Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Made a new ZO6 owner cry today.

FLYARMY

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I was at a local car show tonight and parked my CT5/BW at the far end of the parking lot , for a quick gettaway. An older gentleman (70's) pulls up to park in front of me with his 3 day old blue ZO6. He gets out and I check out his ride , since its the first 2023 ZO6 that I have seen in the wild this year. He claims to have waited 3 years to get it. We start talking and he opens the engine bay ( I was impressed with the layout). I ask him how many HP it has and he says "670" with a huge smile. He points at my Caddy and asks how many HP it has and I tell him .....2 less than yours. He didn't believe me until I proved it to him and he actually became upset that his $160k Corvette has basically the same HP. He got further depressed when I told him that I can carry 5 people with their luggage. I talked him off the ledge and told him that I thought his car was "really cool" too.

Senior citizen Corvette drivers have all this horsepower to brag about but will only use 109 out of 670 of it because they're afraid to 'hurt the engine' and decrease its value.

I'm surprised he didn't point out that his Rapid Blue ZO6 is 1 of 13 built on a Wednesday by Craig and Sally with that color interior, orange brake calipers, chrome emblems, and visible carbon. And that his dealer threw in the premium car cover for free because he's bought 12 Corvettes from them in the last decade, only driving each them 900 miles a year before selling or trading them at a huge loss.

Senior citizen Corvette drivers have all this horsepower to brag about but will only use 109 out of 670 of it because they're afraid to 'hurt the engine' and decrease its value.
I know an old incredibly rich guy who had a C7 (he sold it for a C8 and really regrets it). He never drove the car like it was built to be driven. He'd often say "You can only go 65 on the highway anyway" as he takes the entire length of the on ramp to get up to speed.

Owning both cars at the moment they are obviously apples to orange comparison. Yes they are very close in HP and Z06 is much lighter but heavy for what it is. The difference in TQ is big and the manual in BW is way more fun to drive.

After owning a C7 Z06 the C8 is a much more refined car and not twitchy on the edge like the C7’s I had in the past.

With that being said anything I’ve owed before with 600+ hp would just blow the rear times off in first, the Z06 is a blast down low to hook and rip 8,600 rpm’s.

This guy told me that he has owned 30 Corvettes in his life. I do like the look of the new Vettes. I call them American Ferrari's. I will probably get one, years down the road when they are realistically priced.

Ha ha people crack me up but to each their own. I’ve had people say similar “it’s just not a Corvette anymore”. I would ask how familiar are you with the history of Corvette? They’d say again similar to the guy you met “Well I’ve own X amount”, I’d say so you’re aware they’ve been pushing to make the Corvette mid engine since the mid 1960’s? The look on their face in utter confusion, then I’d invite them to read up on Zora Arkus Duntov if they cared. I’ve bought and sold thousands of Corvettes, every generation has its own following, my favorite are 65-67 Coupes, timeless body style.

"They didn't make many of these...🥩"

Ha ha people crack me up but to each their own. I’ve had people say similar “it’s just not a Corvette anymore”. I would ask how familiar are you with the history of Corvette? They’d say again similar to the guy you met “Well I’ve own X amount”, I’d say so you’re aware they’ve been pushing to make the Corvette mid engine since the mid 1960’s? The look on their face in utter confusion, then I’d invite them to read up on Zora Arkus Duntov if they cared. I’ve bought and sold thousands of Corvettes, every generation has its own following, my favorite are 65-67 Coupes, timeless body style.
65-67 are timeless kind like Beatles records absolute perfection!

I can't tell if this guy or story is serious.

If he is actually upset his 670 NA engine is only 2 horsepower higher then a boosted engine he's an idiot. If he actually sat on a list for years to be one of the firsts to get this car he would know the old Z06 still has 650 horsepower. Apparently he shouldn't have even spent the money on this new Z06 because if horsepower is all that matters he could spend less and just buy a Hellcat Redeye.

I'm so confused.

Damn ducks.

Nobody who has a C8 Z06 should be jealous or “cry” that they don’t have a BW of any variation. It’s quite clear this gentleman doesn’t know what he has and unfortunately sounds like it will only be driven to car meets and not like it was meant to be.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my 4V BW, but if my life style allowed me to have a two seater, I would be in a two seater and not a sedan.

Nobody who has a C8 Z06 should be jealous or “cry” that they don’t have a BW of any variation. It’s quite clear this gentleman doesn’t know what he has and unfortunately sounds like it will only be driven to car meets and not like it was meant to be.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my 4V BW, but if my life style allowed me to have a two seater, I would be in a two seater and not a sedan.
If the Tremec TR6060 ever finds its way into the C8, I would be envious of those who have the ability to put the Z06 into their stable. Absent that, I'm content to let others enjoy it.

Its a sorta McClaren spinoff....Without the pricey tag. Vey nice car, it's not for me. I'll take a 4 door super sedan any day over it. ;)

Went to dinner last night with my wife and the shiny 5BW. Had a few Q & A sessions about her going into and out of the restaurant. Great comments on her. People appreciate the BW's, the ones' that are familiar with them.

The C2 body - 63 to 67 - is one of the best looking cars ever made.

I've always dreamed of owning a Corvette, so a little piece of me died when the C8 announced automatic only.......meaning I'll never be able to buy a new Corvette. So its not for me, but the Z06 is still an incredible car. Don't hold your breath for them to be "reasonably priced" in the future.

Have you priced C5 and C6 'Vettes ? They're more now than they were new !! Even 5th and 6th gen Camaros are all more expensive than a brand new one. I was blown away when trying to steer a friend to a Camaro instead of a used Bimmer and found those prices. Based on that, it might be a wise investment if you could order a new V8 Camaro at the base price.

‘61 and ‘62 are clearly the best looking coupes Corvette ever made, followed closely by ‘63 split window. You can always add a ‘58 if you really want a head turner

There were no coupes in 61 or 62, only convertibles with an optional hard top. The 63 model (C2 63-67) was the first year for a coupe. Obviously known as the split window as a 1 year body. While they were beautiful cars the 65-67’s were more enjoyable to drive with std disc brakes, rubber mounted body to frame and more HP available. They are all beautiful just my 2 cents.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back