Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No Global B flex fuel support !

Aaron4BW

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
So I'm in a tough situation. After installing my upgraded hpfp & fuel cam, I'm unable to get a flex fuel sensor for global B because of DSX tuning understandable fear of getting copied. So my work & money spent on parts is wasted until they decide to sell to the general public. After talking to DSX today, there is no plan on releasing it anytime soon. This is really frustrating!! I thought I would just warn any So Cal people, that the only authorized installer within a few hundred miles do not work on LF4s. LT4s might be a different story, but even if you are in another state, check with an authorized dealer/installer before planning for Ethanol as you might run into the same problem as me. Okay, rant over :(

So I'm in a tough situation. After installing my upgraded hpfp & fuel cam, I'm unable to get a flex fuel sensor for global B because of DSX tuning understandable fear of getting copied. So my work & money spent on parts is wasted until they decide to sell to the general public. After talking to DSX today, there is no plan on releasing it anytime soon. This is really frustrating!! I thought I would just warn any So Cal people, that the only authorized installer within a few hundred miles do not work on LF4s. LT4s might be a different story, but even if you are in another state, check with an authorized dealer/installer before planning for Ethanol as you might run into the same problem as me. Okay, rant over :(
So go with HP Tuners?

Im already tuned on HP tuners... there's no point in getting the DSX flex fuel sensor if you're not tuned on HP tuners.
Oh. I see what you are saying. DSX won't sell you the actual physical assembly.

I assume it's a different design than the DSX for the LT engines?

Oh. I see what you are saying. DSX won't sell you the actual physical assembly.

I assume it's a different design than the DSX for the LT engines?
Yea exactly. I don't think they are different designs. They wont sell any Global B flex fuel kit right now. The problem is that there is a limited number of "DSX authorized" sellers/installers & an even smaller number of those shops will touch an LF4.
So I'm only assuming that it will be easier finding a shop that will be willing to work on a 5BW because of popularity of the drivetrain. An "unamed" shop in so cal lost interest in my inquiry because they only work on LS/LT cars. My next inquiry will be a shop in Arizona. After that, I might as well just drive the 2500 miles out to Scott in Ohio if I really want this done 😒

I don't want to say it but these cars are turning out to be real duds as far as 'easy horsepower' goes.

I don't want to say it but these cars are turning out to be real duds as far as 'easy horsepower' goes.
Don't get me wrong, for just having downpipes & being tapout tuned, I'm happy with the improvements over stock. A night & day difference making an extra 100 whp. It's just not & will never be a very supported platform like the BMW G8x or even LT/LS. Global B just adds another obstacle on top of the lack of support.

I think it will just take time. Yeah its been around for a while. The fact they continue to use it with more cars especially higher performing ones, tuners and hackers won't be able to ignore it forever.

Easy is relative of course but if you just want to open your wallet, there are great options:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back