Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I was really hoping I didn't need to post this. I'm blaming GM. I placed an order for a blackwing on 12/28. I finally got allocation and it was built in July. Been sitting in the parking lot ever since then.

My 2013 BMW 535i has been my nights and weekends car for the past couple of years. My niece asked to borrow my daily driver so I've been using the bmw every day for the past couple of weeks. I do love the 6 speed, though it has been acting funny. Acceleration is off and not responding correctly. I got this warning Tuesday and took it in yesterday.
Drivetrain.jpeg

I just got the results. New clutch. 4100. Plus it turns out my front brakes and worn and I need new rear tires. 6400 all told. This is for a 9.5 year old bmw 535i with 76,500 miles on it.
If I had my new blackwing already none of this would be necessary. Again I blame GM. I'd be in a brand new car built to my personal specifications. Something I never dreamed I'd be able to do for a car like this.
I'll do the clutch because I can't get rid of that warning message and it doesn't drive correctly. The brakes were about 300 and I'll do those too. Darn Germans and their automobiles!!!
I called back and skipped the brakes too. I'm selling and won't be driving it much any more, especially as it gets colder out...

Last edited:
I was really hoping I didn't need to post this. I'm blaming GM. I placed an order for a blackwing on 12/28. I finally got allocation and it was built in July. Been sitting in the parking lot ever since then.

My 2013 BMW 535i has been my nights and weekends car for the past couple of years. My niece asked to borrow my daily driver so I've been using the bmw every day for the past couple of weeks. I do love the 6 speed, though it has been acting funny. Acceleration is off and not responding correctly. I got this warning Tuesday and took it in yesterday. View attachment 13065

I just got the results. New clutch. 4100. Plus it turns out my front brakes and worn and I need new rear tires. 6400 all told. This is for a 9.5 year old bmw 535i with 76,500 miles on it.
If I had my new blackwing already none of this would be necessary. Again I blame GM. I'd be in a brand new car built to my personal specifications. Something I never dreamed I'd be able to do for a car like this.
I'll do the clutch because I can't get rid of that warning message and it doesn't drive correctly. The brakes were about 300 and I'll do those too. Darn Germans and their automobiles!!!
That really sucks but in some respects it would have also sucked (even more so) to be the future buyer of your car and then have the same bill a couple months into ownership. The bill however is pretty outrageous. If that isn't an independent service shop price, you might want to try one as they are often 30-40% less than a dealer.

That really sucks but in some respects it would have also sucked (even more so) to be the future buyer of your car and then have the same bill a couple months into ownership. The bill however is pretty outrageous. If that isn't an independent service shop price, you might want to try one as they are often 30-40% less than a dealer.
Sadly it is the local bmw dealer where i bought it...This same car needs a new headlight because when it sits in the rain condensation builds inside. They can't find the leak so it would have to be replaced. 3k for that part too. If garaged, it is fine. No guarantees a new Cadillac won't have these issues in 10 years, just a frustrating way to end the week...

My 2013 BMW 535i has been my nights and weekends car for the past couple of years. My niece asked to borrow my daily driver so I've been using the bmw every day for the past couple of weeks. I do love the 6 speed, though it has been acting funny. Acceleration is off and not responding correctly. I got this warning Tuesday and took it in yesterday. View attachment 13065

I called back and skipped the brakes too. I'm selling and won't be driving it much any more, especially as it gets colder
lol...BMW

I called back and skipped the brakes too. I'm selling and won't be driving it much any more, especially as it gets colder out...
So, I'm on my 3rd BMW. I've had a 2004 330XI, a 2008 335XI, and I now have a 2015 M235XI that I bought new and currently have over 137,000 miles on it. It's my daily driver. While I've had my fair share of repairs, I haven't had anything out of the norm that other cars wouldn't experience through a lifetime.

European cars will always be more expensive to fix due to the importation of parts. But, we live in a Global economy, and American built cars are slowly becoming just as expensive to fix as their counterparts. Just because the car is "assembled" in the U.S. doesn't mean it's truly "built" in the U.S.

GM, as are all American automotive manufacturers, are at the mercy of their suppliers. If the suppliers are having a hard time getting the raw materials, or the staff to manufacture the parts, then that's going to affect GM's production.

Now, I've heard some people say "well then they should just stop building the cars until they have all of the parts". That's not a good solution either. GM has bills to pay, staff to pay, etc. If you don't have product to sell, you don't have a business (not taking into consideration service related industries).

Dealers are currently having a hard time fixing cars and some cars are sitting at dealers for months waiting for parts. Those parts aren't coming from GM. They're coming from their suppliers. But the parts just aren't available. And of course, everyone points the finger of blame at GM.

Example: the company that makes Edge Red paint for the Corvette's brake calipers and engine covers, was recently destroyed by a fire. Do you have any idea how many customers are pissed that they ordered a Corvette with those options, and had to delete them out of their orders?

You would think the sky was falling.

Expectations...it's all about expectations, and based upon my experience dealing with customers for the last 7 years, their expectations aren't realistic based upon current times and situations. And when you try to explain it to them, they get nasty and don't want to hear it.

Can GM's communication with customers be better, absolutely!!! Right now, I feel it's severely lacking. But you not having your Blackwing yet, and your BMW breaking down, is not GM's fault.

I'm not trying to pick on you, or single you out with my next statement, but let me say this: once I am finished with my current job, I'm DONE working in any customer support role ever again. People in general, suck these days, and their level of assumed entitlement makes me want to vomit uncontrollably.

I bought something online today that has zero to do with the automotive field. After paying the money, I learned it was back ordered for 2-4 months. Aggravating? Yeah. Is the sky going to fall down on me because I can't have what I want now? No. I bought something in high demand, during a time when supply chains may not start seeing relief until next summer.. I get it.

bat man girl GIF

Hi, ummmmm….I’m 4300…

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Is this accurate? Like I went from 3400 to 4300 in a week? Am I missing something? How?

Should I be riddled with guilt? Did I cut the line? Should I be mocking and laughing at everyone? Should I be jumping for joy? Could I still go MP? Like WTF?

Is it cuz I pray to the almighty goat lord?

I’m shook.

Black Ink Crew Omg GIF by VH1

So, I'm on my 3rd BMW. I've had a 2004 330XI, a 2008 335XI, and I now have a 2015 M235XI that I bought new and currently have over 137,000 miles on it. It's my daily driver. While I've had my fair share of repairs, I haven't had anything out of the norm that other cars wouldn't experience through a lifetime.

European cars will always be more expensive to fix due to the importation of parts. But, we live in a Global economy, and American built cars are slowly becoming just as expensive to fix as their counterparts. Just because the car is "assembled" in the U.S. doesn't mean it's truly "built" in the U.S.

GM, as are all American automotive manufacturers, are at the mercy of their suppliers. If the suppliers are having a hard time getting the raw materials, or the staff to manufacture the parts, then that's going to affect GM's production.

Now, I've heard some people say "well then they should just stop building the cars until they have all of the parts". That's not a good solution either. GM has bills to pay, staff to pay, etc. If you don't have product to sell, you don't have a business (not taking into consideration service related industries).

Dealers are currently having a hard time fixing cars and some cars are sitting at dealers for months waiting for parts. Those parts aren't coming from GM. They're coming from their suppliers. But the parts just aren't available. And of course, everyone points the finger of blame at GM.

Example: the company that makes Edge Red paint for the Corvette's brake calipers and engine covers, was recently destroyed by a fire. Do you have any idea how many customers are pissed that they ordered a Corvette with those options, and had to delete them out of their orders?

Expectations...it's all about expectations, and based upon my experience dealing with customers for the last 7 years, their expectations aren't realistic based upon current times and situations. And when you try to explain it to them, they get nasty and don't want to hear it.

Can GM's communication with customers be better, absolutely!!! Right now, I feel it's severely lacking. But you not having your Blackwing yet, and your BMW breaking down, is not GM's fault.

I'm not trying to pick on you, or single you out with my next statement, but let me say this: once I am finished with my current job, I'm DONE working in any customer support role ever again. People in general, suck these days, and their level of assumed entitlement makes me want to vomit uncontrollably.

