Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

reasons I think (unfortunately) our Blackwing-5's won't be the 'collector cars' with huge resale over time some think.....

This is my biggest complaint regarding 5BW.
I could choose from a few vehicles to drive on any given day, and I . . . CAN . . . NOT. . . STOP. . . . . choosing this one:
View attachment 16184
Mine is I couldnt stop going into a gas station. My drive is a 25 mile drive to work each way and I'd go thru 2 tanks a week. Thats not including my weekends if I decide to go do C&Cs and other car shenanigans.

He pulled the constraints report for CT5 and showed me how GM is deliberately not building BW's for the month of January. For BW the constraint type is 'controlled allocation' and the timeframe is 'indefinite'.

I did some googling about "controlled allocation". Found a 15-year-old post on a Corvette forum. That post said "controlled allocation" did not mean GM was artificially reducing supply. It said that during times when demand was known to exceed supply (which is the case now), GM applies a strategy for how to allocate vehicles to dealers rather than giving every dealer everything it wants.

If that old post was accurate, then the dealer did not tell us anything we did not already know.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back