Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Looking at a new CT4-V Blacking - Anyone bought one recently?

I just got home from picking up my car, I really like it! I test drove it at night with a light rain so I couldn't judge the color fairly. Seeing it today in the sun I love the color.
It is going to take a while to learn all of the settings and controls, they are a little overwhelming.

I plan to order the sly front license plate bracket. Any recommendations on the 2 bolt vs 4 bolt? I am thinking 4 bolt with black screws.

Attachments

• IMG_20240219_163339.jpg
    IMG_20240219_163339.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240219_163349.jpg
    IMG_20240219_163349.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 42
Hope this post finds you all well... that special is a GM Financial financing incentive, although not exclusive to our dealership, we certainly hope to sell as many as possible, whether you live in Texas, California, or are nearby to us. We have MANY available in stock.

Also, we are the # 1 volume V-Series and Blackwing dealer in the North East US, and we have received every single sold order Blackwing we have every ordered. Please call us, ask for "Blackwing Bill," and give us a shot to earn your business. Thx.

Congratulations Ramsman, that color really pops in the sun! I hope to see one in the sun personally one day all though i am awaiting for more typhoon metallic photos to appear also.

Congrats on the new car and the excellent deal! It looks striking, that is surely a unique color. You shouldn't have any trouble finding it in the parking lot.

Congrats on the purchase! The deal you described is fantastic. Good work!

I bought mine two weeks ago and am thrilled with the car so far.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice! I'm looking forward to driving it more this weekend. I ordered all weather floor and cargo mats using my rewards points and waxed it today. I also ordered a SLY front license plate bracket. Since I plan to keep this car for a long time I went ahead and got an 8yr/80000 mile protection plan from James Black Cadillac (recommended on this site).
I have read that some people get PPF applied to the front of the cars so I looked into that but it's really expensive so I may skip that.
I really enjoy browsing all the discussions and info on this forum!

I have read that some people get PPF applied to the front of the cars so I looked into that but it's really expensive so I may skip that.
Congrats on the new car. I would at the minimum have PPF applied to the bumper. You can always do more as the budget allows. You should be able to have it done for about a grand. You'll thank us all later.
Save the bumper!

I found a place not too far from me that suggested two options. He said he would need the car a few days, he was guessing probably 5 business days. I have never done or seen this before but don't want to get chips in the paint up front. Once done is this pretty much invisible? I don't want to loose any of the shine or see any seams.

Do these prices look reasonable? Is option 2 worth it for the extra 10 mil up front?

Option 1 $3500 :
  • Full Front XPEL Ultimate Fusion PPF (front bumper, fenders, headlights and mirrors)
  • XPEL Fusion Plus Premium 8-Year Ceramic Coating + Full New Car Prep Detail on remaining paint surfaces

Option 2 $4770 :
  • Full Front XPEL Ultimate Fusion PPF (front bumper, fenders, headlights and mirrors)
  • Full Front XPEL Ultimate Plus 10 10mil (PPF Package Upgrade) (front bumper, fenders, headlights and mirrors)
  • XPEL Fusion Plus Premium 8-Year Ceramic Coating + Full New Car Prep Detail on remaining paint surfaces

As a comparison, I had the complete front end, high impact sides (lower body line down), mirrors and all four door handle cups wrapped in PPF. Also had the wheels, brake calipers and all exterior glass, ceramic coated. All in, the bill came to just shy of $4800 including sales tax.

Thanks for the comparison! I'm going to start another thread on this to get opinions on the two options.

Thanks for the comparison! I'm going to start another thread on this to get opinions on the two options.
Check this thread for PPF:

I did XPELL ultimate plus on front bumper, hood, fenders, headlights, mirrors, A-pillars, roof line, side rockers, lower door panels, luggage strip, and door cups. Then 8-year ceramic coating on the entire car and wheels. Paid $5,200 including sales tax.

The difference was small for upgrading to the XPELL ultimate plus, so I went for it. Given the roads in the NE the extra thickness made sense to me.

If job is done correctly, the film is barely seen. Regarding the shine, the film won't affect it.

i think you'd get bored with the IS500 in a month. The platform is quite dated really due for a refresh, the exp you'll get in the BW prob can't be matched. Though I'd prob prefer to go a caddy dealer for service so there is some practical conerns

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back