I bought something online today that has zero to do with the automotive field. After paying the money, I learned it was back ordered for 2-4 months. Aggravating? Yeah. Is the sky going to fall down on me because I can't have what I want now? No. I bought something in high demand, during a time when supply chains may not start seeing relief until next summer.
And I apologize if I was coming off out of line. I was joking. I was just really hoping that I would have my new car by this point and any repairs on my old bmw would be someone else's concern. I keep checking with my salesman every month or two. Not much he can do at this point. The goat rodeo lives up to its name.

And I apologize if I was coming off out of line. I was joking. I was just really hoping that I would have my new car by this point and any repairs on my old bmw would be someone else's concern. I keep checking with my salesman every month or two. Not much he can do at this point. The goat rodeo lives up to its name.
Believe me, I totally understand. You bought a high dollar item, and you can't have it right now, and if you did have it, you wouldn't have to shell out even more money to get by. It's frustrating as hell.

I just want people to understand, that even though GM's communication with customers is worse than using carrier pigeons, their production issues are somewhat, out of their control.

Hopefully, companies learn from the last few years and begin to develop viable solutions to more easily adapt to those situations in the future.

bat man girl GIF

Hi, ummmmm….I’m 4300…

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Is this accurate? Like I went from 3400 to 4300 in a week? Am I missing something? How?

Should I be riddled with guilt? Did I cut the line? Should I be mocking and laughing at everyone? Should I be jumping for joy? Could I still go MP? Like WTF?

Is it cuz I pray to the almighty goat lord?

I’m shook.

Black Ink Crew Omg GIF by VH1
200.gif

I bought something online today that has zero to do with the automotive field. After paying the money, I learned it was back ordered for 2-4 months. Aggravating? Yeah. Is the sky going to fall down on me because I can't have what I want now? No. I bought something in high demand, during a time when supply chains may not start seeing relief until next summer.. I get it.
1 million % Rob.

"Should I be riddled with guilt? Did I cut the line? Should I be mocking and laughing at everyone? Should I be jumping for joy? Could I still go MP? Like WTF?" You should be prepared to go to 4D00 sometime in the next week. After a week or two you might go to 4B00 and sit at that status for a while. Then you will probably go back to 4D00 and percolate again for who knows how long. I hope your car gets put on a truck tomorrow and goes right to your dealer but the odds are you've just begun your adventure in the goat pen.

Alright fellow maniacs...I have a car that had a TPW of 8/28, then 9/5, then 10/3. At that time I think it was at 3400. Then it moved back to Event Code 3000, and TPW of 10/10/2022. Just checked, and it moved back to 3400. It is a CF1, CF2, and CF seat build. What say ye, is it going to get built? CF on constraint, but it is a 120th that was ordered back in April I think. Do they have these parts?

Alright fellow maniacs...I have a car that had a TPW of 8/28, then 9/5, then 10/3. At that time I think it was at 3400. Then it moved back to Event Code 3000, and TPW of 10/10/2022. Just checked, and it moved back to 3400. It is a CF1, CF2, and CF seat build. What say ye, is it going to get built? CF on constraint, but it is a 120th that was ordered back in April I think. Do they have these parts?
Even cars with constraints will occasionally get built. Whether it will or not is up to to the goat lords.

"Should I be riddled with guilt? Did I cut the line? Should I be mocking and laughing at everyone? Should I be jumping for joy? Could I still go MP? Like WTF?" You should be prepared to go to 4D00 sometime in the next week. After a week or two you might go to 4B00 and sit at that status for a while. Then you will probably go back to 4D00 and percolate again for who knows how long. I hope your car gets put on a truck tomorrow and goes right to your dealer but the odds are you've just begun your adventure in the goat pen.

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

Who are these Goat Lords, and what is their address?
Rob can provide you directions to the central shrine in Lansing or you can build one at home. It depends a lot on the depth of your convictions and how far you’re willing to go in the name of the Baaaaaaaaaather, the son and the holy goat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop