Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Goat rodeo continues to entertain. It has been a couple of months since I tried Cadillac chat. They tell me today I am 3400 with a 1/24 TPW. Yes, 1/24 - they assured me not a mistake. Rob's tracker seems far more credible as always. [Edit: contacted the dealer, and this was a change from today, so maybe just a quirk in the system that my old TPW was revived and I am actually back at 3400]

Last edited:
I think all cars before mine, 86-329 have been delivered. At this point, I suspect the dealer has it and is delaying letting me know so it can sit on their website and solicit more calls.

Should I make an unexpected visit to the dealer to keep them honest.. Or is that too obsessive?
ummm id be kicking in the door taking the keys and driving the car out of the showroom if that were the case

So...where do I begin here...

What is it that you are expecting your dealer to tell you? Your car is sitting at 1100...the order has been placed, but not accepted by GM yet. There's really no point in constantly telling the customer, every other day, or every week, "sorry, you're still sitting at 1100..." They're only going to reach out to you either when the order is accepted, and maybe as it goes through the various stages of production, or they may not reach out to you until the car is actually built and invoiced.

There are people waiting nearly a year for their 2022 Corvettes to get built...and most dealers aren't going to reach out to the customer unless there's news to report back to the customer. Imagine the frustration of those customers that placed Corvette orders 8 - 10 months ago...and...their orders are suddenly ready to be placed with allocation and then the dealership calls and tells you "sorry, you'll have to delete the carbon fiber ground effects package and Magnetic Selective Ride Control from your order because both options are now on 0% constraint, and GM won't accept the order unless those options are removed..."

Right now, it's an absolute nightmare for the customers as it is for the dealers...

Now a dealer could build a tracking page for their orders similar to what I built here - and they could automate it to some degree more than I can, BUT, that takes someone with IT/programming experience, which is something most automotive dealerships do not have.

So, it really comes down to a customer's expectations (which in most cases, aren't realistic in today's world), vs what the dealer's expectations are which is reality.

I understand the frustration from the customers' point of view, but based upon my experience on both the dealer and the customer sides, most customers are not patient, don't care nor want to hear about supply chain and production issues and just want their cars and want them now. That's not realistic.

Ordering a car today, be it Cadillac, Corvette, Porsche, BMW, Jeep, etc., is not like going to the grocery store and ordering a 1/2 lb of sliced ham from the deli counter. It just doesn't work that way.
id expect some form of communication from my sales rep after 6months... a hey there how are you, i know this is dragging we're still waiting for any info... something along those lines... obviously we all understand the state of the market, but 120k car w a 5k deposit and zero communication 'because of the world we live in" is reasonable to you? its not to me rob, thats not how i do business... i dont expect them to make smthn appear that they cant, but a bit of communication is not unreasonable... ive been more than patient, ive reached out to the dealer twice in 6months... theyve reached out to me a total of ZERO times...
if you think my expectation of some form of communication is asking a lot, i dont know what to tell you, i stand by how i feel... like i said, i didnt put 100usd place holder down, put down 5k... its no big deal, but i expect something in 6months time in the form of communication

@V_G_M_3pedalonly .........I agree with you. My dealer has never contacted me once since August. It's always me calling, emailing or dropping in. I know nothing has changed in seven months (7 months!!!), but an occasional how's it going, nothing new to report, would be nice. I even told THEM about the CF constraints! Technically, I'm further from getting my car now than I was when I ordered it with the CF constraints. Thanks to this forum, I know more than they do. At one point they told me I'd see my car in Q1. I should have asked which year. I knew that was BS when he said it. I know, they are salesmen, but don't BS me. It's just a sad state of affairs.

I also believe your dealer should at least reach out once every couple months IF they have your money whether it's $500 or $50,000. Working in manufacturing it is insanely rare for a supplier to reach out and let us know anything related to shipping. It's always us having to call them. This happens especially when they are behind original schedule. It sucks that most don't have the balls to call and let us know they're late. As a supplier myself, that is not how we operate. Seems to just be the nature of the beast. Not saying that makes it right. Sorry my .02

They told me I was at 4000 also. I hope it gets delivered within 30 days🤞🏾. Got my financing approval and it’s only good for 30 days. The rates keep going up each month. Was 2.39%, then went 2.44%, now 2.59%.
Are you the one that submitted an order at Sewell and got an allocation in like a month? Did you ever figure out how that happened so quickly?

Are you the one that submitted an order at Sewell and got an allocation in like a month? Did you ever figure out how that happened so quickly?
From what I was told and verified in this forum. GM sweeps through the order banks that dealer submits orders to and they randomly pick up any order that they consider buildable within the current constraints. Apparently this happens with out the dealers even being made aware until some time later. I am sure @Rob could provide insight

From what I was told and verified in this forum. GM sweeps through the order banks that dealer submits orders to and they randomly pick up any order that they consider buildable within the current constraints. Apparently this happens with out the dealers even being made aware until some time later. I am sure @Rob could provide insight
That's awesome. I was thinking something along those lines. I did update my order (and got confirmation) with no constrained options hoping this happens for me, ha.

That's awesome. I was thinking something along those lines. I did update my order (and got confirmation) with no constrained options hoping this happens for me, ha.
It was a surprise to me that’s for sure. I am glad I didn’t order CF 1 & 2, but at the same time I regret that I had to compromise.

WTF. Looks like I may have a 4BW tomorrow. I asked my dealer if I could switch my claim to another vehicle listed as in-transit.. 6MT, technology package, grandpa seats (yay!) from the car I had my name on which is basically the same except for having the climate package vs. tech.
Jack Cooper shows the in-transit car as:

AsnDate = February 7, 2022, 3:41 pm Eastern Time
BayedDate = February 8, 2022, 6:36 pm Eastern Time
DealerName =
DeliveryDate = Null
Description = Pending
Destination = -
DestinationId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
DestinationType =
DispatchedDate = Null
PairedDate = Null
DocumentCount = 0
FreightId = 0452391919
LoadId =
Origin = Grand River GM Plant
OriginId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000​

But I just talked with my salesman and the car is on the lot and is mine if I want it... Woohoo!

WTF. Looks like I may have a 4BW tomorrow. I asked my dealer if I could switch my claim to another vehicle listed as in-transit.. 6MT, technology package, grandpa seats (yay!) from the car I had my name on which is basically the same except for having the climate package vs. tech.

AsnDate = February 7, 2022, 3:41 pm Eastern Time​

BayedDate = February 8, 2022, 6:36 pm Eastern Time​

DealerName =​

DeliveryDate = Null​

Description = Pending​

Destination = -​

DestinationId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000​

DestinationType =​

DispatchedDate = Null​

PairedDate = Null​

DocumentCount = 0​

FreightId = 0452391919​

LoadId =​

Origin = Grand River GM Plant​

But I just talked with my salesman and the car is on the lot and is mine if I want it... Woohoo!
I dont get how there is a list of guys/gals that are waiting for cars and they hv these fkn things on lots and theyre not reaching out to people that have orders not being filled... congrats on finding a ride! Happy for ya

I dont get how there is a list of guys/gals that are waiting for cars and they hv these fkn things on lots and theyre not reaching out to people that have orders not being filled... congrats on finding a ride! Happy for ya
Agreed. I don't get it at all. The car that I have been waiting for: 460223 has been sitting at 3800 since end of Jan. The dealer site starting showing 'in-transit' cars and I reached out today about switching my claim to one of them if it was available. I guess it had just arrived. The Jack Cooper status above sure doesn't indicate it, but it is on the lot.
Now, I didn't order my dream car like many of you did. I found a car that a dealer had in queue and was scheduled for a 12/13 tpw. I was surprised that the car was still available.

AsnDate = February 7, 2022, 3:41 pm Eastern Time​

BayedDate = February 8, 2022, 6:36 pm Eastern Time​

DealerName =​

DeliveryDate = Null​

Description = Pending​

Destination = -​

DestinationId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000​

DestinationType =​

DispatchedDate = Null​

PairedDate = Null​

DocumentCount = 0​

FreightId = 0452391919​

LoadId =​

Origin = Grand River GM Plant​

So, it looks like it took a month from the ASN date to get to the dealer. Maybe that gives some other people a time frame idea and some hope.

I believe it, think about it.. if they sell it to someone on the list, thats one less BW they sell. The built one will be bought by a new customer off the street in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop