Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hello BW fans - just put an order in for CTV 4 BW

Roadhawk

2024 CT4 V BW Mid St Met MT
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT V 4 BW
Hi all - wanted to introduce myself and announce my news.

I've been interested in the CTV 4 BW for a few months and put in for one (MT Midnight Steel Metallic w Bronze wheels/Tan Leather int)) last week. I've been checking out this forum for a few weeks, reading through many threads, and thought I'd join once I put in an order. I'm very excited to (hopefully) get this car (at some point).

I'm an old guy (62) but am still and have been a performance driving enthusiast. I tend to keep and cherish my cars for a long time - so choosing a car is an important long term decision for me. I'll likely never sell our 2004 e46 MT BMW ZHP (perfect car IMO if not overly quick...but good enough)...and 2 recent past cars (both MT) - 2001 Audi S4 Avant (heavily modded) and 1989 Toyota MR2 Supercharged are actually now owned by neighbors and are still being driven. Our Mustang has been in my family since it was new - its un-restored with only 57K miles (and of course it will also never be sold).

So its not like we actually NEED a new car right now - all of ours are running well....but I've started to panic WRT MT ICE sports cars starting to disappear. Over the last few years I've been considering Boxster/Cayman, Fiat (Miata clone) Abarth as well as the M2 (particularly the Comp version) and the RS3. I've also considered the M240 & M340s and such as well as the Alphas. My wife (who drives stick) is not enamored by the idea of a 2 seater and vastly prefers 4 doors (and doesn't want to buy used....)....and I like a small/nimble car (with power and performance) and vastly prefer a manual (otherwise I'd perhaps be ordering the RS3 by now). So anyway - where does that leave me? The 4 Blackwing apparently...and I've been following/interested in the prior V caddys for a while...so I get what they can do.

So yes - even though I've never driven one (only a basic CT 4 - didn't like so much) - I've read the reviews and watched probably all of the video reviews etc. I highly value handling and fun factor - and while its pushing being too big (for my tastes) and certainly a bit porky....well I think the new 4 BW is the perfect car for us...So can't wait!

Last edited:
Hi all - wanted to introduce myself and announce my news.

I've been interested in the CTV 4 BW for a few months and put in for one (MT Midnight Steel Metallic w Bronze wheels/Tan Leather int)) last week. I've been checking out this forum for a few weeks, reading through many threads, and thought I'd join once I put in an order. I'm very excited to (hopefully) get this car (at some point).

I'm an old guy (62) but am still and have been a performance driving enthusiast. I tend to keep and cherish my cars for a long time - so choosing a car is an important long term decision for me. I'll likely never sell our 2004 e46 MT BMW ZHP (perfect car IMO if not overly quick...but good enough)...and 2 recent past cars (both MT) - 2001 Audi S4 Avant (heavily modded) and 1989 Toyota MR Supercharged are actually now owned by neighbors and are still being driven. Our Mustang has been in my family since it was new - its un-restored with only 57K miles (and of course it will also never be sold).

So its not like we actually NEED a new car right now - all of ours are running well....but I've started to panic WRT MT ICE sports cars starting to disappear. Over the last few years I've been considering Boxster/Cayman, Fiat (Miata clone) Abarth as well as the M2 (particularly the Comp version) and the RS3. I've also considered the M240 & M340s and such as well as the Alphas. My wife (who drives stick) is not enamored by the idea of a 2 seater and vastly prefers 4 doors (and doesn't want to buy used....)....and I like a small/nimble car (with power and performance) and vastly prefer a manual (otherwise I'd perhaps be ordering the RS3 by now). So anyway - where does that leave me? The 4 Blackwing apparently...and I've been following/interested in the prior V caddys for a while...so I get what they can do.

So yes - even though I've never driven one (only a basic CT 4 - didn't like so much) - I've read the reviews and watched probably all of the video reviews etc. I highly value handling and fun factor - and while its pushing being too big (for my tastes) and certainly a bit porky....well I think the new 4 BW is the perfect car for us...So can't wait!
Welcome, and you are going to LOVE the 4BW!

Thanks - and yeah I think i will. My wife too (a very important factor). She loves the BMW but hates the GTI and hated the Audi - both too noisy,,,,she's also allergic to high torque acceleration. I can push the BMW to the max and she doesn't notice - but when the turbos kick in on the GTI (and before from the Audi) she starts screaming that we're going to die etc Seems like the BW is more linear and in between (and can be quiet and comfortable) - so all should be happy. I'm very excited WRT out of the box performance and again great handling is a must for me.

IMHO the 4BW handles/drives better than the 5BW...... I just traded my 4BW for an Escalade, wife's new ride and I'm having withdrawals.... I will get a new one before it's all over.....

Don't wait too long. I'm very concerned that I will never get this car. My salesperson said to expect a 1 year wait ( 5 on list ahead of me)...don't know what to think...not sure they will make a 2025 and I don't want video game screens if they update like they're talking with the 5. I could still buy used I guess (but will have to fight with my wife to do so).

Sorry to hear you're not in a BW anymore. Must be very tough. I can't stand SUVs - I want to feel the road underneath me; and the idea of (non MT & bland) EVs - regardless of performance - makes me consider just taking the bus.

Welcome and stop boggarting the beer! 😉

Thanks RDATLTE...there is plenty more where that came from. I'm a hombrewer with a kegarator....just need to put a glass under the spout and pour. Right now we have a potent Pliney the Elder clone on tap!

Don't wait too long. I'm very concerned that I will never get this car. My salesperson said to expect a 1 year wait ( 5 on list ahead of me)...don't know what to think...not sure they will make a 2025 and I don't want video game screens if they update like they're talking with the 5. I could still buy used I guess (but will have to fight with my wife to do so).

