Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Fraud Cases and Blackwing Orders

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
I wanted to start a thread about this as I'm just realizing this may become an issue with some people's Blackwing orders as I'm not entirely clear how Cadillac is handling the orders when they're input at the dealer level.

In this thread:

Cadillac reached out to @Mike zulu18 to clarify a discrepancy with his order that was flagged.

I first learned of a related issue with C8 Corvette orders and I'm not sure if this situation is related to the same issue some C8 Corvette orders saw.

When a dealer enters an order in GM's Global Connect system, upon submission the dealer can print the order out showing the order number. On the printout, the name or address might be incorrect.

If at any time, you ordered another GM vehicle be it Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick or GMC, and then you moved at some point after placing that order - when you go to place a new GM car order, even though the dealer enters your current mailing address, the printout will show the previous address you lived at.

This is a bug in GM's Global Connect system and I can assure you they are well aware of it after dealing with two years of C8 Corvette orders. Last I heard, GM was working on a fix, but I haven't heard anything since.

Rest assured, this will not slow your order down or screw up the final paperwork that you have to sign upon taking delivery of your Blackwing. The dealership will have your current address and contact information and all of that information will populate across all of your dealership paperwork as well as title, financing documentation etc.

Now, I can't speak first hand about @Mike zulu18 's situation with another person with the same name in another city. I don't know what the triggers are in GM's system to populate order documentation.

I'm merely mentioning this here as an FYI as I can see this being a potential source of confusion with customers as it has been for customers ordering C8 Corvettes.

My suggestion is that if you notice an issue with your name or address on contact information on your order sheet - let your dealer know and have them notify their District Sales Manager. The issue needs to be escalated so that GM finally fixes the problem in their Global Connect System if they haven't already done so.

I wanted to start a thread about this as I'm just realizing this may become an issue with some people's Blackwing orders as I'm not entirely clear how Cadillac is handling the orders when they're input at the dealer level.

In this thread:

Cadillac reached out to @Mike zulu18 to clarify a discrepancy with his order that was flagged.

I first learned of a related issue with C8 Corvette orders and I'm not sure if this situation is related to the same issue some C8 Corvette orders saw.

When a dealer enters an order in GM's Global Connect system, upon submission the dealer can print the order out showing the order number. On the printout, the name or address might be incorrect.

If at any time, you ordered another GM vehicle be it Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick or GMC, and then you moved at some point after placing that order - when you go to place a new GM car order, even though the dealer enters your current mailing address, the printout will show the previous address you lived at.

This is a bug in GM's Global Connect system and I can assure you they are well aware of it after dealing with two years of C8 Corvette orders. Last I heard, GM was working on a fix, but I haven't heard anything since.

Rest assured, this will not slow your order down or screw up the final paperwork that you have to sign upon taking delivery of your Blackwing. The dealership will have your current address and contact information and all of that information will populate across all of your dealership paperwork as well as title, financing documentation etc.

Now, I can't speak first hand about @Mike zulu18 's situation with another person with the same name in another city. I don't know what the triggers are in GM's system to populate order documentation.

I'm merely mentioning this here as an FYI as I can see this being a potential source of confusion with customers as it has been for customers ordering C8 Corvettes.

My suggestion is that if you notice an issue with your name or address on contact information on your order sheet - let your dealer know and have them notify their District Sales Manager. The issue needs to be escalated so that GM finally fixes the problem in their Global Connect System if they haven't already done so.
I have two orders in workbench for a 5 at 2 different dealers. One dealer is 4 hours away but they are a larger v dealer and think being on their waitlist, i would have a better chance with allocations given to them. The other dealer is local to me but they are not just a caddy dealership but im first in line if they get an allocation. I went and checked the two orders and noticed that at the local dealer the name and address is for my son (same name as me) in upstate ny. I will call that dealer tomorrow to get changed to my address in georgia Is there anything wrong with having orders in at more then one dealer?

I have two orders in workbench for a 5 at 2 different dealers. One dealer is 4 hours away but they are a larger v dealer and think being on their waitlist, i would have a better chance with allocations given to them. The other dealer is local to me but they are not just a caddy dealership but im first in line if they get an allocation. I went and checked the two orders and noticed that at the local dealer the name and address is for my son (same name as me) in upstate ny. I will call that dealer tomorrow to get changed to my address. Is there anything wrong with having orders in at more then one dealer?
No. Some people have orders in for a new Corvette at three different dealerships hoping they have a better chance of getting one built ASAP.

It's a pain in the ass for the dealers, because if one order goes through, then the customer requests a deposit refund from the other two dealers which costs the dealers, time, paperwork and a stamp to mail your refund back.

Just keep in mind, you're playing Russian Roulette. If by chance more than one order gets pulled, you better hope it doesn't jump from 1100 to 3000 in 48 hours before one of the orders can be cancelled. Once they hit 3000, come hell or high water (in most cases) those cars are getting built, and the dealer is under no obligation to give you your deposit back on the one(s) you cancel.

In this thread:

I have two orders in workbench for a 5 at 2 different dealers. One dealer is 4 hours away but they are a larger v dealer and think being on their waitlist, i would have a better chance with allocations given to them. The other dealer is local to me but they are not just a caddy dealership but im first in line if they get an allocation. I went and checked the two orders and noticed that at the local dealer the name and address is for my son (same name as me) in upstate ny. I will call that dealer tomorrow to get changed to my address. Is there anything wrong with having orders in at more then one
No. Some people have orders in for a new Corvette at three different dealerships hoping they have a better chance of getting one built ASAP.

It's a pain in the ass for the dealers, because if one order goes through, then the customer requests a deposit refund from the other two dealers which costs the dealers, time, paperwork and a stamp to mail your refund back.

Just keep in mind, you're playing Russian Roulette. If by chance more than one order gets pulled, you better hope it doesn't jump from 1100 to 3000 in 48 hours before one of the orders can be cancelled. Once they hit 3000, come hell or high water (in most cases) those cars are getting built, and the dealer is under no obligation to give you your deposit back on the one(s) you cancel.
thanls rob, all good points…. Luckily i only have one deposit at one of the two dealers. Aside from these two dealers which generated my orders before the proce amd build tool went live, when it did go live, i built my car at two differemt times and chose 6 dealers within a 2 hour ride from me. They all contacted me. A couple were charging over msrp, the ones who were not, i told them when and if they get their allocation contact me. I

Reactions: Rob

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners