Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What made you choose a Blackwing and what else did you consider?

50?... how about 100?!
... just saw this a few minutes ago:
Thread 'Tapout Tuning CT4-V Blackwing Blue Belt Performance Package Released!' Tapout Tuning CT4-V Blackwing Blue Belt Performance Package Released!
Yeah I saw that. I'm willing to hold out for flash tuning. I don't plan on voiding my warranty anyway and the car won't be here til November. Still plenty of time. It took 4 years for the B58 to get flash tuning. I'm a patient (but often impatient) man. :)
If nothing comes out, I'll probably bite the bullet as we have a great local LF4 tuner here in Austin that should be able to work with Tapout if/when that time arrives.

I was originally looking into a Golf R as I wanted something I could drive year round and at msrp it was in my price range. When I saw the market adjustments people were paying and the wait times I decided to move a bit upscale and order a CT4 Blackwing. Of course I'm still waiting for that too but if and when it ever does arrive I'll pay msrp. I picked up a beater truck to drive in the meantime.

Looked at the Giulia QV (love it, wish there was a GOOD manual outside Europe), G80 M3, Cayman GT4, 911 GTS, and a C63. Manual option got me slimmed down a bit to the M3, Porsche offerings, and the 4 BW. After hearing Porsche needed a non-refundable 25k relationship fee and a year or two for the 911, BMW had me on a waitlist since early 2021 that you only move up on by being friends with the owner (company CEO I work for made a call for me) I got more serious about the Cadillac. Porsche might have taken the crown on a 911 GTS as it's a spectacular driving car. No idea on the G80 as their test M3 was just too exotic for someone like me to drive... this is after being tossed the keys to a 911 GTS and a used Turbo they got in on trade "just in case" at Porsche. I'd take the turbo buuuut 200k is still a bit too rich for my blood. GTS was also used, auto, and going for more than a new one. Pass.

4 BW is one of the best driving cars I've owned. I'd take it handily over my Boxster just because it isn't quite as murderous. Granted mine is stripped out with Bilstein PSS1's and a super aggressive track alignment, all in it weighs a massive 2500 lbs. It's fun but you need to be there 110% or you're going to be looking down the wrong way of the track.

I had an order (1100 status) on a 2023 ZL1 1LE when I realized the more responsible decision (father of 2 with a potential for a third) would be a sedan. With the same powertrain and platform, the CT5 BW seemed like the obvious choice. Placed order in July, just waiting for the call that it’s been accepted! I’ll hang around the Goat rodeo until then. Long time lurker, first time poster here. Hoping to join the club…

I had an order (1100 status) on a 2023 ZL1 1LE when I realized the more responsible decision (father of 2 with a potential for a third) would be a sedan. With the same powertrain and platform, the CT5 BW seemed like the obvious choice. Placed order in July, just waiting for the call that it’s been accepted! I’ll hang around the Goat rodeo until then. Long time lurker, first time poster here. Hoping to join the club…

Smart move. If you can afford the BW5, it is a better all around performance sedan. The tech is also better in the Blackwings. Magride 4.0, V-Mode, My Mode, better steering wheel, nicer gauges, much better visibility, better PS4S tires for the street, etc. The ZL1 1LE suspension is tough to enjoy as a daily. It is a hardcore track DSSV suspension setup. The regular ZL1 is more livable with the magride but still beats you up pretty good.

I recently sold my ZL1 for a 4BW. If I could swing the price for the 5BW I would but the 4BW is pretty sweet. Plenty of power and feels much more nimble than my ZL1 did. For the street it is a much more enjoyable car to drive.

Best of luck.

I traded my 2015 RH2 SS 6mt for this 2022 4v matte-green BW...was dreaming of the 5v with the 6sp BUT this slightly used matte-green 4v automatic came up in the local search...too bad it was not a 6sp (may have to snag a manual in the future). Although this 10sp is pretty darn quick and extremely agile...

Bringing this thread back around since the G87 M2 was just leaked.. And it is NOT pretty lol

There may be some BMW guys who have those first couple of years of the F87 M2, the non comp models, looking to get into a 4BW in the near future. I'm still planning to go through with my G87 order but seems a good number of F87 owners on bimmerpost already don't plan on getting one (at least not right away)

Bringing this thread back around since the G87 M2 was just leaked.. And it is NOT pretty lol

There may be some BMW guys who have those first couple of years of the F87 M2, the non comp models, looking to get into a 4BW in the near future. I'm still planning to go through with my G87 order but seems a good number of F87 owners on bimmerpost already don't plan on getting one (at least not right away)
I was on some early lists for the G87 and man... I'm glad I jumped on the 4BW when I found one.

That deadon rear view is awful.
I'm always an end than start of production person (although I do have a '22 4BW) so maybe between 2027-29 it'll grow on me. But there's my 4BW and a CTR before then.

I'd probably jump to an M240i if I wanted a 2 series and saw that leak. Not sure how they got it that wrong, if it's the actual car. Honestly looks like someone saw the camo'd car and then made the kit at home out of play-doh.

I was on some early lists for the G87 and man... I'm glad I jumped on the 4BW when I found one.
I'm #4 at my dealer and expected to be in the first round. Honestly it'll depend on the cost of it. If I'm looking at 80k with options then no way.
I'd probably jump to an M240i if I wanted a 2 series and saw that leak. Not sure how they got it that wrong, if it's the actual car. Honestly looks like someone saw the camo'd car and then made the kit at home out of play-doh.
It's the driving experience I'm looking for. I've already got my mind set on a F87 CS or Cayman GT4. This is a "good enough" until those get into a range I'm willing to pay

My guess would be $67-72k or so, based on what my build was for the M240i and how much previous M2s were compared to lower models, etc.

The thing that turned me off of the M240i will still prevail on the M2... It's being built in Mexico and they aren't really setup for individualization options like other plants, You are mostly stuck to standard options.

Last edited:

I don't know how BMW managed to make the new M2 uglier than the M3 and M4 without giving the car the ugly snout grill, but somehow they pulled it off. It's a shame because the last gen M2 and M240i were beautiful cars.

My guess would be $67-72k or so, based on what my build was for the M240i and how much previous M2s were compared to lower models, etc.

The thing that turned me off of the M240i will still prevail on the M2... It's being built in Mexico and they aren't really setup for individualization options like other plants, You are mostly stuck to standard options.
Those standard options are (hopefully) going to keep it cheap, relatively speaking. Although the idea of a M car from Mexico doesn't have the same ring to it, I'll take a lower than expected price tag from the cost cutting.

Now if they are cutting costs and still setting high base prices and option prices that's another story

I have been waiting for a Porsche GT3 Touring for 4 years and with such limited availability coupled with outrageous market adjustment costs, I gave up. I love Porsche but I also love sedans and so looking for a fast sedan I stumbled upon the BW from talking cars while at a cars and coffee, did some research on the BW5 and was able to locate one so for me I *think* it will be the right choice. Never having seen one, sat in one, or driven one in person, I will find out soon enough if I was right ;-)

I don't know how BMW managed to make the new M2 uglier than the M3 and M4 without giving the car the ugly snout grill

We seem to be in one of those phases where automotive design is just getting more overwrought and uglier. Like in the mid-80s, when we had the Z31 300ZX and the 2nd gen RX-7.

BMW design has been on a steady decline since the E46 and E39. The new WRX is an abomination. The C8 Corvette just might be the ugliest mid-engine car ever made. Except for the Maverick, every single pickup truck on sale today is uglier than the model it replaced, as manufacturers plaster them with massive grills in pursuit of the "bro-dozer" aesthetic.

One of the things I like about the 4BW is how clean the design is. Better-looking than the ATS-V, to my eyes. And the interior is cleaner than just about anything except the new Honda Civic and some of the stuff Mazda is doing.

Last edited:
We seem to be in one of those phases where automotive design is just getting more overwrought and uglier. Like in the mid-80s, when we had the Z31 300ZX and the 2nd gen RX-7.

BMW design has been on a steady decline since the E46 and E39. The new WRX is an abomination. The C8 Corvette just might the ugliest mid-engine car ever made. Except for the Maverick, every single pickup truck on sale today is uglier than the model it replaced, as manufacturers plaster them with massive grills in pursuit of the "bro-dozer" aesthetic.

One of the things I like about the 4BW is how clean the design is. Better-looking than the ATS-V, to my eyes. And the interior is cleaner than just about anything except the new Honda Civic and some of the stuff Mazda is doing.
The door handles though...

I had a 2019 Bullitt that I bought during peak COVID. In August of '21 I had a major health scare at which point I decided to live a little bolder. I wanted a Porsche 911 but that was after the price of used vehicles started shooting through the roof. So I decided to settle on a new BMW M3.

I took over an order at the local dealership that was placed in September and was #2 on the list. Fast forward to April, still no allocation and my wife and I were sharing her 4Runner and I needed another car before she got out of school for the summer. At that point I started broadening my search for other performance cars. Got very close to buying a Toyota Supra but then drove a Miata which I fell in love with. Found a Miata in May, lightly modified it, and enjoyed life.

Unfortunately as a family of three, the Miata wasn't going to be a good long term solution. Started refocusing on 4 door performance sedans. Test drove a 2014 M5 and 2022 CT4-V (non Blackwing) and placed an order with the dealership that day as I figured the Blackwing would deliver exactly what I wanted. Kept looking and found my Blackwing at a dealer in NC and did the deal.

Due to the long wait I almost purchased a 2021 BMW M5 Comp with low miles. Luckily the dealer didn’t take my offer and 2 weeks later my allocation came for my 5BW. This next day the BMW dealer called asking if I’d consider another offer.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back