Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My quick BW story up until now...

5VBW Nick

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
So, I've been looking at Blackwings for a couple of years now, and had an order in at a dealer in upstate New York for almost 15 months with no action. I had modified my order several times to be different colors and options, and then the last messages I had texted with my sales guy was that I was probably going to wait for the refreshed 2025 version.

Fast forward to last week, the salesman texted me that the car order had gone through and it was going to be produced in a couple of weeks. By this point I had no idea what I had even spec'd because it had been so long. He sent me the order slip and it was not what I wanted. Normally dealers check with you and get you to sign something before they put your order through; I didn't even have a deposit with this place.

I told him that I didn't want that car and I was going to just wait for the new model, and I just purchased a lightly used Audi RS6 because I was under the impression from him that it was going to be quite a long time until I got my allocation still. The sales manager ended up calling me and we discussed things and he understood and put me at number seven on the list for a 2025 refreshed model.

So, it was a little crazy that the sales guy texted me and told me the car was being built in 2 weeks, but it had been so many months since we had last talked that the tentative order that I put in with them really no longer was what I was looking for.

I called one dealer in downstate New York and they had never even seen a black wing yet, so I didn't waste time with them. I then called Paul Conte Cadillac on Long Island and ask how many people they had on their list for a 2025 CT5V Blackwing. The sales lady checked and said there was currently nobody on the list, so now I am number one at that dealer and she assured me that on factory orders they do not charge a markup over MSRP.

It could mean that I will have a car by the end of the year, who knows? I am aiming for carbon fiber one package and carbon fiber seat backs, so my order might get passed over for a while, but it's okay, I have a 600 horsepower twin turbo V8 to keep me busy until then. And, for $1,000 I can do an upgrade tune that puts it well over 720 horsepower with an intake.

I realize that it does come across as kind of confusing, but I had some options I wanted and he had changed them so that it wouldn't be constraint things, such as the carbon fiber options. He told me that it would be sometime this year that I get an allocation, but he had been telling me that for the past 6 or 8 months as well. That also told him that I was probably just going to wait for a 2025 and I figured that he just put me on a different list instead of keeping me on with a configuration we had discussed last year.

West Herr
- They were nice enough to work with, and if I was higher on the list for a '25 I would stay with them, but getting sick of waiting.

My car is from Paul Conte in Freeport. I ordered it back in October of 2021 and received it in June of 2022. I did not order any of the carbon fiber options. My only wants......automatic, red seat belts ,red calipers, floor mats and wheel choice. I was only charged MSRP and that was it. The finance guy did try and upsell me on the wheel and extended warranty insurance. No thanks. I will say that my brother is a neighbor to the owner and maybe that played a part. My MSRP sticker was $93,385. I paid 99, 875 tax and tags, out the door. I know that they are getting more money on the MSRP. My salesman was Danny . It was a pleasure dealing with them, no sales pressure.
Good Luck.

My car is from Paul Conte in Freeport. I ordered it back in October of 2021 and received it in June of 2022. I did not order any of the carbon fiber options. My only wants......automatic, red seat belts ,red calipers, floor mats and wheel choice. I was only charged MSRP and that was it. The finance guy did try and upsell me on the wheel and extended warranty insurance. No thanks. I will say that my brother is a neighbor to the owner and maybe that played a part. My MSRP sticker was $93,385. I paid 99, 875 tax and tags, out the door. I know that they are getting more money on the MSRP. My salesman was Danny . It was a pleasure dealing with them, no sales pressure.
Good Luck.
Thanks the the info about them, glad you had a good experience 👍🏻

So, I've been looking at Blackwings for a couple of years now, and had an order in at a dealer in upstate New York for almost 15 months with no action. I had modified my order several times to be different colors and options, and then the last messages I had texted with my sales guy was that I was probably going to wait for the refreshed 2025 version.

Fast forward to last week, the salesman texted me that the car order had gone through and it was going to be produced in a couple of weeks. By this point I had no idea what I had even spec'd because it had been so long. He sent me the order slip and it was not what I wanted. Normally dealers check with you and get you to sign something before they put your order through; I didn't even have a deposit with this place.

I told him that I didn't want that car and I was going to just wait for the new model, and I just purchased a lightly used Audi RS6 because I was under the impression from him that it was going to be quite a long time until I got my allocation still. The sales manager ended up calling me and we discussed things and he understood and put me at number seven on the list for a 2025 refreshed model.

So, it was a little crazy that the sales guy texted me and told me the car was being built in 2 weeks, but it had been so many months since we had last talked that the tentative order that I put in with them really no longer was what I was looking for.

I called one dealer in downstate New York and they had never even seen a black wing yet, so I didn't waste time with them. I then called Paul Conte Cadillac on Long Island and ask how many people they had on their list for a 2025 CT5V Blackwing. The sales lady checked and said there was currently nobody on the list, so now I am number one at that dealer and she assured me that on factory orders they do not charge a markup over MSRP.

It could mean that I will have a car by the end of the year, who knows? I am aiming for carbon fiber one package and carbon fiber seat backs, so my order might get passed over for a while, but it's okay, I have a 600 horsepower twin turbo V8 to keep me busy until then. And, for $1,000 I can do an upgrade tune that puts it well over 720 horsepower with an intake.
King O’Rourke in Smithtown was good to me. Placed my order in Aug ‘23 and took delivery Nov ‘23. When I was next in line and they had an allocation they called me to say what was constrained and if I was open to changes. Only constraints for me were CF seat backs and black nameplates so those were an easy yes. No markup either is a plus!

tmp.gif

Nick, I had a similar situation. I ordered mine from Otto Cadillac in Albany back in May of 2022. I would periodically check in with my salesman and he would assure me that I was on the list, but they could not say how long it would be.

Finally in January, I got impatient and bought a 2009 CTS-V. Six weeks later my salesman calls and says that my order has been pulled into the queue. Production date was to be the week of March 11th. It was built on the 12th, and I was told by my salesman that it's typically 8-12 weeks for delivery.

Much to our mutual surprise, the car showed up March 27th. Thankfully it was exactly what I ordered (although my original order was the Wave Metallic), but unfortunately I had spent most of my down payment on the CTS-V back in January, and would lose money by trading. I was able to make the deal work, but now I am looking to off-load a 09 CTS-V (it's in great shape is anyone is interested).

It's odd to me that it was wait, wait, wait, and then BOOM; you car is here. I guess that's just how it goes.

Funny side note; the car that came in before mine had an MSRP of $171,000+ and was for none other than Post Malone. Not sure what made it worth that much.

It was a anniversary edition, with special options and colors available there is a thread around here with all that info.

It was a anniversary edition, with special options and colors available there is a thread around here with all that info.
I asked several people at the dealership, and they couldn't tell me. I Googled it and came up with nothing. I'm not sure what they could offer that is worth $50k, but I'm sure Post Malone can afford it.

This is the window sticker for one incoming to deleware cadillac, notice the vin 2015 is one of the 20 years of v series.
There is a list of different colors that can be picked from and interior colors can be changed from normal options. So 36k for one off colors and 7k for year pick.
Here is one of those cars, 2020, dealer has had for few months now, was trying over msrp now looks like down to msrp, shows one of the different colors.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 36
This is the window sticker for one incoming to deleware cadillac, notice the vin 2015 is one of the 20 years of v series.
There is a list of different colors that can be picked from and interior colors can be changed from normal options. So 36k for one off colors and 7k for year pick.
Here is one of those cars, 2020, dealer has had for few months now, was trying over msrp now looks like down to msrp, shows one of the different colors.
Wow, that's an odd shade of Black 😂

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners