Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What’s next?

Attachments

• IMG_5884.jpeg
    IMG_5884.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5885.jpeg
    IMG_5885.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
You’re going to need something a little bigger to tow a Blackwing.

IMG_2925.jpeg

I’m doing more shopping for motorcycles at this point. Looking to trade in my 1250 GS on a 1300 GS. I’m also really intrigued by the new Royal Enfield H452 as something a little smaller and cheaper.

That said, if the 4BW is still around in MY25 and has some updates, I’d still like to add one to the stable.

Other than that, I really wanted a 2200 lb gutted 80s 911 with a 3.6 I saw on BaT for the raw driving experience. I had a similar car a long time ago and really miss it. Maybe at Ariel Atom?

Love the new Type S! Test drove one the week they were released this summer. Coming from an FK8 Type R, I was super impressed with the ITS - everything was better about it than my Honda and it still felt just as precise and sharp (other than the seats).
Did you track both ? I wonder I like both type r and type S. And I have a 4bw But wonder been the weight difference with the 4bw will I get the same lap times?

No track time in either but I love corners and have a decent feel for performance cars. If you look at track times from Laguna, VIR, etc, neither will be as fast on most tracks as the 4BW.

I loved my FK8 a lot and the ITS was an even better car in a lot of ways. Especially if factoring in daily driving. The chassis tuning was sublime in all modes on the Acura.

No track time in either but I love corners and have a decent feel for performance cars. If you look at track times from Laguna, VIR, etc, neither will be as fast on most tracks as the 4BW.

I loved my FK8 a lot and the ITS was an even better car in a lot of ways. Especially if factoring in daily driving. The chassis tuning was sublime in all modes on the Acura.

thanks for the info n I’m planning to have fun and track this one. Feb first even SCCA track day. Also race spec miata that weekend at Sebring

Keep the 4BW and put either a C8 Z06 or 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 next to it.

I think my CT5-V BW manual is it for me since I am only a few years away from retirement. I do have a 997.2 Turbo S in storage (pdk of course) which I might end up selling in the spring depending on the situation. I can't think of any car I would want to replace the BW for.

If Lotus comes out with a hotter version of the current Emira and when Ford releases their manual transmission successor to the GT350/R, those will be 2 cars that will get my attention. Of current cars, the Civic Type R, Integra Type S, and GR Corolla are about it. Any of the cars I just listed would be alongside my 5BW, not to replace. Heck, I would consider a 4BW 6sp to sit next to my 5BW 6sp because they really feel very different to drive.

Not much else on my radar, especially since the new Porsche 911 S/T is just a lottery dream at this point.

The Type S is incredible. It's still plenty quick and they did a good job of reducing torque steer, and the transmission feels just as good (if not better) than the CT5-V Blackwing. The upside is that it has much more usable power on the street and you can actually go through the gears without hitting triple-digit speeds before you know it. However, it's still front wheel drive, so doesn't have the feel that rear wheel drive gives you. And not being Electric Blue and not having an exhaust as loud as the Blackwing, it flies a little more under the radar (I got the Apex Blue Pearl color).

The Sport+ mode still have the little pops and bangs, so I'm not missing that. Since it has a different exhaust than the Civic Type R (which is essentially is), it's deeper and has a little more growl to it (it's a North American only car, so it doesn't have to meet Euro standards... you're not getting pops and bangs on a Type R without a tune [which I'm too old to do, and have zero desire to modify a car again]).

Is it as fun as the Blackwing? Personally, I enjoy it more, but then again I was around during the heyday of Hondas and Acuras back in the early 90s, so it's exceedingly familiar. I never drove my Blackwing, nor would I ever drive it, like I did at Spring Mountain, but knowing you had 668 supercharged is an intangible that only a few of us understand.

The Porsche has 200 hp less than the Blackwing, but there's only so much power that you can put down on the street. In a couple of years the Integra will become my kids' car, but until then it'll be my daily driver while the 911 sits in the garage like Porsche owners tend to do (I did the same thing with my Blackwing).
Sad Story. What is a car's purpose....#DRIVEIT

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners