Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hello BW fans - just put an order in for CTV 4 BW

Hi all - wanted to introduce myself and announce my news.

I've been interested in the CTV 4 BW for a few months and put in for one (MT Midnight Steel Metallic w Bronze wheels/Tan Leather int)) last week. I've been checking out this forum for a few weeks, reading through many threads, and thought I'd join once I put in an order. I'm very excited to (hopefully) get this car (at some point).

I'm an old guy (62) but am still and have been a performance driving enthusiast. I tend to keep and cherish my cars for a long time - so choosing a car is an important long term decision for me. I'll likely never sell our 2004 e46 MT BMW ZHP (perfect car IMO if not overly quick...but good enough)...and 2 recent past cars (both MT) - 2001 Audi S4 Avant (heavily modded) and 1989 Toyota MR2 Supercharged are actually now owned by neighbors and are still being driven. Our Mustang has been in my family since it was new - its un-restored with only 57K miles (and of course it will also never be sold).

So its not like we actually NEED a new car right now - all of ours are running well....but I've started to panic WRT MT ICE sports cars starting to disappear. Over the last few years I've been considering Boxster/Cayman, Fiat (Miata clone) Abarth as well as the M2 (particularly the Comp version) and the RS3. I've also considered the M240 & M340s and such as well as the Alphas. My wife (who drives stick) is not enamored by the idea of a 2 seater and vastly prefers 4 doors (and doesn't want to buy used....)....and I like a small/nimble car (with power and performance) and vastly prefer a manual (otherwise I'd perhaps be ordering the RS3 by now). So anyway - where does that leave me? The 4 Blackwing apparently...and I've been following/interested in the prior V caddys for a while...so I get what they can do.

So yes - even though I've never driven one (only a basic CT 4 - didn't like so much) - I've read the reviews and watched probably all of the video reviews etc. I highly value handling and fun factor - and while its pushing being too big (for my tastes) and certainly a bit porky....well I think the new 4 BW is the perfect car for us...So can't wait!
Your BMW with the ZHP was as close to perfection as you could get. I owned a few of these and I loved the car. My jaw still drops when I have the rare occurrence to see one on the road.

I agree - the ZHP is a near perfect auto. I love driving it and we've kept it up to the extent that it drives just as well today as it was new.

A quick search on Cadillac.com found this one in Michigan: Site Maintenance
R U kidding e? Thats pretty much my car except for the wheels. Too bad I'm going to be out of town for the next few weeks...but I'll try to look into it...thanks!

I agree - the ZHP is a near perfect auto. I love driving it and we've kept it up to the extent that it drives just as well today as it was new.
How many miles on the BMW ZHP?

R U kidding e? Thats pretty much my car except for the wheels. Too bad I'm going to be out of town for the next few weeks...but I'll try to look into it...thanks!
Oops, that's in Atlanta. For some reason it shows my zip code as Detroit and says Michigan at the top of the page. Luckily, wheels are the easiest thing to change.

Oops, that's in Atlanta. For some reason it shows my zip code as Detroit and says Michigan at the top of the page. Luckily, wheels are the easiest thing to change.
So I sent a contact interest or what have you....unfortunately I'll be on a plane for much of the day tomorrow but we'll see. My plan is to buy a set of Apex wheels for the summer tires anyway and to use the stocks for winter tires. So yeah it would be great to get this car. I'll let you know.

Well I put a down payment on the 4BW in Atlanta. Thanks Dirtbg for alerting me. Too bad I'm in California for 2 weeks...but if all works out I plan to fly direct to Atlanta and drive it back home from there. I easily could have waited a while for the car...but why if I don't have to? So I'm excited...it should be broke in (500 miles) by the time I get home and now I'll have to consider scheduling the driver school in Nevada! And if I can swing it I'm thinking to divert to Tail of the Dragon on the ride home....not sure I will...but I want to...

Well I put a down payment on the 4BW in Atlanta. Thanks Dirtbg for alerting me. Too bad I'm in California for 2 weeks...but if all works out I plan to fly direct to Atlanta and drive it back home from there. I easily could have waited a while for the car...but why if I don't have to? So I'm excited...it should be broke in (500 miles) by the time I get home and now I'll have to consider scheduling the driver school in Nevada! And if I can swing it I'm thinking to divert to Tail of the Dragon on the ride home....not sure I will...but I want to...
California, where are you drinking beer at?

Great news! Remember to vary your speed on the freeway driving home for the break-in as others have mentioned on here.

Great news! Remember to vary your speed on the freeway driving home for the break-in as others have mentioned on here.
Yeah thanks...I'm very tuned in to this sort of thing (as well as new brake pad bedding in)...however I may not be driving it back myself at all. The dealership has offered to drive the car to me at no cost. I'm very tempted to accept....however my concerns involve engine and brake pad break in concerns. I may start a new thread to ask what folks think.

Yeah thanks...I'm very tuned in to this sort of thing (as well as new brake pad bedding in)...however I may not be driving it back myself at all. The dealership has offered to drive the car to me at no cost. I'm very tempted to accept....however my concerns involve engine and brake pad break in concerns. I may start a new thread to ask what folks think.
Ask them to ship it to you at no cost, better than someone else driving it.

Dont miss Brouwerij West in San Pedro. Let me know if you need or want any more recs.
Noted - I usually just end up where the locals take me..(and no complaints) .lol

Ask them to ship it to you at no cost, better than someone else driving it.
They claim to have had bad luck with damaged vehicles and claims and such...

Congrats! I traded in a 2020 BMW M340i for my 2023 CT4-V Blackwing. Still breaking the car in but overall pretty happy with it. I do miss the fuel efficiency of the M340i on road trips, around 30mpg or so.

Congrats! I traded in a 2020 BMW M340i for my 2023 CT4-V Blackwing. Still breaking the car in but overall pretty happy with it. I do miss the fuel efficiency of the M340i on road trips, around 30mpg or so.
Thanks. M340i is a very nice car...very quick and looks nice etc. Would be interested in how much of an upgrade you think the BW is and where it might fall short...

No way I would let someone drive my new car to me. I've seen too many of these dealer convoys driving cars on the road. Downright scary.

No way I would let someone drive my new car to me. I've seen too many of these dealer convoys driving cars on the road. Downright scary.
Yeah I'm thinking I'll probably just fly into Atlanta and drive it up myself....time to get the learn the car while its still in restricted mode...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back