Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hello BW fans - just put an order in for CTV 4 BW

Yeah I'm thinking I'll probably just fly into Atlanta and drive it up myself....time to get the learn the car while its still in restricted mode...
There isn't anything restricted. You are probably referring to the lower RPM redline on the tach for 500 miles. These aren't like the Corvettes. It's just a reminder to keep things reasonable. 1500 miles is break in.

There isn't anything restricted. You are probably referring to the lower RPM redline on the tach for 500 miles. These aren't like the Corvettes. It's just a reminder to keep things reasonable. 1500 miles is break in.

Corvettes are the same way.

Yes, the tach will get angry with you if you go above the breakin limit. There is a YouTube video where a guy is driving and filming the tach as he crosses over the break in mileage and the tach will go to 6500. It’s a neat video. If I can find it I’ll post a link to it

Corvettes are the same way.
The only reason I said that was that I recall a video where someone dynoed a C8 before and right after the tach change and they picked up HP. They claimed there was some performance restriction by the computer before 500 miles. None that I know of on the Caddies. Maybe my memory is the thing that is faulty. :D

This was from my 4BW when the redline went up. I think a few others have posted theirs.

Attachments

• VID_20220512_153002278.mp4
    23.1 MB

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!