Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V You wait and then you get lucky.

CT5-V Model

Leadfoot

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I am relatively late to the party in becoming aware of what great cars Cadillac has in the Blackwings. I am a hardcore fast car guy, and have had M3, M5, M6 and currently have a chipped Audi S8, and a 911 Turbo S with a few mods (both finally paid off 😁). The Audi is getting a little long in the tooth (2013) and even though it only has 34k miles I am terrified something will break and I will regret keeping it so long, because repairs on the car are insanely expensive. (Someone knocked off my mirror and it cost 5k to replace😳😳😳 so what would a major issue cost?)

I had wanted to get an electric car, I know people here don’t get excited about them, but for me, I have had a lot of great ICE cars and it was just something different. I considered every fast one available and just didn’t find one I could get excited about. Then one day I came across a review video on the CT5 Blackwing, and the reviewer just raved about the car and about how fun it was to drive, and the throught of a 680hp car with a manual and an amazing chassis was irresistible to me, and I was hooked I went down the rabbit whole and obsessively watched every video and piece of content about the car, read the forums and just got that familiar feeling of very badly wanting the car. I quickly realised they were nearly impossible to get, and so I placed an order for a 2023 black, manual (minimally specced to avoid it not being built) back in July, and was consigned to the fact I would be waiting a long time to actually get one.

Over the next couple months I searched Autotrader nationwide and contacted every detailer who listed a Ct5 Blackwing manual and nobody was willing to sell one to me for less than 15k over MSRP and the majority wanted 20-30k over. Two days ago I got the text and Beverly Hills Cadillac, had a 2023 Electric Blue Manual that a customer had ordered, but in the meantime had bought another car and wasn’t going to take. I texted my salesperson Kevin back right away and he told me the car had already been sold to someone else. I was super bummed. But low and behold the next day he texted again and he had another customer who couldn’t take their car, and he offered me A 2022 Rift Metallic Manual with the light gray and black suede back seats, carbon ceramic breaks, and Bronze rims and Calipers, Sunroof, and Black capped mirrors. Needless to say, I called him immediately and said I wanted it. He said I had to discuss price with his Manager and if we could agree it was mine. I talked to the manager and he was actually very reasonable which was a shock to me after all the gouging I had experienced with other dealers. He said if I was willing to add a very overpriced ceramic protection package, he would sell me the car at MSRP. This being s 2022 I was already getting s 7k discount over the car I ordered, so it was a no brainer and so I committed immediately.

It is a weird dealer prestige dealer in an office building right in the heart of BH but they do a ton of volume, so they get a lot of Blackwing allocations. They had multiple CT4s and CT5s being prepared for customers while I was there. I was a late order in, but got really lucky and happened to be on the top of the pile when he started calling people about the cancellation. Kevin my salesperson told me they are not accepting any new orders because they already have more orders then cars they will likely get from Cadillac, but If you are in the market for BW in Socal or a western state, I at least recommend calling Kevin at Cadillac of Beverly Hills and getting on his list, because a lot of customers can’t handle the wait and move on, and when cars become available he starts calling people and the first one that will commit on the spot and buy it immediately gets the car. The bad news is the car was being ceramic coated so I got to see it, and I purchased it, but I didn’t get to drive it, or take it home. I am counting the hours until I can pick it up on Friday, and I am so exited and can’t wait to drive it. i never saw myself purchasing a Cadillac, or any American car for that matter. American cars were in a bad place when I got my license in the late 80’s and it is reallly wonderful to see that great cars are actually coming out of the big 3 automakers again.

I will post images and my impressions when I get the car.

I know there are so many of you in the endless wait to get the car, have faith, and make sure you reply immediately when you see your dealers number pop up on your phone. The demand for these cars is ridiculous and cancellations go quick.

