also they definitely place the film right before it gets shipped because my film had a sticker on it of when they applied it and when it must be removed, and it was only applied a few days before it arrived.

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 128
Hi all, anyone know what event code 4D00 is with an EDD date of 5/27? My apologies if someone has already asked this.

They definitely wash the cars again right before transport because mine was too clean for a car that sat for 2 months. I had the dealer not touch anything when it arrived.

Also they definitely place the film right before it gets shipped because my film had a sticker on it of when they applied it and when it must be removed, and it was only applied a few days before it arrived.
If this isn't an exception rather than the rule, along with earlier images of cars sitting outside without protection, then that means they really are sitting outside exposed to all kinds of contamination from the environment.

So much for me potentially using it as protection for the drive home. I'll have to tear it off to check paint condition and re-wrap it in a temporary clear bra or painters tape on the entire front end

If this isn't an exception rather than the rule, along with earlier images of cars sitting outside without protection, then that means they really are sitting outside exposed to all kinds of contamination from the environment.

So much for me potentially using it as protection for the drive home. I'll have to tear it off to check paint condition and re-wrap it in a temporary 5clear bra or painters tape on the entire front end
I said I was 90% sure man.....lol

I bet they run em through a automatic wash before they wrap em to.......that ought to make everyone feel better....lol

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone feels better about the car they ordered sitting in Michigan during the winter and spring. I don’t. I think it’s a mistake by the car manufacturers and the fact that they just use a revolving list of excuses is bad management. I believe the car dealers are affected by this as well. Maybe not all the same depending on how many units they push through in a month. I know my salesman wants the car to get there so that he can get paid.

I was fortunate to be offered a c8 that had sat for a few months in 2021 while my order hadn’t been accepted yet. I went and looked at it and the paint appeared to me like a 3’year old car that didn’t live in a garage. I understand first world problems but this is getting ridiculous.

One of the advantages of getting older I suppose. I can’t tell if my paint is damaged or my sound system is any good. Saves me a lot of money and worry.

Occasionally I’m out of town on business in LA for 6 to 8 weeks and take my AMG instead of flying and a rental car. I’d rather enjoy my car than drive some crappy rental. I bought it to drive it, not look at it. My hotel is close to a light rail line and my work close to a freight train track. Rail dust can do a real number on a paint job if not cleaned off pretty quickly, so I take my car to the car wash once a week. Better that than letting the dirt and grime stay on.

But leaving a car outside for 4 months for no good reason and not washing it is something I would not do. No one knows the environmental conditions that may exists near the auto factory.

I’ve never considered a protective film before I joined this forum. I do have some pretty good rock chips on my AMG bumper and a small one on the bonnet. The film would have probably prevented that. My mind is still undecided for my next car, although I believe I will do ceramic. Maybe film on the front only.

Soooo, after much thought, I went and got a Stinger GT2 yesterday lol. Just got tired of waiting for a car, and wanted something with lots of tech, that was still somewhat fun to drive. Guessing I'll probably not take ownership of the 4BW when it comes in, and will just wait for my allocation of a 2023 C8. I'm honestly kind of happy with the decision as I freed up about $25k worth of funds, but it is definitely sad to walk away from the BW.

As such, Rob...you can go ahead and remove my order from the tracker if you want. :cry:

One of the advantages of getting older I suppose. I can’t tell if my paint is damaged or my sound system is any good. Saves me a lot of money and worry.

Occasionally I’m out of town on business in LA for 6 to 8 weeks and take my AMG instead of flying and a rental car. I’d rather enjoy my car than drive some crappy rental. I bought it to drive it, not look at it. My hotel is close to a light rail line and my work close to a freight train track. Rail dust can do a real number on a paint job if not cleaned off pretty quickly, so I take my car to the car wash once a week. Better that than letting the dirt and grime stay on.

But leaving a car outside for 4 months for no good reason and not washing it is something I would not do. No one knows the environmental conditions that may exists near the auto factory.

I’ve never considered a protective film before I joined this forum. I do have some pretty good rock chips on my AMG bumper and a small one on the bonnet. The film would have probably prevented that. My mind is still undecided for my next car, although I believe I will do ceramic. Maybe film on the front only.
The value case for PPF film is you spend the cost upfront instead of repainting the bumper down the line. That way at the very least you keep the OEM paint in perfect condition(barring some debris actually punching through the thick PPF), and at most it deflects and prevents rock chips, and helps keep the car looking pristine.

For those who don’t want to wait, this CT5 BW is available for sale. They are asking 15k over which I think is BS but you still give them a offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop