Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What’s next?

My car does this too. I’ve found out that holding onto the shifter seems to dull it. No idea what the connection is as the sound seems to come from the dash somewhere but it’s starting to get on my nerves too
I didn’t hear it much when temps were above 50 but as it got to 40s, it started. Yes it’s also getting on my nerves but now it’s snowing out and my car will set for 3 months so won’t have to listen to it for a while.

My Z06 (C5) did that as well. I assumed (right or wrong) that it was piston slap, and it always bothered me too.
What's "piston slap", that's a term I've never heard of? Don

Cylinder bore too large for piston size, creating slapping noise usually when cold only.
We had one so bad GM changed engine 350 Chevy pickup in late 90’s

No plans to ever replace the 5BW.

I'm also thinking of bikes. The Aprilia Tuono is what I'm currently longing for. The V4 soundtrack is the most menacing thing on 2 wheels. I plan to rent one for the day to see if I can handle the ergonomics.

I've always wanted to build a Cobra kit car. The perfect engine would be the LT6 from the new Z06. Not for sale as a crate engine yet, but maybe one day.........
I have a 2017 Tuono 1100rr that's been tuned, 1" higher bars, set up for my not so svelt 6'2" 230lbs frame, and I've done everything from track days to curvy roads to sport touring. Only thing it sucks at is long highway drones, but I avoid those for the most part. I bought it new and I can't get rid of it, despite my friends getting cushier bikes. It is an absolute hoot, and the best handling bike I've ever owned.

Honestly really, really satisfied with my combo of 5BW and Lotus Elise. Can't think of a better 2-car combo for me, and likely won't even try for many years. I don't think anything will be made in my price level that will make me happier.

My search is narrowed down now to either a BW4 or a 392 Jeep mall crawler. Yes, polar opposites. The upside to a Jeep is that I don't think or have to worry about where I park or where I drive it to. Chicago has pot holes and salt. Neither of which are an issue when you're a half mile off the ground. The BW4 has the power and fun factor beyond the 392 capabilities. Most of my driving is highway in Chicago traffic. The 4 gives me the power to merge easy as well as skirt some traffic. I do enjoy to be topless over the summer. Either of the two options will be a 3.6 Jeep replacement. The BW5 isn't going anywhere.
Jeep Wranglers are great and they come in such fun colors compared to most vehicles.

My Z06 (C5) did that as well. I assumed (right or wrong) that it was piston slap, and it always bothered me too.
After doing a deep dive about piston slap, I'm now convinced that's what it was. Knowing that the seemingly only resolution is a new engine (!), nothing would have been done, it would have always done that, and would have always bothered me. Oh well, moot point now.

Jeep Wranglers are great and they come in such fun colors compared to most vehicles.
I've never driven/owned anything other than black, silver, and gray. Some of those highlighter colors have gotten my attention.

I've never driven/owned anything other than black, silver, and gray. Some of those highlighter colors have gotten my attention.
Mine is the boring Billet Silver. I purchased it off the lot and was looking for the cheapest one I could find, in this case $28.5K new in 2014. The subsequent mods I made were more than that. The photo is the Mexico/US border in Southern Arizona.

Jeep-Border.jpg

What’s next is a camper van for traveling around the US when I retire. Also will be taking it to the drag strip.
I've had my camper van 3 yrs now and it has 44k miles. The 4BW has 6k lol. Its a trip going from being up high in the van to the BW. I always take the van on trips to the IMSA races, parks, friends etc cause you have your mini place to stay without any setup. Mine cannot tow much more than a boat or small trailer but there are ones that can.

Mine is the boring Billet Silver. I purchased it off the lot and was looking for the cheapest one I could find, in this case $28.5K new in 2014. The subsequent mods I made were more than that. The photo is the Mexico/US border in Southern Arizona.

Jeep-Border.jpg
I traded my 5 year old SS with almost 105k on the clock for my JL. It's already been repainted once from the door hinge bullshit. Mine had 25k on the clock when traded. My trade was almost straight up which made it really hard to resist. Mine from original to today:
eDG40nr.jpg

Reactions: CBH
I find it easier to just put my hockey bag in the back seat anyway. Benefits of a 4-door. Easier to get the bag in and out of the back seat than the trunk for sure, since the trunk opening isn't very large for the car the size of the 5BW. Plus it's easier to just throw the sticks in from the back seat area, between the two front seats, so I have to open the rear door anyway. Wouldn't be ideal if you want to take other people, but if just me that's the easier approach, my opinion.
Tried a variation of that with the back seats folded and the sticks poking into the trunk instead of into the front.
Much easier to put the bag into the car from the back door than the trunk.
Trunk openings on coupes and sedans these days are generally not well-designed for ease of use, with high lift over heights and oddly shaped openings being common.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back