Sorry to hear you're not in a BW anymore. Must be very tough. I can't stand SUVs - I want to feel the road underneath me; and the idea of (non MT & bland) EVs - regardless of performance - makes me consider just taking the bus.
Oh I still have a 5BW and love it, I just liked the 4BW better....... I know a couple of people so getting one is not really the problem, its affording it...
IMG_4658.jpg

Thanks RDATLTE...there is plenty more where that came from. I'm a hombrewer with a kegarator....just need to put a glass under the spout and pour. Right now we have a potent Pliney the Elder clone on tap!
Beer is a very important part of my life. I don't trust myself to own a kegerator. 😂

LOL - yeah I often find I'm having beer for breakfast!

Wow Tall Steve - very good for you. I too would think the 4 is better to drive than the 5 - regardless of power difference. Its (one of the reasons) why - in general - modern cars - which are way too porky - just don't deliver the pleasure of older, lighter cars (with more direct hydraulic steering) etc They are just more fun...regardless of the crazy gobs of power (that cannot often be used except for passing and on-ramping and such).

I'm a very big fan of smaller nimbler cars. The 4 is actually pushing my limit on size (& weight for sure). My totally stock supercharged MR2 was perhaps the most fun car ever to drive - telepathic level steering/lane change responses and plenty quick.

My idea of fun are 2 lane mountain roads....I've done Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon (in the Audi) and a great many similar roads all over the country. It just doesn't get any better. I've gone out on West VA mountain roads in my (much tweaked suspension wise etc) GTI and passed numerous speed bikes without any passing me. OK power is certainly important....but without great handling...well its a one trick pony and not a driver's car. Not saying the 5 is a slouch...I imagine it isn't at all...but I think most folks just don't get it - in terms of what really makes a great car. And its why - more so than pure 1/4 miles times etc that the 4 Blackwing has great appeal for me.

Wow Tall Steve - very good for you. I too would think the 4 is better to drive than the 5 - regardless of power difference. Its (one of the reasons) why - in general - modern cars - which are way too porky - just don't deliver the pleasure of older, lighter cars (with more direct hydraulic steering) etc They are just more fun...regardless of the crazy gobs of power (that cannot often be used except for passing and on-ramping and such).

I'm a very big fan of smaller nimbler cars. The 4 is actually pushing my limit on size (& weight for sure). My totally stock supercharged MR2 was perhaps the most fun car ever to drive - telepathic level steering/lane change responses and plenty quick.

My idea of fun are 2 lane mountain roads....I've done Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon (in the Audi) and a great many similar roads all over the country. It just doesn't get any better. I've gone out on West VA mountain roads in my (much tweaked suspension wise etc) GTI and passed numerous speed bikes without any passing me. OK power is certainly important....but without great handling...well its a one trick pony and not a driver's car. Not saying the 5 is a slouch...I imagine it isn't at all...but I think most folks just don't get it - in terms of what really makes a great car. And its why - more so than pure 1/4 miles times etc that the 4 Blackwing has great appeal for me.
Welcome. If you're not totally stuck on that spec (which will look great) there are plenty of 4BWs sitting on lots, many with discounts. No need to play the wait-list game on 4BWs at this point.

Its (one of the reasons) why - in general - modern cars - which are way too porky - just don't deliver the pleasure of older, lighter cars (with more direct hydraulic steering) etc They are just more fun...regardless of the crazy gobs of power (that cannot often be used except for passing and on-ramping and such).

+1

I agree, why wait a year just for a specific color or specific build. Get a manual with six speed and updated seats. They are on the lots right now. Perhaps you can even find one with CF packages.

Thanks for the advice guys. I actually found a 2022 Blaze Orange with the manual trans and seats/options I wanted with I think 13K miles for $58K...but wife nixed the idea of a used purchase. I don't want the CF BTW. I'm in no hurry really...but would like to get this car at some point...and if it never comes well it does seem as if there are used purchase options out there...

This thread started out so promising...kegerator, homebrewer, Pliny on tap, but you lost me when you suggested the 5BW is not a 'drivers car' :) The 4 and 5 share the same platform and are a lot more alike than they are dissimilar. Yes the 4BW has a more agile feel, but you're way off the mark to presume the 5BW is Hellcat with a caddy badge.

Good luck with your search. You'll have a much greater likelihood of finding a new manual 4BW in dealer inventory than the 5.

Thanks jboden...I stand corrected (and I've never driven one)...I'm just saying for me - for my preferences its waaay too big and bulky. Its clearly a screamer and I've seen the track videos. I'm sure I'd love driving it. But not necessarily for the kind of driving I like best (4 is even too bulky for me ideally)

Thanks - and yeah I think i will. My wife too (a very important factor).
I know what you mean. My wife did not like the Blackwing and told me it was either her or the car. Obviously I chose the car. She's been nice though and lets me park the car in the driveway, so I'm living in the Blackwing and she's in the house. I was able to move most of my things into the garage so I can have easy access. I can even go into the house a few times a week to shower.

So far it's working out well. The car is incredible and I'm really happy with my choice.

Thanks for the advice guys. I actually found a 2022 Blaze Orange with the manual trans and seats/options I wanted with I think 13K miles for $58K...but wife nixed the idea of a used purchase. I don't want the CF BTW. I'm in no hurry really...but would like to get this car at some point...and if it never comes well it does seem as if there are used purchase options out there...
A quick search on Cadillac.com found this one in Michigan: Site Maintenance

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners