Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

As a temporary fix.................

Snowwolfe

Seasoned Member
I accepted the fact my Blackwing will most likely not be built until the end of 22. Hope I am wrong but we never know.
In the mean time wanted something a little more sportier than my Jeep.
Wife has a difficult time getting inside the Wrangler since her recent surgery and it’s a high step up or down for me. We both decided it was time for a midsize car. For me to enjoy driving it has to be sporty and comfortable.
Searched for a 22 GTI then a Genesis G70 with the V6. Couldn’t find either without paying ADM and I vowed long ago to never do that.
Found a decent deal on a 2022 V6 Camry XSE. Put a deposit on it and it is expected first week of February. Paid msrp for it plus a reasonable doc fee. Dealer gave me more for my Jeep Wrangler than what I paid for it. Light silver with black interior. Roof is two tone black. My guess is I can sell or trade the Camry for what I paid if Blackwing is built later this year. Since the Jeep was worth more than the Camry no sales tax had to be paid.
I’ll miss the agility the 2 door Wrangler. But at almost 69 the comfort of the Camry will be a more comfortable fit. We still have a Denali PU and her Expedition for other tasks.
Cheers

So you are no longer pulling the plug in April if you don't have a build date? I think that is a good decision. No reason to cancel now as you can always do that later if your needs change or the timing does not work.

Correct. I now plan on waiting till end of the year before giving up.
I have no intention to ever pull my name back, but I do hope I get a car by mid 2022. I also placed mine on deposit in September, so we are in a similar boat. I have toiled with a manual CT4-V BW as a 2nd choice, but I really want the V8, and have other preferences towards the 5 as well.

It's natural to think "what else can I buy", but I don't arrive at any conclusions I like nearly as much as a 5BW 6MT. 2022 Shelby GT500, damn nice looking car, but still auto. I think the M4 manual coupe is nice, never owned a BMW but if I get totally skunked on a Blackwing I might go that route. Oh well, in the meantime I just ordered some new speakers so that will keep me occupied for a while :cool:

I share your frustration. When I placed my order back in August I was hoping that at worse I should have the car by Jan 2022 but considering that it has not even progressed beyond 1100 and there is absolutely no indication when it will be available, I'm jumping ship for now. Looked at different options and finally decided to put down deposit on one of the final Durango Hellcats off the assembly line. It's already built and shipped so I am excepting it to be here by end of month at the latest.

I'm keeping the CT5-BW order for now as I figured that if Mopar didn't work for me I can easily sell it for what I paid for it (if not more) and get the CT5-BW.

If a killer deal (below msrp) on a new M5 or RS7 appeared I would jump ship. But the chance of that happening is basically nil.
Yeah, that’s what I did. I placed my BW order last March and saw the (potential) writing on the wall by July. I was able to snag an allocation for an M5 at my local dealer and was able to negotiate a little bit off MSRP. I placed the M5 order at the end of July and the car is at the port now on a stop sale waiting for a part (things are tough all over).

I really wanted the Blackwing but I never owned a BMW so why not try something different. Besides, unlike my local Cadillac dealer, the BMW store went out of their way on more than one occasion to earn my business. Something I’m still waiting for the Cadillac dealer to do.

Of course this could all change if my number gets called before I take delivery of the M 🙂

Agree to all of the above!!! Placed my order in August. Here we sit. I'm giving serious thought to picking up a 4BW as a DD and also with the thought if production should stop, at least I have a Blackwing.

As to the Camry. It'll last forever and hold value. Honestly, with the quality, if they would do AWD and bump the HP to 350-400 with the V6 (in XSE or TRD trim), you could almost twist my arm.

just so you guys are all aware here has been my timeline.....

Feb 1st- missed the first 250 cut
Feb 1st- signed up on the "waiting list" via Cadillac website
Feb 2nd- went to local Cadillac dealer and got placed on their list (chose to give them a $1000 deposit)
Feb 20th- configured the build with salesman
Feb 21st- build submitted by dealership
Aug 20th- build accepted no TPW given
Sep 10th- TPW set for 9/27
Sep 18th- TPW pushed back to 12/6
Oct 4th- TPW moved back to 10/18
Oct 11th- TPW moved to 11/29
Nov 1st- TPW moved to 11/15
Nov 15th- no movement and no word on build
Dec 7th- First notification via reaching out to Cadillac Concierge car was built 12/6 with EDD 1/2/22
Jan 2nd- no delivery
Jan 10th- car is "on hold" and I have no clue when it'll show up

This is a shit show for every one but your car will get built and arrive.....eventually.

Think I got all bases covered now. Yesterday put a refundable deposit on a 22 Golf R, blue, auto, but if a M6 shows up in the same color will take it. Always wanted to try a small hatchback and with 315 hp all AWD this thing could be a blast. #5 on the dealers list so it may or may not happen soon. Another unanswered question.
Wife thinks I'm crazy and some truth to that. My line of thinking is whatever car bought in these crazy time at MSRP I'll be able to trade with very little loss, if any, during the first year of ownership. So might as well try a few till the Blackwing arrives.
Judging from all the people who ordered long before me doubt my Blackwing arrives before Sept 22.

Last edited:
My TPW is next week, but looking at your experience have some doubts. If for some reason the BW doesn't happen, I'd likely buy a 2014 STI hatchback without a motor and make it a spring project.

Good Luck.

I traded my 2020 Cadillac CT5-V and got what I paid for it 18 months ago...... Winning!!
My son's 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude got broadsided in Nov. Insurance totaled it. When we bought it new in Sept 2019 and paid $6000 under sticker for it. Since insurance payouts are based on existing similar car sales with 100 mile radius, insurance adjuster came back with an estimate that gave us $4000 over what we paid. Car had 24k miles on it. That was a win and also pretty insane at the same time.

And so he used the payout to buy his dream car -- a 2015 SS. Automatic trans (sorry, this is Long Island, NY) Got it from Carvana with 5,100 miles on it plus aftermarket cat-back and Holden badges in place of the bowties to boot. It was a top end of the price range given the mileage. but it had a clean history and was essentially still in show room condition. It's an awesome ride.

1642184939655.png

My son's 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude got broadsided in Nov. Insurance totaled it. When we bought it new in Sept 2019 and paid $6000 under sticker for it. Since insurance payouts are based on existing similar car sales with 100 mile radius, insurance adjuster came back with an estimate that gave us $4000 over what we paid. Car had 24k miles on it. That was a win and also pretty insane at the same time.

And so he used the payout to buy his dream car -- a 2015 SS. Automatic trans (sorry, this is Long Island, NY) Got it from Carvana with 5,100 miles on it plus aftermarket cat-back and Holden badges in place of the bowties to boot. It was a top end of the price range given the mileage. but it had a clean history and was essentially still in show room condition. It's an awesome ride.

View attachment 6520
The SS sedans are bringing crazy money!! He will enjoy the car for sure..

God help him!!! I dumped an insane amount of cash in my SS...... It was fun before I went full tilt stupid on it and then it was hard to drive on the street.....View attachment 6523
Nice.

I keep his enthusiasm tempered by reminding him that even though insurance paid out nicely for the Jeep, he didn't recoup the cost of his Borla exhaust and his K&N CAI. Both non salvageable due to the accident (which was caused by 82 year old woman who ran a red light and broadsided him).

I had 2 SS(es), a ‘15 auto and a ‘17 manual. If anyone was on the SS FB page a few years ago, my ‘17 was hit by a FedEx truck in front of my house and totaled. July 2018. The insurance payout was more than I paid for it new because I bought it at 10% off.

That led me to a V3 and here I am today.

I had 2 SS(es), a ‘15 auto and a ‘17 manual. If anyone was on the SS FB page a few years ago, my ‘17 was hit by a FedEx truck in front of my house and totaled. July 2018. The insurance payout was more than I paid for it new because I bought it at 10% off.

That led me to a V3 and here I am today.
Dude, that was you? That sucked for sure...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back