Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tracking your V-Performance Ride = Big $$$

jodakid69

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BW
Hello forum members.

We are all aware that running our baby "on track" increases vehicle maintenance costs. However, I was surprised at how much my CT4V-BW is costing for maintenance. In full disclosure, I am comparing my Cadillac track day running cost to my prior experience with a new BMW M2 Comp that I tracked just prior to my CT4V-BW purchase. The mileage when I sold the M2 was around 5500 after owning it for 18 months. My total maintenance cost for the BMW for 4 track days @ NJMP was for 1 oil change which was around $200 at the BMW dealer and 1 broken windshield = $700. I scrubbed the track tire graining from the tires with a sander and I sold it with the original tires, pads, rotors, etc. I did not change out the brake fluid or do a track alignment. It was bone stock. Ignorance is bliss and I got away with it.

For the CT4V-BW I have 5 track days down and a total maintenance bill of around $4300. I am aware that after a few more sessions, the BMW's maintenance cost would have caught up with me. Below is my breakdown. Also note that $1000 of that current cost is associated with the Cadillac's front suspension reconfiguration, which is a one-time cost. The other elephant in the room is the high cost of dealer/third-party maintenance versus those owners that can do their own maintenance. Unfortunately, I am not qualified and I do not currently have the facilities to do my own work, even a simple oil change. I am sure that the one dealer that I found that would do track prep charged me a premium on some of these services.

My service/maintenance breakdown is shown below to help others plan accordingly:

Service DescriptionPart DescriptionQuantityPart #Part(s) CostLabor Cost
Front Brake Pad ReplacementFront Brake Pad1 SetEBC - DP81853.15SR11$306$300
Front Brake Pad ReplacementBrake Pad Bolt Thread LockTubeGM #19369733$12
Rear Brake Pad ReplacementRear Brake Pad1 SetEBC - DP83023.15SR11$215$300
Transmission Fluid ReplacementTransmission Fluid4 QTTremec HP-MTF$97$289
Brake Fluid ReplacementBrake Fluid2 QTCastrol SRF Brake fluid$150$194
Read Differential eLSD Fluid ReplacementAC Delco Gear Oil2 QTGM #19418501$120$113
Brake Cooling Duct InstallFront Brake Cooling Duct1 SetProvided with New VehicleN/CN/C
Track Spec Four-Wheel AlignmentN/AN/AN/AN/C$234
Configure Front Suspension for TrackN/AN/AN/AN/C$1,090
Engine Oil ReplacementAC Delco Oil 5W30 DEXOS7 QTGM #19420080N/CN/C
Engine Oil ReplacementAC Delco Oil Filter1GM #19419227N/CN/C
Engine Oil ReplacementMobil 1 Supercar Oil 0W 407 QTUPC 071924471115$124$25
Front Tire ReplacementMichelin Pilot Sport 4S2255/35ZR18 XL$660$47
Total Maintenance for 5 track days - (30) 20 minute sessions
$1,684​
$2,592​

Here is the front suspension item:
1688087175426.png

I also have light to moderate brake vibration so I might have some slight rotor damage(warping). I am living with it for now and I will see how it behaves after my first session with the new track pads. I am hoping that I can make my current rotors last through my 5 July track days (30) more 20-minute sessions. After those 5 sessions, I am planning on changing out all 4 tires, front rotors and motor oil. Maybe the track front pads will last the season. So the planned maintenance cost after another 5 track days would be $1200 for tires, $1600 for rotors, and $150 for the oil change. My best estimate for 10 track days is around $7000.

Track day costs per day = $300 registration, $100 fuel, $700 maintenance, $400 track day insurance if purchased for the year = $1500/day

Last edited:
Not being able to do your own work on the car definitely drives up the cost. If you could do most of the labor, then you’re paying half. The labor cost to push the front dampers inward is ridiculous. It sucks you don’t have the facilities to do it yourself. That’s pretty easy to do at home. I’d push the top hats inward in my garage and get it aligned the next day.

I don't understand the 1k for front suspension configuration, I taught you just punch the pins, lossen the top plate, push them as far as you can and get an alignment done. It shouldn't be a 1k job.

Anyways thanks for sharing this with us, I am not as diligent as you on keeping my expenses of doing track days.

I can confirm tracking a new BMW is also costly ( I own a 2023 M3) I have a brake cooling kit in the $400, camber plates $600, brake pads $1200 (burned a set or EBC blue for $750) burned a set of used BFG rivals $1200, got some Conti Extreme Force for $2000. Am ready to install M performance coilover conversion $1500+ install.

It's a real rabit hole, I think the 4BW is better because you get it aligned and buy pads and tires that's it if you want, no mods needed vs the BMW.

I don't understand the 1k for front suspension configuration, I taught you just punch the pins, lossen the top plate, push them as far as you can and get an alignment done. It shouldn't be a 1k job.

Anyways thanks for sharing this with us, I am not as diligent as you on keeping my expenses of doing track days.

I can confirm tracking a new BMW is also costly ( I own a 2023 M3) I have a brake cooling kit in the $400, camber plates $600, brake pads $1200 (burned a set or EBC blue for $750) burned a set of used BFG rivals $1200, got some Conti Extreme Force for $2000. Am ready to install M performance coilover conversion $1500+ install.

It's a real rabit hole, I think the 4BW is better because you get it aligned and buy pads and tires that's it if you want, no mods needed vs the BMW.
You are right, I think I got scammed on that item. There is no way that would take 5 hours of tech time to do. There were no parts involved. But once they had the car and I said to do the work they had me.

What in the world… $1000 alignment? What was that for?
Why did you need 4qt Manual Trans Fluid?

The Tremec 6060 calls for 4 qt of fluid.

1688088162354.png

I was afraid that I was 1 qt short for the cooler. You cannot get 1 qt of the HP-MTF, you need to buy the case. The dealer did the fluid change with the 4 qts that I provided:

1688088018794.png

Your brake vibration is probably 99% pad deposit, I had it worsening with the EBC Blue and it went away when I installed the Pagid and they hate trough the layer that was uneven.

Drive your car on the street with the SR11 and after a while they should eat trough the OEM pad layer.

I agree with your numbers.
Now I'm in need of all 4 tires (9000 mi), and in CA track day insurance is closer to $400/day!

I agree with your numbers.
Now I'm in need of all 4 tires (9000 mi), and in CA track day insurance is closer to $400/day!
$400? Send me the quote - I got quoted $800/day for my 5V

Oh no, the alignment was another $234. The $1090 was for the front suspension modification work.
Guess I’m confused - what front suspension modification was needed? I’m prepping my 5V for VIR and haven’t sent anything about suspension

The Tremec 6060 calls for 4 qt of fluid.

View attachment 19892

I was afraid that I was 1 qt short for the cooler. You cannot get 1 qt of the HP-MTF, you need to buy the case. The dealer did the fluid change with the 4 qts that I provided:

View attachment 19891
So it wasn’t a fluid change, you were just adding 1qt to be safe? I have an M6 so just making sure I check all the boxes. Haha

Attachments

• IMG_4198.png
    IMG_4198.png
    425 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4197.png
    IMG_4197.png
    424.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4196.png
    IMG_4196.png
    417.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4195.png
    IMG_4195.png
    353.8 KB · Views: 44
Guess I’m confused - what front suspension modification was needed? I’m prepping my 5V for VIR and haven’t sent anything about suspension
Check in your owner's manual for a section - Track Events and Competitive Driving (V-Series and V-Series
Blackwing) ... You might need to add the front brake cooling ducts (CT4V-BW). This is the one time setup that then allows track wheel alignment :

1688092908384.png

1688092936265.png

Ce

If you are going to VIR for the Cadillac V-Club event, I will be there on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd.

Check in your owner's manual for a section - Track Events and Competitive Driving (V-Series and V-Series
Blackwing) ... You might need to add the front brake cooling ducts (CT4V-BW). This is the one time setup that then allows track wheel alignment :

View attachment 19900
View attachment 19901
Ce
But they have the cooling duct kit install included on a different line item for no charge. Surely the plastics being installed wasn’t $1000. It has nothing to do with suspension either.

And yes I’ll be at VIR - look forward to meeting you. It’ll be my first HPDE as it’s before my trip to Spring Mountain and never done a track event before, just road and drag strip to this point.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back