Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V No Respect

Cadillac CT4-V model

The Sandman

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V BW
My BW is usually parked in my garage when I’m home, but yesterday I needed to park it on the driveway for a while. Heard a knock at my door… it was my mailman delivering a few packages. He looked very excited…
”Hey, who’s Cadillac is that… is it yours?”
Yes it is… just recently picked it up.
”Oh, that’s awesome. That’s the one with the Corvette engine, right?”
No, it’s the one with the twin turbo V6.

His smile faded. He said “We’ll, it’s a really nice color anyway” and walked away.

🥴

You should have started it up for him. That usually changes people's tune.

Maybe even raced his mail truck for Pinks.

I also have a mailman story. I was out shopping and walked out of the store and a mailman was outside and wanted to talk about my Blackwing. He knew exactly what I had going on.

This is a difficult topic. Something that I have beat myself up over.

2016 Silverado - being judged for knowing how to drive a 2WD 'not-a-real' truck in bad weather and being ridiculed for not being a 4WD truck
2018 Focus ST - why didn't you get the RS??
2017 Corvette Grand Sport - what's wrong, couldn't afford the Z06?
2022 Bronco - soft top and non sasquatch package? should have just gotten the Bronco Sport

But now, with a 5BW in the garage, I thought I was the cream of the crop, but not every person immediately recognizes the car like I thought they might.

I am realizing that its how the car makes YOU feel. Not how others perceive it. There's a reason so many GM engineers/members have the 4BW - it's a great daily/track car that any driver can reach for its full capabilities. I'd be lucky to ever get that with my 5BW.

Enjoy your car, brother!

Sure… yours has that Corvette engine in it.
If it makes you fell better, I get more comments about my 2014 Jeep JK than I do with the Blackwing and I paid $29K for that new. Granted, I put more $$ than that into it since then.

My BW is usually parked in my garage when I’m home, but yesterday I needed to park it on the driveway for a while. Heard a knock at my door… it was my mailman delivering a few packages. He looked very excited…
”Hey, who’s Cadillac is that… is it yours?”
Yes it is… just recently picked it up.
”Oh, that’s awesome. That’s the one with the Corvette engine, right?”
No, it’s the one with the twin turbo V6.

His smile faded. He said “We’ll, it’s a really nice color anyway” and walked away.

🥴
Ouch.

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

Did you ask what he's got in the garage?

If it makes you fell better, I get more comments about my 2014 Jeep JK than I do with the Blackwing and I paid $29K for that new. Granted, I put more $$ than that into it since then.
same here. At least with the jeep all the comments are chicks. Never had a dude comment on it and I'm fine with that.

Oh, I don’t mean to imply that I feel bad, or that I regret not getting a 5BW instead. On the contrary, I didn’t settle for the 4BW… I chose it. It’s just more suited to my needs and my personality. It’s an incredibly capable and fun car and it never fails to make me feel special whenever I drive it or even look at it 😃

Among other things, I lack 2 crucial traits that keep me out of the 5BW… patience and restraint. A man’s got to know his limitations. 😉

Oh, I don’t mean to imply that I feel bad, or that I regret not getting a 5BW instead. On the contrary, I didn’t settle for the 4BW… I chose it. It’s just more suited to my needs and my personality. It’s an incredibly capable and fun car and it never fails to make me feel special whenever I drive it or even look at it 😃

Among other things, I lack 2 crucial traits that keep me out of the 5BW… patience and restraint. A man’s got to know his limitations. 😉
I completely get it. I got back from Spring Mountain this weekend and the conclusion I came to is that if I plan to track a car it won't be my 5BW. A 4BW would be a better choice or something completely different.

I completely get it. I got back from Spring Mountain this weekend and the conclusion I came to is that if I plan to track a car it won't be my 5BW. A 4BW would be a better choice or something completely different.
The answer is always Miata ... :)
Costs about the same as replacement ceramic rotors for the 5BW and a better platform to learn on

This is a difficult topic. Something that I have beat myself up over.

2016 Silverado - being judged for knowing how to drive a 2WD 'not-a-real' truck in bad weather and being ridiculed for not being a 4WD truck
2018 Focus ST - why didn't you get the RS??
2017 Corvette Grand Sport - what's wrong, couldn't afford the Z06?
2022 Bronco - soft top and non sasquatch package? should have just gotten the Bronco Sport

But now, with a 5BW in the garage, I thought I was the cream of the crop, but not every person immediately recognizes the car like I thought they might.

I am realizing that its how the car makes YOU feel. Not how others perceive it. There's a reason so many GM engineers/members have the 4BW - it's a great daily/track car that any driver can reach for its full capabilities. I'd be lucky to ever get that with my 5BW.

Enjoy your car, brother!
Yup! They might actually be smarter than us? I have the 5-BW and a part of me thinks the sweet spot for daily action is probably the 4-BW.

I'm already making judgements when someone refers to a specific LS or LT motor as "same engine as a Corvette". Not quite a point and laugh level judgement, but I assume its someone that read an article in the USA Today on a work trip and not really that into cars. The opinion of these folks ranks low on my give-a-shits scale.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back