Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

where to buy rear diff fluid

Carguyshu

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
My blackwing should be here soon and I'm trying to get everything together that I'll need to get things track prepped including diff fluid to change after the first 1500 miles/track day. The GM Part # is 19418501, but no online GM parts website will ship it saying that is it considered a hazardous material. Any other place someone has found to buy besides the local dealer? From them the retail price is like $60/bottle

Can anybody confirm if the gear oil for the 5 BW is the same as the V3 CTS-V??

If so, you can get something from RockAuto for $7.69/quart: 2017 CADILLAC CTS 6.2L V8 Supercharged Gear Oil | RockAuto

I ended up running around like you and in the end decided to go to my dealership. Was contemplating the closer Chevy dealer but ended up going to Bellevue Cadillac and glad I did! As a regular customer of sales/parts/accessories they gave me the fluid as a gift! Pretty smart on their part - I just placed a Lyriq AWD order with them today based on the great sales and service experiences.

Here is what the dealership gave me for the 5BW. Doesn't seem to correlate to what RockAuto shows so I'm not sure who is right...

Attachments

• 16529145873764935570745708788050.jpg
    11 MB · Views: 205
Here is what the dealership gave me for the 5BW. Doesn't seem to correlate to what RockAuto shows so I'm not sure who is right...
this is the correct GM part number on the bottom left

Was about 1.5 quarts. Also, I used a 14mm hex socket which was a surprise (expected to use just the bare ratchet.)

My blackwing should be here soon and I'm trying to get everything together that I'll need to get things track prepped including diff fluid to change after the first 1500 miles/track day. The GM Part # is 19418501, but no online GM parts website will ship it saying that is it considered a hazardous material. Any other place someone has found to buy besides the local dealer? From them the retail price is like $60/bottle
My local dealer (Genesis St. Clair Shores, MI) was able to match the much better pricing I found online. Just showed them my phone with a cart of lube and their pricing.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back