Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

reasons I think (unfortunately) our Blackwing-5's won't be the 'collector cars' with huge resale over time some think.....

I remember back in the 1970's when Caddilac made the claim their Eldorado convertible would be the last convertible built.
What is old has a way of becoming new again.
I saw a '76 Eldo convertible for sale this morning. 58k mi for $40k OBO so there's that.

Buying a car as an investment to make big money in thirty years is not a great plan. Most of the opportunity to make money is in buying and selling cars as you would typically do with other financial assets.

Buying a car as an investment to make big money in thirty years is not a great plan. Most of the opportunity to make money is in buying and selling cars as you would typically do with other financial assets.
+1 but I don't think the majority here have it in mind that this is a great investment. It's a car that will only depreciate for now. Besides the cost of storage and maybe even insurance over a couple decades would potentially wipe out any appreciation it had. Just wishful thinking that we may be sitting on something big some day..

My V Wagon is a 2011, manual, Recaro, no sunroof car. It's got 54k miles now. I still drive it once a week whether it needs it or not. ;)
wow, you are a lucky man to have a V Wagon. It was on my list before the BW came along. BTW, what aircraft did you fly in the USAF (and thanks for your service!)?

If you're worried what a car is gonna be worth in 20 years, you're in the wrong hobby. Until we know what the production numbers will be at the end of the run and what happens in 15-20 years with availability of gas, will dictate demand. If gas prices continues to rise, demand for gas guzzling gas powered cars will drop.

You cant compare these to V2 Wagons, less than 2000 wagons were made in the 4 year run of it and less than 360iirc were manuals. They already made ~1640 5BW for MY22. Production should go till MY2025 at least, I'd imagine we'd at least hit 5K produced in the 4 year run.

Much like our ATS-V's. They only made a hair more than 4000 during the 4 year run.

I bought my 5 because I love having almost 700hp with a 6MT, the styling, fits 6' adults in back seat, has a trunk, rides and handles better than almost anything out there. Did I mention almost 700hp with a stick?
I'm not a flipper, bought it to drive. Let my wife worry about it's value and resale after I'm dead and buried.

Except you don't put down almost 700 hp. 624 at the wheels is what I've seen on a GM Authority video. 700 crank maybe. Our ATS-V's are making 630 and ~700 whp.

Just to counter the OP's assertion...

While talking with my Chevy dealer yesterday about my Camaro ZLE order, he mentioned he had a BW5 on order, so we started talking about BW.

He pulled the constraints report for CT5 and showed me how GM is deliberately not building BW's for the month of January. For BW the constraint type is 'controlled allocation' and the timeframe is 'indefinite'.

While talking with my Chevy dealer yesterday about my Camaro ZLE order, he mentioned he had a BW5 on order, so we started talking about BW.

He pulled the constraints report for CT5 and showed me how GM is deliberately not building BW's for the month of January. For BW the constraint type is 'controlled allocation' and the timeframe is 'indefinite'.
Blackwing = Limited production!
boom smile GIF

Except you don't put down almost 700 hp. 624 at the wheels is what I've seen on a GM Authority video. 700 crank maybe. Our ATS-V's are making 630 and ~700 whp.
People don't buy Gen1 Vipers because they made 400 hp stock. They buy them because they were a dying breed and what the car meant to enthusiast culture. No computer driver assists, 6 speed, and a NA V10. I think the 5BW with 6M is bound for a similar destiny (as mentioned with the manual wagon V's). All due respect, enthusiasts look for relatively unmolested cars - not heavily modified cars that make 60% more HP than the manufacturer intended.

I realize you aren't saying your ATS is going to be a collector car, but coming through this feed to knock a "700 hp" comment is not needed. If the car makes 624 whp, and has a very respectable 10% drivetrain loss, you are looking at 690-700 crank hp. Tap out and other companies have achieved near 700 whp with ported blower and throttle body. So I'm not sure what your point is about your ATS making 700 hp.

I'm just curious what the point in your "correction" was all about.

Maybe they decided they needed to deliver the loads of Blackwing's that were piling up waiting to be delivered before they make any more. Looks like things are breaking free on the delivery side which should be good for future production.

Maybe they decided they needed to deliver the loads of Blackwing's that were piling up waiting to be delivered before they make any more. Looks like things are breaking free on the delivery side which should be good for future production.
LOL, see post #32...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners