Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Official Track Day Thread

hawgs911

Seasoned Member
Do we have one for the folks tracking their cars? If not maybe we can Sticky.

Also, what pads are you CT4 guys running and how often are you changing them out?

Not a bad idea as I don't see a sticky thread on this topic.

Heading to the Hooked on Cars event with the V-Club at The Ridge on Saturday and need to put new pads (stock OEM Brembos) in before I go (have a 5BW.)

I've got SCCA Track Night in America at Pocono on the 20th. Going to run all stock minus brake fluid, which I swapped for Castrol SRF today.

My first real track day (I've done some manufacturer events in the past) - excited for it.

I agree on this !

Did Barber today. Overall really good. Started to get some shaking in the streering under hard braking which I didn’t love. So maybe time for some rotors. Still no aftermarket ones?

Anybody do track days on the 4s?
Almost felt like my front wheel was slipping on the rim when they got hot.

@Rob if you are taking requests and you think peeps would find useful...

Something like this...

Screenshot 2023-04-10 220241.png

That leads to...

Screenshot 2023-04-10 220324.png

Thanks!

Not a bad idea as I don't see a sticky thread on this topic.

Heading to the Hooked on Cars event with the V-Club at The Ridge on Saturday and need to put new pads (stock OEM Brembos) in before I go (have a 5BW.)

How many miles do you have on yours?
I did full fluid swaps and track alignment but still original pads (7k miles). See you there.

If you are in So Calif - I wholeheartedly recommend Speed Ventures : Speed Ventures for some track time;
Tons of great track days & some autocross and very well done. Different groups, even the occasional instructor ride along.
When my wife was deployed, I was going twice a month on the weekends. It got me on almost every track in So. Calif. I even drove up to Monterrey and did Laguna Seca and drove back the next day.

Anybody do track days on the 4s?
Almost felt like my front wheel was slipping on the rim when they got hot.
I'm going to my 3rd at Sonoma next month. I do feel like the car definately understeers more than I would like on heavy cornering. Still on stock pads though and have not noticed any significant fade.

How much track time do you get at a Speed Ventures event? And how many cars are in a run group?
If you are in So Calif - I wholeheartedly recommend Speed Ventures : Speed Ventures for some track time;
Tons of great track days & some autocross and very well done. Different groups, even the occasional instructor ride along.
When my wife was deployed, I was going twice a month on the weekends. It got me on almost every track in So. Calif. I even drove up to Monterrey and did Laguna Seca and drove back the next day.

How much track time do you get at a Speed Ventures event? And how many cars are in a run group?

There are 4 rungroups and you typically get four 20 - 30 min runs in a day. Depending on how may folks RSVP, I've seen days with really low run counts, as low as 5 and during summer vacation season maybe 20 or 25. You pick your own group/experience and can switch during the day as you get to know the track better.

Another good thing is that there is always a drivers meeting after the rungroup so if there is some asshole that wont get out of your way, you can say "who is the dickhead in the Rift CT4 BW???!" someone raises their had and you can say "Im on your ass in the corners, why are you not following the rules and letting me by???" The problem is usually solved and everyone plays nice together knowing they are going to see everyone face to face and the end of the run....

Sometimes there is a lot of I have XXX car and therefore are superior to you mentally in the beginning and it brings them down to earth. I have video from a few years ago getting waived by from a CTS-V in my VW R32 after saying something in the first drivers meeting....the guy just had a hard time working that round thing in front of him whilst driving

Pretty much what I expected. I'm spoiled - when I last did track days some coworkers would rent the whole track (full Buttonwillow and Streets of Willow for sure; think I probably ran big Willow and Ca speedway roadcourse with them too, but those might have been a different group) - apparently, if you have less than 15 cars you don't need an ambulance or support equipment. Everyone got 8+ hours of track time for around $200 for a weekday. By the end of the day there might only be 2 or 3 cars out on the track at a time as drivers got exhausted. I burned several full tanks of fuel in one day with all the track time.

They were absolute hooligans and there were no rules. There were a fair number of spins off track (including me), but thankfully no one hit anything and no one suffered any vehicle damage.

8 hours of seat time with very little traffic out on track is a whole different experience -Those events spoiled me compared to the three 20 minute run groups full of slowly driven expensive cars with drivers who refused to let a less expensive car with less horsepower pass on the straights - even though it was running significantly faster lap times. Sounds like Speed ventures is better than what I experienced, but sounds like total seat time is still only around 90 minutes?

There are 4 rungroups and you typically get four 20 - 30 min runs in a day. Depending on how may folks RSVP, I've seen days with really low run counts, as low as 5 and during summer vacation season maybe 20 or 25. You pick your own group/experience and can switch during the day as you get to know the track better.

Another good thing is that there is always a drivers meeting after the rungroup so if there is some asshole that wont get out of your way, you can say "who is the dickhead in the Rift CT4 BW???!" someone raises their had and you can say "Im on your ass in the corners, why are you not following the rules and letting me by???" The problem is usually solved and everyone plays nice together knowing they are going to see everyone face to face and the end of the run....

Sometimes there is a lot of I have XXX car and therefore are superior to you mentally in the beginning and it brings them down to earth. I have video from a few years ago getting waived by from a CTS-V in my VW R32 after saying something in the first drivers meeting....the guy just had a hard time working that round thing in front of him whilst driving

Do we have one for the folks tracking their cars? If not maybe we can Sticky.

Also, what pads are you CT4 guys running and how often are you changing them out?
I’m hoping to find a track pad option for my CT4VBW but haven’t figured anything out yet. My stock front pads gave up after two track days last fall, the pads crumbled in the center and left deposits on the rotors. I was at Spring Mountain last week and basically had the same thing with the car I had there. I had a pretty bad brake violation at the end of day one, the techs checked it out over night and had to replace the pads and turn the rotors. Talking with the techs and instructors that seems to be a pretty common thing when the cars are pushed hard. The stock pads are fine up to a certain point, but this is a relatively heavy and fast car and to be able to really push it on track we’re going to need a more capable pad.

I’m hoping to find a track pad option for my CT4VBW but haven’t figured anything out yet. My stock front pads gave up after two track days last fall, the pads crumbled in the center and left deposits on the rotors. I was at Spring Mountain last week and basically had the same thing with the car I had there. I had a pretty bad brake violation at the end of day one, the techs checked it out over night and had to replace the pads and turn the rotors. Talking with the techs and instructors that seems to be a pretty common thing when the cars are pushed hard. The stock pads are fine up to a certain point, but this is a relatively heavy and fast car and to be able to really push it on track we’re going to need a more capable pad.
Essex shows it as the same pad from the ATS-V and has the Ferodo pads in stock. Carbotech also has pads available.

There was a thread on the "other" Caddy forum (I won't link it here), I think by @pkincy where he confirmed the same ATS-V/C7 Z06 pads work and you just have to zip tie the wear sensor out of the way.

I haven't had to change mine just yet so grain of salt and all that.

I may have had a similar situation on the track at barber. They were fine until they got hot and I believe they left deposits and I started to feel a shake in the steering wheel under hard braking. Going to pull the wheel off and inspect them later on today. Also think I'm going to go with hawk DTC 60s or ER1 pads while I can get 30% off.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back