Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Looking at a new CT4-V Blacking - Anyone bought one recently?

Ramsman

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CTV-4 Blackwing
Hello, I am looking at performance sedans and am considering a CTV-4 blackwing. I don't have any Cadillac dealers close to me but noticed that there was one a little over an hour away that had some at the dealership. I am also considering a Lexus IS 500.
My wife and I checked out both of these today. She liked the Lexus better but I thought that the CTV-4 Blackwing drove more like a performance car. I had 'built' both cars online and the Lexus was priced close to what I expected.
The Cadillac dealer had several CTV-4 Blackwings onsite but all had more options that I would have chosen and were more expensive. Talking to the Cadillac salesman, it sounds like they get a fair amount of CTV-4 Blackwing allocations and always heavily option them. I asked about ordering one with what I want and they said that was possible but it would be safer to choose one they had or would be getting. All of their models they had in stock had all of the carbon fiber packages , sunroofs, data recorders, alloy wheels, etc. My 'built' CTV-4 blackwing was $66,665. The dealers CTV-4 Blackwings were all around $86,000 - $87,000. I don't know what color I would want yet but based on the colors they had at the dealer we looked at a Cyber Yellow Metallic one. It looks more gold to me than yellow. It's different and is growing on me.
The one I was looking at had a sticker price of $85,785 with all of the options. The dealer knocked that down to $81,999 and then said that if I use the 0.09% 3 year financing they would take another $3000 off. With taxes and other charges it ended up $84,889 on the road.
They said as long as they don't sell the car this month the deal is good until the end of February. They also claimed that now is a good time to buy one before the weather gets nicer and they sell quicker.
Is it hard to get CTV-4 Blackwings? Is this a typical scenario? I would rather just order the options I want but if the only way to get one is to buy what the dealer has I guess I have no choice. The dealer claimed that these options ( mainly Carbon Fiber) add to resale value but that felt like a sales pitch.

I forgot to mention that the dealer also said that if I purchase the CTV-4 Blackwing I get a free drivers class at Spring Mountain in Las Vegas. Has anyone does this? Is it worth it and cool?

I forgot to mention that the dealer also said that if I purchase the CTV-4 Blackwing I get a free drivers class at Spring Mountain in Las Vegas. Has anyone does this? Is it worth it and cool?
Yes, BWs come with a class at Spring Mountain. Search the forum for lots of input about it.

Check out these threads before making any decisions.

I suggest that you spend some time looking through a bunch of threads on this forum (like the ones suggested and more) to get a feel for whats been going on with these cars and what your options might be now. They used to be harder to get (certainly at or below MSRP) but I think thats changed somewhat.

I wouldn't hesitate to check out dealers in other parts of the country (Sewel in Texas is often mentioned or where I bought mine - Classic Cadillac of Atlanta). These higher volume dealers often have many cars available that they want to move. I bought mine in Atlanta in December entirely over the phone - flew in and drove it back to DC. It was a seamless and great experience.

IMO 4 v BW is a more special (generally better) car than a Lexus IS 500 - but you should make your choice by what you value. That being said If you are a driving enthusiast the Caddy is the car to get.

There are several threads specifically about Spring Mountain that you should check out. All the feedback is super positive. I am scheduled for end of April and am really looking forward to the experience.

I was in the same boat shopping both of these cars and drove both of them for over 2 hours each before making a purchase (work as a transporter and have access to a lot of inventories and got lucky with people letting me drive some)

If you want a true sports car. Track capable. Fun to drive and engaging. "Special". Than its the BW hands down.

The IS500 will be a better long term car imo (10 years of ownership). If will be cheaper to run. Obviously reliability is on the side of the lexus. My pros and cons (some random dudes opinion so take it as you may

The lexus feels like a normal sedan with a v8 in it. An amazing v8. but the rest of the car is just a luxury sedan

4BW:
More fun to drive
More "special"
Track driving
Better transmission (in either spec)
Chassis is much better performing

Lexus:
Reliability
Long term ownership
it has a v8
quality

A wash between the two:
interior (this is subjective but)
Rarity (maybe a slight edge to the lexus actually, not sure the actual production numbers)
"unknown" factor. Neither of these are as well known as an M3 and some people may not know what you have, which in my opinion is cool
long term value (hard to say but)

TLDR: If you are looking for a special sports car, and value everything else second, its the blackwing. If you want a comfortable, high quality sedan that happens to have a perfect v8 but middling everything else, get the lexus.

Of course the dealer wants you to take what they have on the lot. If you look around you might be able to find a car out of state though (what I ended up doing) - and that is probably the way to go if the dealer won’t build you your car. And spending this much money…you should have it EXACTLY the way you want it.

TLDR: If you are looking for a special sports car, and value everything else second, its the blackwing. If you want a comfortable, high quality sedan that happens to have a perfect v8 but middling everything else, get the lexus.

Yes, the Lexus V8 is fantastic. However, mild disagreement on one point: The automatic in the Lexus does not rise to the level of "middling". I would describe it as "below average" at best, especially for a car in this class. If you only drove the Lexus as a luxury car, maybe that's fine. But you will be frustrated with that transmission if you want to have some fun, in my limited experience. It would be enough to drive me crazy (not that it matters because the fact that the 4BW can be had with a manual--and a very good manual--would be enough to push me to the Cadillac).

Lexus sports cars often interested me....back when some at least had MT...but never enough to consider buying one. Closest I've ever gotten to consider purchasing a Lexus product was a Lexus V8 to drop into a Miata...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to do some more research and maybe talk to some other Cadillac dealers. One of my concerns with the Cadillac is that there is no dealer close to me. The one that was nearby closed so any dealer I choose is over an hour away. I hope not to need much service but when I do it will be very inconvenient unless I can take it to a chevy or GMC dealer.
I definitely liked driving the manual CTV-4 blackwing! If I decide to get one I will order the options that I want only (I don't need the CF , sun roof or some other things yesterday's dealer had on all of their cars).
I want to like the IS500 but it wasn't as exciting to drive. The engine sounded awesome but I didn't really feel the power like I expected. It was very comfortable and rode well. I also have a Lexus dealer fairly close.

All that makes sense (no Caddy dealer close by certainly a concern). Best of luck...let us know what you decide...

Beyond our personal biases as 4BW owners, there's a widespread acknowledgment among car magazines and reviewers that BW stands out in its class. While other brands might offer more luxury, BW is unparalleled in terms of its engaging chassis. For enthusiasts desiring a manual transmission, options are limited. BW uniquely transforms from a swift, comfortable sedan to an exhilarating race-track performer at the touch of a button.

I concur with the dealer that building your own spec at this point comes with risks, such as potential delays and no firm guarantee of delivery. I read on this forum that prodiction of 4BW might end this year. Expanding your search to include out-of-state dealers could significantly increase your chances of finding a BW that meets your specifications—or comes close to it. Currently, there are non-carbon fiber models available a few hours from your location.

Sent you a few options in private message. Good luck with your search and hope you find what you wish!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to do some more research and maybe talk to some other Cadillac dealers. One of my concerns with the Cadillac is that there is no dealer close to me. The one that was nearby closed so any dealer I choose is over an hour away. I hope not to need much service but when I do it will be very inconvenient unless I can take it to a chevy or GMC dealer.
I definitely liked driving the manual CTV-4 blackwing! If I decide to get one I will order the options that I want only (I don't need the CF , sun roof or some other things yesterday's dealer had on all of their cars).
I want to like the IS500 but it wasn't as exciting to drive. The engine sounded awesome but I didn't really feel the power like I expected. It was very comfortable and rode well. I also have a Lexus dealer fairly close.
You can absolutely take it to any Chevy or GM dealer for any work including warranty work. The only thing that you can’t do outside of a Cadillac dealer is get the initial free oil change.

There are deals out there. I found my CT4BW on Cadillac.com, shop new inventory, CT4-V, Blackwing trim, Set zip code to something in the middle of the country, set distance to 2,000 miles, then sort by price.

I got my leftover new 2023 for $9k off sticker ($5k dealer discount, $3k GM finance rebate, $1k Costco rebate).

Cheapest "New" CT4BW on there right now is under $60k, but it has 369 miles on it (Black/Black 10A)

So the CTV-4 BW that I test drove at the dealer was nice and they knocked about $6700 off the sticker price if I take advantage of the 0.9% 36 month financing. Even though it sounds like a good deal I'm not that excited about the color ( Cyber Yellow). It's ok and may grow on me but it wouldn't be my first choice.

I checked with a dealer a little closer to me who has no BW's. They will take my order along with a $1000 refundable deposit and will let me know when they get an allocation.

I plan to come up with a build that I want and either place an order and/or check for a match somewhere. Since the deposit is refundable I don't see any harm in ordering one while I search. Any harm ordering from more than one dealer to see who gets an allocation first?

I like the Midnight Steel Metallic color and most options except the sunroof and CF packages. Am I missing something with the CF packages? I can see that they add to the look but I am having trouble justifying their cost so I will probably go without them.

@Ramsman I don't see any issues with your approach. I also couldn't justify the extra cost for carbon fiber options and, frankly, I find them a bit cheesy. There's a good chance the front splitter will get scraped and end up looking terrible. Thankfully, there are aftermarket options available, so if you decide you want the carbon fiber look later on, you can add it then.

The dive planes are a little more work to install on non-CF cars. I don’t know about the 4, but I really like CF1 on my 5. It’s a more aggressive look that compliments the car’s character.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back