Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Stainless Works Exhausts

flipray

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
86-030
So I talked to Chris at Stainless works about exhaust for the BWs. They said they haven’t had much people ask about them so assumed there’s no demand. But told him the numbers produced and that demand is there since nobody has made any. He said if they can get 10 commits and a car in Ohio to R&D, they’ll make it happen.

So who’s in Ohio who can get this started? Address is on the card…
IMG_9628.jpeg

I'd expect both the 4 and 5BW factory exhausts are stainless. Doubt there's much left on the table in terms of HP gains.

I had a C7 Corvette and going from the stock to the optional and considerably louder exhaust only gained 5 HP. Don

I sent him a message expressing interest to purchase and what I think would be a good design. I'd encourage others to do the same - only way we can get something on the market is by showing these folks that there is interest in the product!

I'd expect both the 4 and 5BW factory exhausts are stainless. Doubt there's much left on the table in terms of HP gains.

I had a C7 Corvette and going from the stock to the optional and considerably louder exhaust only gained 5 HP. Don
This is correct. Aftermarket exhaust systems will most likely be heavier. Plus, the factory exhaust systems sound nearly perfect. This is why we recommend downpipes for the CT4-V Blackwings, and headers for the CT5-V Blackwings.

This is correct. Aftermarket exhaust systems will most likely be heavier. Plus, the factory exhaust systems sound nearly perfect. This is why we recommend downpipes for the CT4-V Blackwings, and headers for the CT5-V Blackwings.
Do the CT4-V downpipes delete the cats? Don

I'd prefer just a little more volume, something warranty friendly. don't really want to mess with the downpipes or any of the hassles that they might introduce.

Do the CT4-V downpipes delete the cats? Don
We offer them with or without cats.

I doubt there is room for any hp gains. The one thing GM does is well is allow their performance vehicles to breath very well. So you might get 5hp....and then if the PCM is locked, it will just be a few key cycles before it learns down that extra 5hp.

I saw a video where they found it to be aluminized steel. It may be lighter than stainless steel, but doesn't sound as good.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back