😃😃😃

Last edited:
I am relatively late to the party in becoming aware of what great cars Cadillac has in the Blackwings. I am a hardcore fast car guy, and have had M3, M5, M6 and currently have a chipped Audi S8, and a 911 Turbo S with a few mods (both finally paid off 😁). The Audi is getting a little long in the tooth (2013) and even though it only has 34k miles I am terrified something will break and I will regret keeping it so long, because repairs on the car are insanely expensive. (Someone knocked off my mirror and it cost 5k to replace😳😳😳 so what would a major issue cost?) I had wanted to get an electric car, I know people here don’t get excited about them, but for me, I have had a lot of great ICE cars and it was just something different. I considered every fast one available and just didn’t find one I could get excited about. Then one day I came across a review video on the CT5 Blackwing, and the reviewer just raved about the car and about how fun it was to drive, and the throught of a 680hp car with a manual and an amazing chassis was irresistible to me, and I was hooked I went down the rabbit whole and obsessively watched every video and piece of content about the car, read the forums and just got that familiar feeling of very badly wanting the car. I quickly realised they were nearly impossible to get, and so I placed an order for a 2023 black, manual (minimally specced to avoid it not being built) back in July, and was consigned to the fact I would be waiting a long time to actually get one. Over the next couple months I searched Autotrader nationwide and contacted every detailer who listed a Ct5 Blackwing manual and nobody was willing to sell one to me for less than 15k over MSRP and the majority wanted 20-30k over. Two days ago I got the text and Beverly Hills Cadillac, had a 2023 Electric Blue Manual that a customer had ordered, but in the meantime had bought another car and wasn’t going to take. I texted my salesperson Kevin back right away and he told me the car had already been sold to someone else. I was super bummed. But low and behold the next day he texted again and he had another customer who couldn’t take their car, and he offered me A 2022 Rift Metallic Manual with the light gray and black suede back seats, carbon ceramic breaks, and Bronze rims and Calipers, Sunroof, and Black capped mirrors. Needless to say, I called him immediately and said I wanted it. He said I had to discuss price with his Manager and if we could agree it was mine. I talked to the manager and he was actually very reasonable which was a shock to me after all the gouging I had experienced with other dealers. He said if I was willing to add a very overpriced ceramic protection package, he would sell me the car at MSRP. This being s 2022 I was already getting s 7k discount over the car I ordered, so it was a no brainer and so I committed immediately. It is a weird dealer prestige dealer in an office building right in the heart of BH but they do a ton of volume, so they get a lot of Blackwing allocations. They had multiple CT4s and CT5s being prepared for customers while I was there. I was a late order in, but got really lucky and happened to be on the top of the pile when he started calling people about the cancellation. Kevin my salesperson told me they are not accepting any new orders because they already have more orders then cars they will likely get from Cadillac, but If you are in the market for BW in Socal or a western state, I at least recommend calling Kevin at Cadillac of Beverly Hills and getting on his list, because a lot of customers can’t handle the wait and move on, and when cars become available he starts calling people and the first one that will commit on the spot and buy it immediately gets the car. The bad news is the car was being ceramic coated so I got to see it, and I purchased it, but I didn’t get to drive it, or take it home. I am counting the hours until I can pick it up on Friday, and I am so exited and can’t wait to drive it. i never saw myself purchasing a Cadillac, or any American car for that matter. American cars were in a bad place when I got my license in the late 80’s and it is reallly wonderful to see that great cars are actually coming out of the big 3 automakers again. I will post images and my impressions when I get the car. I know there are so many of you in the endless wait to get the car, have faith, and make sure you reply immediately when you see your dealers number pop up on your phone. The demand for these cars is ridiculous and cancellations go quick.

😃😃😃
Hopefully, you didn't have any plans for PPF as it's my understanding that you can't put PPF over ceramic.

Fantastic! I think... line breaks Sir! Line breaks! :LOL:
The easy wall of text pisstakes aside, genuinely fantastic stuff! I think the Blackwings have brought a bunch of new folks to Caddy that never would have considered it before.

Like you, I've never had a car from one of the big 3, but 4k miles in with my 4BW and it's almost all smiles, hopefully your journey is the same!

Last edited:
Welcome! And congrats.

i never saw myself purchasing a Cadillac, or any American car for that matter. American cars were in a bad place when I got my license in the late 80’s and it is reallly wonderful to see that great cars are actually coming out of the big 3 automakers again.

Same for me (except early 80s on the license).

Congrats on the car, but...

1666808827588.png

Jimmy Fallon Mood GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

No but seriously, welcome!

Congrats! Timing is everything in life and when it's meant to be, well that's even better. :beer

View attachment 13723

View attachment 13723

It is still long and rambling but I inserted some line breaks to make it a little more readable.
Hopefully, you didn't have any plans for PPF as it's my understanding that you can't put PPF over ceramic.
I had no choice they were already in the middle of applying the coating when I bought it. Small compromise to make.

I had no choice they were already in the middle of applying the coating when I bought it. Small compromise to make.
And when it is paint corrected (if it needs it) they will remove the CC and you can then do what you want.

Congratulations on your find! I had a similar experience and got a Rift color 2022. Getting ready to ceramic coat it next weekend. Enjoy!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back