Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My Goat Watch Has Ended

Exia

Seasoned Member
Well I didn't plan for this to happen but I started my week like any other week, browsing the internet and not being productive.

I jumped on the Corvetteforums because nobody here was causing trouble on Vnet (I own a C7 Z06) and low and behold a dealer had posted that they had a brand new 2023 Z06 available at MSRP. They had just posted it not 10min prior, I called them and confirmed MSRP and that it was available.

I had actually been thinking about a Z06 or E-ray but unfortunately was not willing to sit on a list for years and pay multiple price hikes in the process. Not to mention over here in Candyland the price went up 25k for the 2024 model year so the only way I was willing to get one is if it was an MSRP 2023 and obviously thats not happening when I'm not on a single waitlist, a boy can dream right?

Well apparently I should take my dreams seriously because I found this thing by pure luck, right place, right time and apparently I am taking it home which doesn't feel real. The car came off the truck yesterday.

I didn't plan for this to happen but somehow it fell into my lap, unfortunately the Blackwing has to go, the car is to expensive here in Candyland to only give up my C7.

The car is a Red Mist (similar to Radiant Red) 2LZ Hardtop Convertible with the Z07 package and Visible Carbon Fiber. The carbon is just as rare on these cars as the Blackwings so I am quite happy I somehow managed to snag one with it.

My time on these forums has been fun and possibly I could be back at some point in the future. I will miss my Blackwing and will need a replacement manual car so maybe a 4BW is in the cards down the road as a cheaper alternative.

Sorry for the shitty pictures, I only have what the dealer quickly sent.

IMG_20231017_151943.jpg

IMG_20231017_151938.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it has a few admirers already. Congrats!

Lucky, lucky dude! Congrats!

Congrats !!

Too bad you had to choose, but keep us posted on the BW sale. Are you selling it yourself or trading it for the Z06 ? Not sure about Canada, but in Texas you save paying sales tax on the amount of your trade. In your case, that should be most of the total tax.

Congrats on a sweet ride!! Curious to know how much was the markup?

The BW will be a trade, I do save on the taxes with trade ins.

I'm now trying to rope in a friend to drive one of of the cars to the dealer 3 hours away this weekend.

There was no markup on the Z06, I bought it for MSRP.

Wow what a find, congrats! Jealous (but still happy for ya) 😊

The BW will be a trade, I do save on the taxes with trade ins.

I'm now trying to rope in a friend to drive one of of the cars to the dealer 3 hours away this weekend.

There was no markup on the Z06, I bought it for MSRP.
Wow!! Now that’s a lottery win!!!

I'll look for your update when you post a short term review of the Z06 on /r/cars, lol.

Last edited:
I'll look for your update when you post a short term review of the Z06 on /r/cars, lol.
Alright this got me, I guess I'm a bit of an expected personality over there.

Don't fear though I'm already thinking about it and you can expect to see something this Saturday or Sunday depending on how much I have to drink after I return home from picking it up.

If the C8 series had a manual option, I'd probably be in a long-term Z06 goat rodeo. An alternate perspective, if the 5BW was auto only, I would probably have a Lucid Air or Plaid as a nutjob performance car. But enough about me, you @Exia finding your best car is what it's about, and for that I say cheers, and enjoy.

Well I didn't plan for this to happen but I started my week like any other week, browsing the internet and not being productive.

I jumped on the Corvetteforums because nobody here was causing trouble on Vnet (I own a C7 Z06) and low and behold a dealer had posted that they had a brand new 2023 Z06 available at MSRP. They had just posted it not 10min prior, I called them and confirmed MSRP and that it was available.

I had actually been thinking about a Z06 or E-ray but unfortunately was not willing to sit on a list for years and pay multiple price hikes in the process. Not to mention over here in Candyland the price went up 25k for the 2024 model year so the only way I was willing to get one is if it was an MSRP 2023 and obviously thats not happening when I'm not on a single waitlist, a boy can dream right?

Well apparently I should take my dreams seriously because I found this thing by pure luck, right place, right time and apparently I am taking it home which doesn't feel real. The car came off the truck yesterday.

I didn't plan for this to happen but somehow it fell into my lap, unfortunately the Blackwing has to go, the car is to expensive here in Candyland to only give up my C7.

The car is a Red Mist (similar to Radiant Red) 2LZ Hardtop Convertible with the Z07 package and Visible Carbon Fiber. The carbon is just as rare on these cars as the Blackwings so I am quite happy I somehow managed to snag one with it.

My time on these forums has been fun and possibly I could be back at some point in the future. I will miss my Blackwing and will need a replacement manual car so maybe a 4BW is in the cards down the road as a cheaper alternative.

Sorry for the shitty pictures, I only have what the dealer quickly sent.

View attachment 22304
View attachment 22305
Candyland?
Anyway, congrats, great colour, great car.
(Yes, everyone, that is how you spell “colour”.)

Candyland?
Anyway, congrats, great colour, great car.
(Yes, everyone, that is how you spell “colour”.)
I was just having fun trying to come up with a different way to say Canada. I was going to say Canadaland and then I just shortened it for giggles.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back