Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What made you choose a Blackwing and what else did you consider?

We must have had very different experiences as the mag ride Caddy's are world's better than the very firm RS5 suspension. It's not even a comparison, so I'm at a loss for why you felt the RS5 suspension was so compliant?

Couldn't tell you. I've been in a 20 and 21 and both felt a bit softer over broken pavement than the 4BW. I have no idea if they had the adaptive dampers options though as I did not ask.

I know some of you guys here have a Porsche 911 and I would like some feed back as I'm starting to fall in love with that car..... I might be talked into selling both BW and getting one...

I know some of you guys here have a Porsche 911 and I would like some feed back as I'm starting to fall in love with that car..... I might be talked into selling both BW and getting one...
Great minds lol but I can only afford a lowly Cayman. Aiming to get a GT4 before they get too outrageous. Idc if the gears are too long it sounds and drives like a dream

Family owned car I drive frequently -
'06 Carrera 4. Great driver car. Sports car. Very grippy to the road. Very quick. Gear rowing is sturdy. I love the sound of Porsches engines.
Compared to:
5BW. Great driver car. Luxury, muscle, sports car. Gets loose if your not careful, otherwise very grippy to the road. Very VERY quick. Gear rowing is smooth and sturdy. I love the sounds of the LT4 (can't hear the fucking supercharger at all as a driver)

Family owned car I drive frequently -
'06 Carrera 4. Great driver car. Sports car. Very grippy to the road. Very quick. Gear rowing is sturdy. I love the sound of Porsches engines.
Compared to:
5BW. Great driver car. Luxury, muscle, sports car. Gets loose if your not careful, otherwise very grippy to the road. Very VERY quick. Gear rowing is smooth and sturdy. I love the sounds of the LT4 (can't hear the fucking supercharger at all as a driver)
Thanks for the feedback!

Great minds lol but I can only afford a lowly Cayman. Aiming to get a GT4 before they get too outrageous. Idc if the gears are too long it sounds and drives like a dream
I just built a 911 GT3, and damn.....Both BW's would have to go for sure...

I just built a 911 GT3, and damn.....Both BW's would have to go for sure...
What gets me is building it, seeing $180k price. Then seeing used ones for $295k.

Saw a guy on a Porsche forum selling a Cayman GT4 RS allocation for $75k... The car is around $120k.. 62% ADM.. Just for the allocation. You can spec it higher than $120k if you want to

What gets me is building it, seeing $180k price. Then seeing used ones for $295k.

Saw a guy on a Porsche forum selling a Cayman GT4 RS allocation for $75k... The car is around $120k.. 62% ADM.. Just for the allocation. You can spec it higher than $120k if you want to
62% ADM? Well that puts it out of my range..... Probably could not get an allocation anyway, damn...

I just drove a 4.0 gts with MT, that engine is a thing of beauty. I love my blackwing, but I have an itch to contact a local dealer and see what the allocation situation is like.

I just drove a 4.0 gts with MT, that engine is a thing of beauty. I love my blackwing, but I have an itch to contact a local dealer and see what the allocation situation is like.
Sorry to inform you but I contacted my local dealer as soon as i got the itch and they said there are no more GTS or GT4 allocations. The only Cayman being built is the GT4 RS until the next generation comes around

62% ADM? Well that puts it out of my range..... Probably could not get an allocation anyway, damn...
You and me both. The dealer I contacted said Cayman generally always sells $15k-$20k over. I imagine the 911 would be the same and add more as you go up the levels.

It's crazy the used ones (911 GT3) are going around double the MSRP

I just saw one in Dallas, 2021 911 gt3 with 400 miles pre-Owned 400K...
That's insane. Must be a special VIN or something. 1 of 1 paint? Idk. The few I've seen were $294k... Sewell has 3 now I think

Edit - never mind I don't see any at Sewell. i swear audi north Houston just had 2 last week lol

Last edited:
That's insane. Must be a special VIN or something. 1 of 1 paint? Idk. The few I've seen were $294k... Sewell has 3 now I think

Edit - never mind I don't see any at Sewell. i swear audi north Houston just had 2 last week lol
I got it wrong, it a 2019 911 GT2 RS..

Sorry to inform you but I contacted my local dealer as soon as i got the itch and they said there are no more GTS or GT4 allocations. The only Cayman being built is the GT4 RS until the next generation comes around
I don't think that's right - this seems to indicate otherwise:

I don't think that's right - this seems to indicate otherwise:
I guess I should check a different dealer then, because I would definitely settle settle for a 718 Cayman GTS lol I don't have to have the GT4 just give me that glorious flat six and 3 pedals

911 and cayman/boxster a very fun cars to own/drive. 911s in particular are fun on the track not many things feel like them with the engine hanging off the ass end of the car. It’s a love hate thing, most love it. I’m still waiting to pick up my blackwing but on paper they serve totally different purposes. The blackwing will be my daily kid hauler. The 911 is a weekend fun car. If you get a base carrera or carrera S could serve as a daily. I used to daily my carrera s but got rid of it for a gt3. My gt3 is not suitable for daily duties. Between the ride and bucket seats, which are fantastic once you are in them, but a pain to get in and out of its more of a special occasion ride. 9k redline and three pedals is kinda special. I also have a 718 Spyder and that car is a hoot and a spectacular value. Will be interesting to see how the blackwing fits into the family.

2023 gt4 boxster/cayman GTS and spyder production is NOT done. Allocations are still being released but they are few and far between. Good luck.

911 and cayman/boxster a very fun cars to own/drive. 911s in particular are fun on the track not many things feel like them with the engine hanging off the ass end of the car. It’s a love hate thing, most love it. I’m still waiting to pick up my blackwing but on paper they serve totally different purposes. The blackwing will be my daily kid hauler. The 911 is a weekend fun car. If you get a base carrera or carrera S could serve as a daily. I used to daily my carrera s but got rid of it for a gt3. My gt3 is not suitable for daily duties. Between the ride and bucket seats, which are fantastic once you are in them, but a pain to get in and out of its more of a special occasion ride. 9k redline and three pedals is kinda special. I also have a 718 Spyder and that car is a hoot and a spectacular value. Will be interesting to see how the blackwing fits into the family.

2023 gt4 boxster/cayman GTS and spyder production is NOT done. Allocations are still being released but they are few and far between. Good luck.
Let's see some pics.

Thanks for the information!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners