Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What’s next?

savethemanual

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V blackwing
I know we all love our cars and are going to hold on to them forever but we’re also compulsive car shoppers and some folks here must be coming up on 3 years with their cars. What’s next for you folks?

Personally for me the ct4 v blackwing is so good it has ruled out a lot of cars I thought I might get in the future( c7/c8 corvette, Camaros(ss), even a base/s 718)

The only cars I consider upgrades now are the c8 z06, a 911, cayman gts/gt4 and of course the ct5 blackwing.

It’s a good problem to have but the damn blackwing has spoilt me for future cars.

I know we all love our cars and are going to hold on to them forever but we’re also compulsive car shoppers and some folks here must be coming up on 3 years with their cars. What’s next for you folks?

Personally for me the ct4 v blackwing is so good it has ruled out a lot of cars I thought I might get in the future( c7/c8 corvette, Camaros(ss), even a base/s 718)

The only cars I consider upgrades now are the c8 z06, a 911, cayman gts/gt4 and of course the ct5 blackwing.

It’s a good problem to have but the damn blackwing has spoilt me for future cars.
I have the exact same thoughts, to a T. I actually had an allocation for a GTS but after 2 years I'm having a hard time imagining giving up the 4BW. At this point I'm more leaning towards picking up an older sports car as a weekend toy and driving the Blackwing as long as I can.

I have no interest in any car beyond the CT5-V Blackwing, 6MT. I have never piloted a 911 or a 718, and I really want to try, but deep down I know I will never be a "Porsche guy". I regrettably tried a BMW M4 while waiting for my Caddy, and in addition to that car severely lacking driving character, I definitely knew I was not a "BMW guy". So I won't repeat that expensive mistake again.

American power for me :pat

What’s next is a camper van for traveling around the US when I retire. Also will be taking it to the drag strip.

What type of trap speeds do you think you’ll get out of it? :boogie

That’s one of my options too. Might get a NC/ND Miata as a companion to the blackwing.
I have an ND Miata as a second car and I love it. It’s really hard to beat from a driving enjoyment and value perspective. I picked mine up for $31K brand new ~3 years ago and much better deals can be had on used ones now that the market is back to earth. It’s fun to drive normally and I average 35 MPG and it has been extremely reliable, no issues.

I envision my next car purchase as a 911 in a manual. I have always wanted one. I see myself adding this as a 3rd car (many years from now) to join the 4BW and Miata.

I bought a low mileage C6 Corvette, awaiting shipping from the dealer. I'll use it for fun and track days. The BW is too fast (it scares me) and expensive for the track.
What’s next is a camper van for traveling around the US when I retire. Also will be taking it to the drag strip.
A camper van on the drag strip, now that's funny!

In these sunset years of ICE, I'm afraid there isn't anything else on the horizon for me. Is a GT3RS something I would enjoy? Sure, but you lost me on the value proposition. Going forward, it's just going to be electric appliances for my wife to drive around.

I do have a fantasy of getting a flood or salvage Chevy SS and completely transforming it into a dedicated track car. I'm 20 minutes away from Sonoma Raceway (Sears Point...and its in process of getting a full repave as we speak, so stoked!!)

I do have a fantasy of getting a flood or salvage Chevy SS and completely transforming it into a dedicated track car. I'm 20 minutes away from Sonoma Raceway (Sears Point...and its in process of getting a full repave as we speak, so stoked!!)
Why specifically an SS? A c5 or a c6 z06 would make a better track rat.

My stall consists of a 69 Z28 DZ302, a 02 Z06 (S/C'd) and adding a 4BW within a couple of months. After the BW will be a second gen Camaro (70-73) with an LS in it. I'm done after that.

I got rid of my CT5-V Blackwing for an Integra Type S (as well as a check from the dealership, of course), because my 911S will be in by the end of May.
How do you like your type s? Any issue with putting power down? Is it as fun as BW?

Love the new Type S! Test drove one the week they were released this summer. Coming from an FK8 Type R, I was super impressed with the ITS - everything was better about it than my Honda and it still felt just as precise and sharp (other than the seats).

The Type S is incredible. It's still plenty quick and they did a good job of reducing torque steer, and the transmission feels just as good (if not better) than the CT5-V Blackwing. The upside is that it has much more usable power on the street and you can actually go through the gears without hitting triple-digit speeds before you know it. However, it's still front wheel drive, so doesn't have the feel that rear wheel drive gives you. And not being Electric Blue and not having an exhaust as loud as the Blackwing, it flies a little more under the radar (I got the Apex Blue Pearl color).

The Sport+ mode still have the little pops and bangs, so I'm not missing that. Since it has a different exhaust than the Civic Type R (which is essentially is), it's deeper and has a little more growl to it (it's a North American only car, so it doesn't have to meet Euro standards... you're not getting pops and bangs on a Type R without a tune [which I'm too old to do, and have zero desire to modify a car again]).

Is it as fun as the Blackwing? Personally, I enjoy it more, but then again I was around during the heyday of Hondas and Acuras back in the early 90s, so it's exceedingly familiar. I never drove my Blackwing, nor would I ever drive it, like I did at Spring Mountain, but knowing you had 668 supercharged is an intangible that only a few of us understand.

The Porsche has 200 hp less than the Blackwing, but there's only so much power that you can put down on the street. In a couple of years the Integra will become my kids' car, but until then it'll be my daily driver while the 911 sits in the garage like Porsche owners tend to do (I did the same thing with my Blackwing).

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back