Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

5 months later and no allocations at dealer!

Coloblackwing97

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Ordered my Blackwing back in November with 15 orders ahead of me at my dealer.

Called last week to see how much I’ve moved up on the list. Still 15 orders ahead of me! Anyone know why this could be? Is the factory slowing down or is my dealer just not getting allocations? The dealer promised I would get it eventually since I placed the order and made a deposit .But at this point I’m starting to worry I’ll never see my Blackwing. Should I trust them or find a different dealer to handle my order?

5 whole months? Your a rookie, lol

Sounds like an empty promise. As you stated, it's based on allocation not how many orders the dealer places in the system. Deposit or no deposit.

I'd recommend approaching other dealers. 15 orders ahead of you is a lot!

I've placed deposits at two dealers here in Ontario back in October (5 months now...) and I was 2nd in line at both. Fortunately they've now both received the build allocation for their first in line (though cars likely not delivered for a month or two).

But getting 15 allocations is another story. I'd imagine only a tiny handful of the largest dealers in the US will clear through that many in the next year or so.

You need to go somewhere else. Even then, you are probably looking at a 2023 model.

Not long ago a list was posted that showed dealer allocations and at that time there was only 1 dealer in the country that had more than 12 and they (Sewell) had 25.

I just called in to my local MSRP dealer to get down to the dirty details of the waitlist. He said I was #5 on the non-CF 4BW. Today I asked for some clarification and there's 15 people ahead for CF 4BW's. They have 2 being built in the next month or two coming in. I asked him how long were those orders just sitting there for an allocation, and he said many months.

So yea, went from hopeful to hopeless at that dealership. At another dealership, they recently received a couple allocations which cleared their waitlist, so now I'm #1. That dealership is now my best chance to get one. Hopefully I'll have the privilege to drive the car 8 hours back to my home. Trakktape and all.

Called last week to see how much I’ve moved up on the list. Still 15 orders ahead of me! Anyone know why this could be? Is the factory slowing down or is my dealer just not getting allocations? The dealer promised I would get it eventually since I placed the order and made a deposit .But at this point I’m starting to worry I’ll never see my Blackwing. Should I trust them or find a different dealer to handle my order?
You may want to check if you dealer is a top 50 dealer. If not, I would place an order at a higher-volume dealer - they are more likely to get allocations.

I placed my order for a 5 BW one year ago this month at the #4 Cadillac dealer in the country. Still no allocation as of today. We can try and figure out how to get our orders accepted but the bottom line is, there’s no rhyme or reason to this system. Well, there probably is but it will never make sense to me. I don’t even think the dealers know how it works exactly.

At this point, I already bought something else. Maybe I’ll get a ‘23 or ‘24, maybe not. My order is staying as it has been placed until they can build me a car to my spec.

I placed my order for a 5 BW one year ago this month at the #4 Cadillac dealer in the country. Still no allocation as of today. We can try and figure out how to get our orders accepted but the bottom line is, there’s no rhyme or reason to this system. Well, there probably is but it will never make sense to me. I don’t even think the dealers know how it works exactly.

At this point, I already bought something else. Maybe I’ll get a ‘23 or ‘24, maybe not. My order is staying as it has been placed until they can build me a car to my spec.
Silver lining is no one really takes a bath on the resale(unless you took a bath on the car when you bought it), so one can enjoy the car for a couple years and get out of it for not much loss, if any.

Silver lining is no one really takes a bath on the resale(unless you took a bath on the car when you bought it), so one can enjoy the car for a couple years and get out of it for not much loss, if any.
Are you only referring to 5s? I think 4s will drop relative to resale but hopefully hold OK. 5s might never drop.

Are you only referring to 5s? I think 4s will drop relative to resale but hopefully hold OK. 5s might never drop.
I don't think anything will drop. Even Honda civics are being sold used for more than MSRP currently, and they make hundreds of thousands of them a year. Are they even going to clear 1000 4BWs a year?

But, I'm here to enjoy the car at the end of the day. Affordable high performance gas powered cars are going extinct, and as long as the car is reliable, I'll be keeping it for a long good time.

I don't think anything will drop. Even Honda civics are being sold used for more than MSRP currently, and they make hundreds of thousands of them a year. Are they even going to clear 1000 4BWs a year?

But, I'm here to enjoy the car at the end of the day. Affordable high performance gas powered cars are going extinct, and as long as the car is reliable, I'll be keeping it for a long good time.
It does seem the auto industry is no closer to returning to "old times".

I wanted to read through some of these threads to see if I could get an idea of how long everyone has been waiting. I placed my order back in October. They told me that I was 3rd in line at that point. I really didn't call too much through the winter, but now that the weather is getting nicer, I've been calling about once per month. The last time, they told me that I am next in line once they get the allocation. I was really starting to get frustrated, but it looks like being about 5-6 months in isn't out of the ordinary. Part of my frustration is the lack of information. The dealer never seems to know anything besides how many they are building for the entire country that week. I find it a bit hard to believe that the dealers don't get more information than that, but in any case, good luck!

I wanted to read through some of these threads to see if I could get an idea of how long everyone has been waiting. I placed my order back in October. They told me that I was 3rd in line at that point. I really didn't call too much through the winter, but now that the weather is getting nicer, I've been calling about once per month. The last time, they told me that I am next in line once they get the allocation. I was really starting to get frustrated, but it looks like being about 5-6 months in isn't out of the ordinary. Part of my frustration is the lack of information. The dealer never seems to know anything besides how many they are building for the entire country that week. I find it a bit hard to believe that the dealers don't get more information than that, but in any case, good luck!
From my experience, they really don’t. And it’s even worse after it’s built and been sitting in Michigan for two months. It’s unfortunate the lack of information provided to dealerships.

I would seek alternate options. I have more orders than anyone and my oldest ones dont go back that far....

I was around 40-50th on list for a 5 blackwing from a large volume V dealer. I ordered end of August and just got my allocation picked up by Cadillac. Although he never knows for sure, my salesman was pretty spot on with the rough timeline he gave me from the start.

I was around 40-50th on list for a 5 blackwing from a large volume V dealer. I ordered end of August and just got my allocation picked up by Cadillac. Although he never knows for sure, my salesman was pretty spot on with the rough timeline he gave me from the start.

Sewell Cadillac? I don't know of any other dealership that gets as many black wings as them. To be around 50th in line for a 5 black wing in August some would deem that impossible for 2022

Sewell Cadillac? I don't know of any other dealership that gets as many black wings as them. To be around 50th in line for a 5 black wing in August some would deem that impossible for 2022
I opted for no CF1. I moved up the list ahead of folks who want to hold out for it. I do know that helped me

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back