Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Not sure if this article was posted anywhere (didn't find in an initial search), but it indicates that the chip shortage is the current cause for delays across the board for all GM vehicles:

Another one from July:

Old news now, but the bigger issue will be when they actually get the parts that they are waiting on they will have to find shippers to transport 95k cars around the country! That seems like a task that could take many more months.

Not sure if this article was posted anywhere (didn't find in an initial search), but it indicates that the chip shortage is the current cause for delays across the board for all GM vehicles:

Another one from July:

Old news now, but the bigger issue will be when they actually get the parts that they are waiting on they will have to find shippers to transport 95k cars around the country! That seems like a task that could take many more months.
Guess it's better than 400k cars/trucks that were reported parked a few months ago. 95K isn't that bad.
Not Bad Nbd GIF by Dayglow

Guess it's better than 400k cars/trucks that were reported parked a few months ago. 95K isn't that bad.
Not Bad Nbd GIF by Dayglow
I think everyone's frustration is...... if you have been building at or slightly below your normal run rate for build shy but can't deliver something like 20% ( conservative SWAG) of the vehicles due to missing parts WHY can't you deliver the cars you have completed in a more timely fashion? There are fewer cars to ship than before so you should be getting them out to dealerships, not having them stolen because they are sitting too long on insufficiently secured lots. Hopefully there is a truck deadheading his way to Charlotte MI as we speak, ready to get 9 kids to their forever homes preferably in South TEXAS.

Just curious as we while away the weeks waiting for delivery. A question for our local dealer experts @Rob and @1StunnaV , when one searches Cadilllac.com Inventory and vehicles are listed as "In Transit", are these vehicles tracking as being actually on a truck in Vinview or is just wishful thinking like the rest of us?

There are currently some 84 2023's Find a 2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing Near Me | Vehicle Locator

and

some 37 2022's

in transit. If they are actually on trucks that's equivalent to a fleet of just 13 carriers worth of 4 Blackwings, assuming that's all they were carrying, which isn't likely. Looking at all the mix of vehicles listed as in transit it would take something like 73 haulers to be currently on the road.

Just curious as we while away the weeks waiting for delivery. A question for our local dealer experts @Rob and @1StunnaV , when one searches Cadilllac.com Inventory and vehicles are listed as "In Transit", are these vehicles tracking as being actually on a truck in Vinview or is just wishful thinking like the rest of us?

There are currently some 84 2023's Find a 2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing Near Me | Vehicle Locator

and

some 37 2022's

in transit. If they are actually on trucks that's equivalent to a fleet of just 13 carriers worth of 4 Blackwings, assuming that's all they were carrying, which isn't likely. Looking at all the mix of vehicles listed as in transit it would take something like 73 haulers to be currently on the road.
I don't know what status code GM sites use to show a vehicle in transit. The vehicle isn't actually moving on a truck or rail car unless it's at 4200 or 4300

I believe that as soon as the vehicle is invoiced, it shows up as in-transit on a dealer's website

and

some 37 2022's

Live footage of Classax
Thinking Math GIF

I don't know what status code GM sites use to show a vehicle in transit. The vehicle isn't actually moving on a truck or rail car unless it's at 4200 or 4300

I believe that as soon as the vehicle is invoiced, it shows up as in-transit on a dealer's website
^^^ This seems to be the most frequently observed behavior. :thumb:

That's really confusing, why would NOT GM immediately invoice completed vehicles? There are quite a few cars in the tracker showing 4B00 but not in transit. Which based on your theory would mean they were not yet invoiced. I guess the true answer is
Jump Goat GIF

That's really confusing, why would NOT GM immediately invoice completed vehicles? There are quite a few cars in the tracker showing 4B00 but not in transit. Which based on your theory would mean they were not yet invoiced. I guess the true answer is
Jump Goat GIF
4B00 means "Bayed" which means, it could have been transported by truck, dropped off at a rail yard, and it's sitting, waiting to be loaded on to a rail car...or it was transported by truck, then rail, unloaded into the rail yard, and it's waiting to be picked back up by truck and brought to the dealer. Technically, it is in-transit, even though it's not physically moving and sitting in a lot or rail yard.

My 5V was invoiced the day it was built. 🤷
Exactly. They're usually invoiced within a week of being built - sometimes 2-4 weeks which is rare.

My 5 BW was actually delivered before it was invoiced....
That happens too sometimes, but it's rare...

You're all trying to make sense of, and put order into, a process that has none :chuckle

That happens too sometimes, but it's rare...

You're all trying to make sense of, and put order into, a process that has none :chuckle
Just because it looks like a goat, and eats alfalfa sprouts like a goat, doesn't mean it's a goat...

Goat Costume GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!