Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Made a new ZO6 owner cry today.

There were no coupes in 61 or 62, only convertibles with an optional hard top. The 63 model (C2 63-67) was the first year for a coupe. Obviously known as the split window as a 1 year body. While they were beautiful cars the 65-67’s were more enjoyable to drive with std disc brakes, rubber mounted body to frame and more HP available. They are all beautiful just my 2 cents.
Yes, of course you’re right about the 61 and 62. I should’ve said “with hardtop” rather than coupe, but they are still my two favorites.

When speaking about the 63 split window, obviously not a very enjoyable ride, but I was strictly speaking from an aesthetic standpoint. I had a 66 big block convertible and that was no joy ride either.

As the years went on, Corvettes became more comfortable and enjoyable to ride
However, they never matched the beauty of the early 60s- 67 Corvettes.

If the Tremec TR6060 ever finds its way into the C8, I would be envious of those who have the ability to put the Z06 into their stable. Absent that, I'm content to let others enjoy it.
Man if they put a Tremec manual back into the C8, even a Stingray, I'd be very tempted to sell my C7 Z06 for a HTC Stingray.

Man if they put a Tremec manual back into the C8, even a Stingray, I'd be very tempted to sell my C7 Z06 for a HTC Stingray.
I don’t think they can as I’ve read the car is structurally built around the DCT. They would have to significantly alter the car and then have to get everything approved again. Then I believe they’d have to redesign the weird center stack to accommodate the stick shift mechanism.

Maybe it’s just excuses from GM, regardless, I don’t think they are going to spend the money on it so there will be no manual C8s.

On the bright side, this means your manual C7 Z06 will hold on to that already high value I’ve seen them maintain.

Last edited:
The E-Ray proved the previous "excuses" were correct. We all lost the chance to get a stick-shift C8 so the center tunnel could house batteries. :(

There were no coupes in 61 or 62, only convertibles with an optional hard top. The 63 model (C2 63-67) was the first year for a coupe. Obviously known as the split window as a 1 year body. While they were beautiful cars the 65-67’s were more enjoyable to drive with std disc brakes, rubber mounted body to frame and more HP available. They are all beautiful just my 2 cents.
Yup, they just drew you in from every angle and the inside too! Very uncomfortable to drive any distance though.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners