Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Agreed. I don't get it at all. The car that I have been waiting for: 460223 has been sitting at 3800 since end of Jan. The dealer site starting showing 'in-transit' cars and I reached out today about switching my claim to one of them if it was available. I guess it had just arrived. The Jack Cooper status above sure doesn't indicate it, but it is on the lot.
Now, I didn't order my dream car like many of you did. I found a car that a dealer had in queue and was scheduled for a 12/13 tpw. I was surprised that the car was still available.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

PLEASE DO NOT CALL YOUR DEALERS AND START YELLING AT THEM THAT YOUR CARS WHICH ARE SOLD, ARE SHOWING UP ON THEIR WEBSITE!

As soon as a car is invoiced by GM, it gets placed in an inventory feed which gets sent to the dealers' websites and shows as an in-transit vehicle...even though your car is sitting in the lot behind the factory.

DEALERS HAVE LITTLE TO NO CONTROL OVER THIS.

Yes, it sucks, it's a pain in the ass, GM knows about it - especially since I've bitched to them for the last two years that I'm getting up at 4am every friggin morning, logging into the back-end of a dealer website and manually making sold order Corvettes "unmarketable" so they fall off the website.

Dealership websites run off of a series of feeds - coming from GM, going to the dealer's website provider, and then feeds going out to 3rd party vendors such as Cars.com, CarGurus.com, AutoTrader.com and all of the others.

The reason why I can go into my dealer's website is because I have almost as much access as the website provider's tech support team and I have an IT background. While it isn't necessarily a difficult task to do, since GM's feed runs multiple times per day around the clock, it makes it damn near impossible to catch sold order cars showing up on a website at any given time.

Now, even though I can pull sold order Corvettes off a dealer website within five minutes - if I don't catch them in time, feeds go out to the third party vendors - and most of those only update once every 24 hours.

THIS is why your cars still show 3800, but they show as "in-transit" on your dealer's website.

Now...dealers can disable "in-transit" vehicles from showing on their websites all together - BUT - it's literally a light switch for all the lights and it's only on, or off. In other words - I can't go into the system, and only prevent sold-order Corvettes from showing on the site. I would have to turn all in-transit vehicles off - which means, Silverados, Colorados - and the rest of the Chevrolet lineup. I'm sure you can understand why this would not be beneficial to a dealership - especially when customers are looking for incoming Silverado inventory which is GM's bread and butter - and usually a Chevy dealer's bread and butter.

Yes - it sucks, and it's a shitty system - but again - DO NOT CALL YOUR DEALERS OR SALES PEOPLE AND START YELLING AT THEM THAT YOUR CAR SHOWS AS IN-TRANSIT ON THEIR WEBSITE!

Agreed. I don't get it at all. The car that I have been waiting for: 460223 has been sitting at 3800 since end of Jan. The dealer site starting showing 'in-transit' cars and I reached out today about switching my claim to one of them if it was available. I guess it had just arrived. The Jack Cooper status above sure doesn't indicate it, but it is on the lot.
Now, I didn't order my dream car like many of you did. I found a car that a dealer had in queue and was scheduled for a 12/13 tpw. I was surprised that the car was still available.
There is no rhyme or reason. My car has been sitting built in lansing since 11/30. The jack cooper status showed picked the entire time. Some guy spotted a truck in Indiana and I saw my car on it. My dealer said not possible based off their tracker and what do ya know…I was right and it showed up two days later which was last Saturday. Don’t pay any attention to the tracking. It’s not accurate at all

There is no rhyme or reason. My car has been sitting built in lansing since 11/30. The jack cooper status showed picked the entire time. Some guy spotted a truck in Indiana and I saw my car on it. My dealer said not possible based off their tracker and what do ya know…I was right and it showed up two days later which was last Saturday. Don’t pay any attention to the tracking. It’s not accurate at all
And how many times have I been saying this?

You have a better chance at hiring the kid who's a hacker tracking Elon Musk's satellites, to track your Blackwings. 🤣

Rob, can you send me a link to this hacker that tracks Blackwings? Or, are you tracking Musk satellites? I'm confused.

🤣. I'm good, but I'm not that good

And how many times have I been saying this?

You have a better chance at hiring the kid who's a hacker tracking Elon Musk's satellites, to track your Blackwings. 🤣
I’ll give ya that lol!

id expect some form of communication from my sales rep after 6months... a hey there how are you, i know this is dragging we're still waiting for any info... something along those lines... obviously we all understand the state of the market, but 120k car w a 5k deposit and zero communication 'because of the world we live in" is reasonable to you? its not to me rob, thats not how i do business... i dont expect them to make smthn appear that they cant, but a bit of communication is not unreasonable... ive been more than patient, ive reached out to the dealer twice in 6months... theyve reached out to me a total of ZERO times...
if you think my expectation of some form of communication is asking a lot, i dont know what to tell you, i stand by how i feel... like i said, i didnt put 100usd place holder down, put down 5k... its no big deal, but i expect something in 6months time in the form of communication
I feel you brother. In 6 + months I've reached out 3 times to my sales guys, not once has this fukface said anything, not even a "hey still keeping an eye on things, etc". He gives me some BS 1 line response; he's lucky they're 3 hours away from me, trust me, real lucky. I've run a business for 25+ years and have dealt with some real BS over the years, however I would never treat customers like door mats. No excuse at all for not taking the time and sending a 30 second email or placing a 60 second phone call to the customer who keeps their lights on. We all realize the world we live in!

Looks like my order was accepted on Friday....how long is the "goat rodeo" till 3800 😁? I know it's uncertain beyond that
Depends on what your actual current event code is (or what you really mean by "accepted"). There are still several steps to go to get to 3800. Your dealer should eventually be able to provide you with a TPW.

I was able to capture a glimpse of goat purgatory :chuckle

clever goat GIF
I got the call!!! Nearly 9 months but my dealer finally got an allocation and I was #1 on their list. Now, can someone tell me exactly when I will get my 5BW? Just kidding :)
I know I am now entering the world of the Goat Rodeo but it sure feels great leaving 1100 Goat purgatory.
1647097585294.png

Don't have an estimated build date yet so I assume my official status hasn't changed. The dealer says they should have that sometime next week.
FYI - My dealer, Lockhart Cadillac in Indianapolis and my sale guy have been great. MSRP all the way.
The journey continues but it was exciting news!

Holy cow, it's getting worse now than it did 6 months ago!!! #firstworldproblems #takeabreakandhaveadrink Guys, you will get your cars and in the end this will be funny, and some of you guys just chose shitty dealers, but take a deep breath and sit back for a few mins!

I got the call!!! Nearly 9 months but my dealer finally got an allocation and I was #1 on their list. Now, can someone tell me exactly when I will get my 5BW? Just kidding :)
I know I am now entering the world of the Goat Rodeo but it sure feels great leaving 1100 Goat purgatory.
View attachment 7578
Don't have an estimated build date yet so I assume my official status hasn't changed. The dealer says they should have that sometime next week.
FYI - My dealer, Lockhart Cadillac in Indianapolis and my sale guy have been great. MSRP all the way.
The journey continues but it was exciting news!
You'll be making use of those antlers for a while 🤣

I mean it is kind of goofy, I am sure they have their reasons for doing it this way, but you shouldn't be punished by what dealer you select. When your dealer puts in an order for a car it should put you into the end of the queue with manufacturer, not the dealer, and as cars get made you move up. When you get within top 10 (or whatever number) if anything you ordered is on constraint you should be contacted by dealer or manufacturer and they let you know, if you decide not to change your order you will then be put at the end of different "constrained queue".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!