Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My Goat Watch Has Ended

To @Exia

THREE CHEERS:
1. Candyland.
2. ...but I started my week like any other week, browsing the internet and not being productive.
3. And for an MSRP and 2023 deal to swing your way. Awesome.

How coincidental. I actually just drove home today to NC after purchasing this last night in PA. Not a Z06, but in order to be able to retain my 4BW IMSA Sebring (which was mandatory to me), a Z06 was just not in the cards for my budget. The gentleman who had ordered this particular C8 3LT convertible had built it exactly as I had spec'd mine. There was not a single difference between his and my build. Getting it for $5k off of MSRP made it just too good to pass up, regardless of the 400 mile round trip, which was fantastic I might add!

Congratulations on the Z06. That's quite a find at quite a great price. And, you got the best color ;)

View attachment 22341
That is sexyy!

This offends me as a fat guy!
Sexy Chris Farley GIF

How did you find this? I thought I scrubbed it from the internet!

Oh and here it is.

1000000730.jpg

Well I didn't plan for this to happen but I started my week like any other week, browsing the internet and not being productive.

I jumped on the Corvetteforums because nobody here was causing trouble on Vnet (I own a C7 Z06) and low and behold a dealer had posted that they had a brand new 2023 Z06 available at MSRP. They had just posted it not 10min prior, I called them and confirmed MSRP and that it was available.

I had actually been thinking about a Z06 or E-ray but unfortunately was not willing to sit on a list for years and pay multiple price hikes in the process. Not to mention over here in Candyland the price went up 25k for the 2024 model year so the only way I was willing to get one is if it was an MSRP 2023 and obviously thats not happening when I'm not on a single waitlist, a boy can dream right?

Well apparently I should take my dreams seriously because I found this thing by pure luck, right place, right time and apparently I am taking it home which doesn't feel real. The car came off the truck yesterday.

I didn't plan for this to happen but somehow it fell into my lap, unfortunately the Blackwing has to go, the car is to expensive here in Candyland to only give up my C7.

The car is a Red Mist (similar to Radiant Red) 2LZ Hardtop Convertible with the Z07 package and Visible Carbon Fiber. The carbon is just as rare on these cars as the Blackwings so I am quite happy I somehow managed to snag one with it.

My time on these forums has been fun and possibly I could be back at some point in the future. I will miss my Blackwing and will need a replacement manual car so maybe a 4BW is in the cards down the road as a cheaper alternative.

Sorry for the shitty pictures, I only have what the dealer quickly sent.

View attachment 22304
View attachment 22305
Congratulations! No one has hard feelings on this forum about replacing a BW with that. Couldn’t happen to a nicer Canadian.

I really like the color❤️

Congrats the vette looks awesome! Hopefully they didn’t bone you on the trade, but any dealer worth his salt would have. (I just bought my 4BW, $10k under MSRP and they were gonna just collect that from me on the trade. I was able to nearly double what they offered me in trade on my CTS-V by selling it on my own lol).

I got boned a little but I was willing to accept it because an MSRP Z07 with visible carbon is almost unobtainium at the moment and worth so much more over MSRP than what I didn't get in trade.

What?
In US English, “color” (no “u”) is the correct spelling. In UK English, “colour” (with a “u”) is standard. This regional spelling distinction carries over to other forms of the words, including “coloring/colouring” and “colorful/colourful.”

What?
In US English, “color” (no “u”) is the correct spelling. In UK English, “colour” (with a “u”) is standard. This regional spelling distinction carries over to other forms of the words, including “coloring/colouring” and “colorful/colourful.”
Yes, you are correct. That's the joke, he was talking to a Canadian, who likely uses the UK English spelling. Interesting fact, the reason that the "u" was dropped in it and similar words, including dropping the double letters like the "l" in "travelling" was because in the early days of print media, the more letters there were, the more it cost. So in the US they dropped letters they saw as superfluous in order to save money.

Now why they spell the word center - "centre", I'll never know.

Also in the early days of print presses italics were used sparingly due to cost.

Yes, you are correct. That's the joke, he was talking to a Canadian, who likely uses the UK English spelling. Interesting fact, the reason that the "u" was dropped in it and similar words, including dropping the double letters like the "l" in "travelling" was because in the early days of print media, the more letters there were, the more it cost. So in the US they dropped letters they saw as superfluous in order to save money.

oh, I get it now, my bad...

Awesome car. There's nothing else like it from GM. I need to wait until my kid is old enough to ride in the front seat before considering a Corvette.

Enjoy the flat plane crank!

Its still very enjoyable, I might need a second income to keep filling it up though. I average 10mpg but I can't think of another vehicle that the term "smiles per gallon" is so apt to excuse the terrible fuel economy.

Not UK English spelling - Canadian spelling.
Which is a thing.
For example we spell "color" as colour, but don't spell tire as "tyre" or aluminum as "aluminium".
After all, we aren't complete animals.
Now excuse me while I go take a nap on my chesterfield.

Anyone here recently taken delivery of a new Blackwing built in February or March?
As some of you know, I’m trading in my 22 for a 24 and I am curious about how long it takes from build to delivery these days.
Mine is a 6 speed CT5.
It was built on March 21 and I’m waiting for it in Ontario.
Last week my dealer’s sales manager told me its status was that it was ready for delivery and that it could arrive anytime.
He didn’t give me a code but I’m guessing it was at 4000 when he checked.
Recent experiences?

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop