Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Looking at a new CT4-V Blacking - Anyone bought one recently?

Does anyone know how allocations work? I have three dealers between 1-2 hours away from me. I have never seen any CTV-4 BW's at the two closest dealers but the other one has nine on the lot and two more in transit. Unfortunately, they all have more options than I want and none are in my preferred color.

Do they all have an equal chance of getting an allocation if I put in an order or would the one that has several have a better chance? I would lean towards ordering from the closest dealer who has a pickup/delivery option for service that I would qualify for if I get it from them. They just need my order and a $1000 refundable deposit. I am wondering if I should just order with them or if it would be better to order from the dealer that seems to have them rolling through their lot.

Others here are going to be able to answer you better than i can and you should really check through the threads related to this. All i would say is that I probably wouldn't bother to order one....2024 production is only going on for so long and unknown if the model will continue for 2025. I and others here bought out of state. I would suggest expanding your search and don't hesitate to buy one with the specs you want wherever it might be.

Does anyone know how allocations work? I have three dealers between 1-2 hours away from me. I have never seen any CTV-4 BW's at the two closest dealers but the other one has nine on the lot and two more in transit. Unfortunately, they all have more options than I want and none are in my preferred color.

Do they all have an equal chance of getting an allocation if I put in an order or would the one that has several have a better chance? I would lean towards ordering from the closest dealer who has a pickup/delivery option for service that I would qualify for if I get it from them. They just need my order and a $1000 refundable deposit. I am wondering if I should just order with them or if it would be better to order from the dealer that seems to have them rolling through their lot.
The process has been gone over many times on this forum. There is a somewhat complicated process, but in a nutshell, a dealer that sells more Vs is going to get more allocations for them. There are not equal allocations to all dealers.

Delaware Cadillac (if that is one of the dealers your mentioning in your area) told me ADM (markup) on a ordered car MSRP on in stock car, this was for a 5BW. This make no sense to me as a ordered car is a "retail sold" unit, no marketing to sell the car. Brogan was nice to speak with as i stopped in there to look at their stock.

Thanks! Yes, Delaware Cadillac is the dealer with several CT4-V BW's and where I test drove one. It sounds like they would have the best chance of getting one if I order. I have not talked to them about ordering one, just the closer dealer.
I will ask if they think they could order and get one the way I want and if so will it cost extra. Based on their answer I may need to pay extra for options I don't really want and pick another color. I like the Midnight Steel Metallic color but don't see any within 650 miles from me currently.

Kevin0311 - You are right. If I order a CTV-4 BW it will be 5000 over MSRP for a 2024 model ( if they can get one ) and 10000 or MSRP for a 2025 model. It's a much better deal to pick one that they have in stock.

It’s a much better deal to not work with any dealer that’s going to screw you with an ADM in the first place.

Yeah i wouldn't buy from them in stock even with those ideas of prices i don't participate in any games, there are many other dealers that are ordering/selling cars like it is 2024 not 2022.

I had a weird exchange with Delaware Cadillac as well when I was on the market. I called them to inquire for a 4BW on November 29th, and to ensure the price listed on the website was accurate (no ADM added later) and that they would honor the Cadillac discount and finance rate. The guy I spoke with told me that the price is accurate and they will honor the Cadillac discount but I need to buy the car by November 30th because Cadillac incentives change every month. All this despite the Cadillac offer at the time was good until January 2nd.

They followed back with me in December to let me know that the incentives have not changed and that they would be happy to work with me. Needless to say I did not do business with them as I thought they were playing games. Instead I worked with Holman Cadillad at NJ. Had a great experience and felt I got a good deal.

Well it looks like I am getting a CTV-4 BW from delaware. I was texting another dealer today finding out the process to order one. They would take my order but could not give any assurances that they would get an allocation. They also did not know if the CTV-4 BW would continue with 2025, just that they had not heard it would be discontinued and that the CTV-5 BW was being redesigned in 2025.

While I was going back and forth with this dealer I heard back from Delaware who offered a better deal on the CTV-4 BW that I had test drove. I countered with a lower price and they came down some more but said that is all they can do. We talked 'on the road' price but they seemed to drop around $10,000 off the sticker price. That and the 0.9% 36 month financing available this month convinced me to go for it. I hope to get it on Monday. I'll update once it is all done, hopefully there are no surprises and everything goes well.

Well well...congrats!

Has anyone got the Cadillac extended limited warranty or one of the protection plans for their CTV-4 BW? I never use to get extended warranty's but with all the electronics in today's cars we got one on our last car for piece of mind. I expect when I pick it up they will try to sell me something and want to be somewhat prepared.

Congrats on the deal! That sounds fantastic!

As for the extended warranty, it really is a personal choice. If it gives you peace of mind and you're planning to keep the car for the long haul, then it could be worthwhile. Personally, I opted out, even though I plan to keep my car beyond the factory warranty period. I'm trusting that the engineers have done their job well; if not issues should come early and covered by the factory warranty.

Last edited:
Congrats on the deal! That sounds fantastic!

As for the extended warranty, it really is a personal choice. If it gives you peace of mind and you're planning to keep the car for the long haul, then it could be worthwhile. Personally, I opted out, even though I plan to keep my car beyond the factory warranty period. I'm trusting that the engineers have done their job well; if not issues should come early and covered by the factory warranty.
Another consideration is if you ever plan on modding the car. For this reason alone I never consider extended warranties.

Also I'm very particular about which shops I choose to do maintenance and/or upgrades...not that I haven't misjudged before. Too long a story to write about fully here...but I actually won a court settlement against a (total snake) mechanic (which I never expect to collect unfortunately) after he mucked up a bottom end repair on my Audi S4 resulting in a destroyed engine...and the car sitting for 2 years before I got and paid other folks to replace the engine, turbos etc.

Thanks, I had not thought about any mods. I don't plan on any but you never know. Unfortunately, I don't have any go to shops so I expect I will use one of the Cadillac dealers or maybe a local Chevy or GMC dealer for routine stuff. Our other newer cars are serviced by their dealer and I take care of my 69 Camaro myself.

Other GM products a GM extended warranty can be purchased anytime up to the expiration of the factory B to B warranty, i would bet Cadillac would be the same. I purchased from James Black Cadillac about halfway through my standard B to B for half the price the original dealer was asking. MacMulkin in NH does them at a discounted rate also i have heard. Was very easy to buy, was a 1 month 1k mile waiting period for it to go into effect. I get the platinum plan with 100 deductible.

Well it looks like I am getting a CTV-4 BW from delaware. I was texting another dealer today finding out the process to order one. They would take my order but could not give any assurances that they would get an allocation. They also did not know if the CTV-4 BW would continue with 2025, just that they had not heard it would be discontinued and that the CTV-5 BW was being redesigned in 2025.

While I was going back and forth with this dealer I heard back from Delaware who offered a better deal on the CTV-4 BW that I had test drove. I countered with a lower price and they came down some more but said that is all they can do. We talked 'on the road' price but they seemed to drop around $10,000 off the sticker price. That and the 0.9% 36 month financing available this month convinced me to go for it. I hope to get it on Monday. I'll update once it is all done, hopefully there are no surprises and everything goes well.
I hope it all works out for you!

Could you tell me where the 0.9% financing is listed? I have a friend here in Texas looking to buy a 4BW and this would push him over the edge but I don't see it on Cadillac's website.

Here is the link that shows it, Maybe it is a Delaware thing?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back